The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sooo hot and humid with dangerous dew points. Please be careful for those of you who are
experiencing the same weather as NE Ohio.. No worries here as my ac is on and working well.

I gave Big Cal a total haircut!! She looks weird but loves it! I can now kiss her sweet skin. It's
about an inch long or less, and a bit more in spots I missed.I cut very close to her skin in some
areas. It's a work in progress, I'll have Kaylee take a pic.I'm keeping it short for the summer. Even
with ac, she had way too much hair to be comfortable. The bristles now go all they through to her
skin while I gently brush her and she loves it, angel baby.

Will be day of staying in. I ventured out off and on yesterday to water plants. Thirteen tomato plants
in the solo cup!!

Nice pics of everyone's babies!💖
I've been thinking of shaving Isabelle. She has been getting some knots. I was working to shave them out and thinking about shaving the hair around where she has the knots to prevent them from knotting more, but with no warning she now has a huge knot on her stomach/chest. She will not be happy if I try to put her on her back and shave that. Right when I was making lots of progress, too! I may ask the vet to shave her so all the knots are out and do not need to worry about new knots. Not sure how much it costs and dreading to know how much it will be.

How do you shave Big Cal? Do you use attachments or the straight up razor when you do a full body shave?

My positive is I will be getting some cool things in our Aldi order this week, it arrives on Friday. Crumbled Blue Cheese, Almond Milk, Coconut Milk, Quinoa Crunch Veggie Burgers, vegetarian Chickenless Tenders. I think the refried beans I ordered have lard in them, so I will have to give those to Dad.

Do they do curbside or is it getting delivered? My mom is still using Walmart because it is the only one we know of that doesn't have an extra fee for grocery curbside pickup. Jewel was $5, I think, and they also substituted an item, but the one I was buying was on sale and they gave us one that wasn't and almost twice as expensive. I like how Walmart adjusts the price of the item if the substitution was a higher price or they get you an item of lower price, like my cookie dough substitution of the store brand when they didn't have the big name brand roll in stock.

My positive is I'm excited to acclimate my succulents to being kept outside. They love sun and since I have the time I am going to bring them out for a little each day, starting in shade. Some have different colors when in the sun, such as turning red or pink, and it will be interesting to watch how their growth changes from being outside.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
With all this staying at home I am not spend nearly what I used to, so I am ending up with a little extra money at the end of my social security month. I decided yesterday to spend some of it and did some online shopping. I bought an exact replacement of my favorite plier that has been missing since my bathroom reno; a second filter for my Dyson so I don’t have to wait to vacuum when I wash it’s filter; and a set of aluminum glasses because they make cold beverages icy cold. None were too expensive but It gave me a lift to order them and I don’t need to spend any more hours tearing the house apart looking for those darn pliers.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My new couch is here! The love seat will be here next Tuesday. The sales lady called DH yesterday to say that the love seat had come in; but they'd already loaded the truck for today on Monday and couldn't fit it. :lol: At least we won't be sitting on camping chairs for the next week right? ;) Mooch has already checked it out and approves. :catlove: She liked walking behind it.

They were early too. I tend to be a night person so I told DH to wake me half an hour before they were supposed to come. He did and they came 10 minutes later. I never even saw them and I still haven't gotten dressed. I usually need a good half hour in my bedroom before I'm mentally awake and ready to function. I'm glad DH was home or I'd have had to get up earlier in order to be presentable and all that. :lol2: He also cleaned up the other end table we had thats been in the garage for several years. I'm gald I didn't let DH sell our end tables and coffee table when the kids were little and they were in the way. We'd be wanting to buy those now too. :rolleyes2:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, succulents do change color! I have quite a few jade plants around the outside -- some have red edges, and others don't.
Our city was kind enough to mail us free library ecards! and I've been reading some great things with mine. This is a real luxury for me, and very much appreciated. Right now I'm reading THE CRIME BUFF'S GUIDE TO OUTLAW TEXAS. Interesting!
It's forecast to get up to 99F today :sweat:and it's housecleaning day! The positive part? A clean house, of course, and being able to use the AC thanks to my wonderful roomies :loveeyes:
Oh, yes, M maggiedemi , of course I know to whom you are referring! I miss seeing his posts.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Our city was kind enough to mail us free library ecards! and I've been reading some great things with mine. This is a real luxury for me, and very much appreciated. Right now I'm reading THE CRIME BUFF'S GUIDE TO OUTLAW TEXAS. Interesting!
That is wonderful. Check to see if they have online magazine check out via RB Digital. A huge library of current magazines!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So I posted on Next Door as well as Paw Boost about the cats. One person responded that he and his wife recognize Cooper and was looking to see about taking him in if they found the owner. I checked with vet and they are responsible so after I see Cooper one last time he'll have himself a home as a single cat as Cooper stirs up fights with other cats, as sweet as he can be. Ambrose's human also contacted me and said I can see Ambrose. Someone did drop Sopdet back home. They had no idea about the tipped ear or what it meant and had trapped her. Right now she and Treasure (who was for 96 hours running around looking for her) are off somewhere playing together and catching up I suppose. Tourmaline came back and his/her injury looks a bit better but still raw. These cats remind me of Klingons. Shadow snuck in for the first time in 6 weeks. So did the others. Only 2 not accounted for are CG and Shaman. I know this is about my cats but to me it's good news.

I also, for the first time in 3 months, look human again.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I posted on Next Door as well as Paw Boost about the cats. One person responded that he and his wife recognize Cooper and was looking to see about taking him in if they found the owner. I checked with vet and they are responsible so after I see Cooper one last time he'll have himself a home as a single cat as Cooper stirs up fights with other cats, as sweet as he can be. Ambrose's human also contacted me and said I can see Ambrose. Someone did drop Sopdet back home. They had no idea about the tipped ear or what it meant and had trapped her. Right now she and Treasure (who was for 96 hours running around looking for her) are off somewhere playing together and catching up I suppose. Tourmaline came back and his/her injury looks a bit better but still raw. These cats remind me of Klingons. Shadow snuck in for the first time in 6 weeks. So did the others. Only 2 not accounted for are CG and Shaman. I know this is about my cats but to me it's good news.

I also, for the first time in 3 months, look human again.
Good news about cats is the best news of all, IMHO, MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf and may Cooper's new home be a loving, comfortable, caring, permanent one! Very good that you'll have visitation rights with Ambrose, too. Very important.
And that's great! When we feel good about how we look, it's a big boost.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news about cats is the best news of all, IMHO, MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf and may Cooper's new home be a loving, comfortable, caring, permanent one! Very good that you'll have visitation rights with Ambrose, too. Very important.
And that's great! When we feel good about how we look, it's a big boost.
I can also visit Cooper but just want him to know it's ok and that he'll be in a good home. So it's not like he'll be gone forever, as I can see him. I just need to find a home for poor Shadow. She too needs to be in a single cat household as the other cats don't like her, but I think she is a senior cat and no one want a cat over a few years old it seems. Right now Treasure is off somewhere playing with Sopdet. I guess to them our 96 hours is like a couple of years to them. I'm just happy knowing that they are well and alive. I guess if they all leave Harrison will want to be adopted lol

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can also visit Cooper but just want him to know it's ok and that he'll be in a good home. So it's not like he'll be gone forever, as I can see him. I just need to find a home for poor Shadow. She too needs to be in a single cat household as the other cats don't like her, but I think she is a senior cat and no one want a cat over a few years old it seems. Right now Treasure is off somewhere playing with Sopdet. I guess to them our 96 hours is like a couple of years to them. I'm just happy knowing that they are well and alive. I guess if they all leave Harrison will want to be adopted lol
Our latest additions to the family were 9 and 14 when adopted. Many people DO want senior and mature adult cats.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you shave Big Cal? Do you use attachments or the straight up razor when you do a full body shave?
Didn't shave, used scissors. The Ulnar nerve in my right arm, (near "funny" bone) is entrapped so part of my hand is numb. I didn't want to take the chance of hurting her. I did more yesterday, even her tail. She loves having it short. All the long hair around her private areas is gone so I cleaned her very well again with warm water and baby oil. She likes being clean and smelling nice there, darling baby. Clippers do a much better job but this will do, I even did sweet tail yesterday.💖

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
90 temps are gone for a awhile, will be in the 70s today. I can be on the deck again. Had storms last night and
they frightened my girl. Only in the 60s over the weekend, yikes! Crazy unstable weather She is so much happier
with her new haircut!! She must've been so very hot and I didn't realize how hot till I began her haircut. She had
so many layers of hair, so many knots. I'm going to try and even it out. K Koveshnikov Alex told me how much Maine
Coons love to swim. Maybe I could get a small pool for her. Now I truly understand why she would have morning
walkabouts in 20 degree weather. When it hit 90 for the first time I decided to do the trim, didn't think I would do a full
cut but am so pleased I did.

So mags M maggiedemi tell me about your Oz ex!!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So mags M maggiedemi tell me about your Oz ex!!
He was really nice, but we just had different ideas about how we wanted to live. I don't want to live way out in the country anymore and there were a lot of lifestyle differences. And I don't want to leave the USA...My problem is I always go for older guys. Maybe I need to try somebody closer to my own age, who I have more in common with.

That's my positive for the day, moving on and trying to find the lesson in every disappointment. Learning about ourselves and trying to create the best life we can with the person who is right for us.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was really nice, but we just had different ideas about how we wanted to live. I don't want to live way out in the country anymore and there were a lot of lifestyle differences. And I don't want to leave the USA...My problem is I always go for older guys. Maybe I need to try somebody closer to my own age, who I have more in common with.

That's my positive for the day, moving on and trying to find the lesson in every disappointment. Learning about ourselves and trying to create the best life we can with the person who is right for us.
That's such a good way to think, M maggiedemi ! An easy life doesn't make us strong, resilient or very compassionate. It's those life lessons that can help to do that, if we handle them like you said. I admit that sometimes it's hard for me to find that lesson when the disappointment is so intense, but it's always there. We need to learn from our mistakes and our choices.
I found that to be true regarding the age thing, too. I don't have a preference for older, younger or the same, but there have often been so many differences with a person whose age is very much different from mine, that I think it's important to find someone close in age and also close in background. By "background" I'm not talking ethnicity, although that is important to me, too, because people who haven't gone through some of the things I've gone through, no matter how well-intentioned and caring they may be, can't possibly understand all of the reasons I feel as I do. But someone who has lived in the same general area and knows how that is, can have more in common, I think. I love meeting and talking with people from everywhere and most of my friends have always been immigrants. But when it comes to a life partner, if I was to be looking for one, I think I'd try to find someone close in age and background.
Another hot day! but it's still cool and we're enjoying that.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More positives! I usually avoid tech support and customer service as I don't like long wait times, canned "music" or utter confusion. So imagine when I found myself facing having to make 3 -- count 'em, 3! -- such calls in a row, just now. The vendor was good. The shipper was good. And the carrier was good! Plus, I had to brave the (often chaotic, often non-social-distancing, often-rude) supermarket today and THAT was good, too! I got a very nice checker, I got everything I needed, I got good prices, and there weren't many people in the store. It made the two women pawing through the produce bearable. :yess:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
So excited, I've been meeting a group of friends once a month for dinner at a restaurant but we stopped the past few months due to the pandemic. One of the ladies offered to host a social distance gathering at her house for approx. 10 people because she has a very large yard where we can spread out and chat. She asked people to bring their own dinner. This will be the first social event I've gone to since the lockdown and I'm thrilled to get out besides going to the grocery store. :banana1:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
So excited, I've been meeting a group of friends once a month for dinner at a restaurant but we stopped the past few months due to the pandemic. One of the ladies offered to host a social distance gathering at her house for approx. 10 people because she has a very large yard where we can spread out and chat. She asked people to bring their own dinner. This will be the first social event I've gone to since the lockdown and I'm thrilled to get out besides going to the grocery store. :banana1:
May I join you? I;ll bring Spam sammies, California Dream salad, (remember that from the 90s, soo good), and chips hee, hee

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It made the two women pawing through the produce bearable. :yess:
I hate those kind of shoppers :cringe: They poke and squeeze produce with their grubby hands. The worst ones are the ones who will open a bag of produce like grapes, pick and squeeze the produce, pull out the produce that don't meet their standards, then open up other bags of produce and take the "good" ones out and put into the other bag so they now have a whole bag of "good" produce :cringe: The "bad" produce gets left strewn over the shelf or display or shoved back into the opened bags. Pre-pandemic it was common at farmer's markets and some of the Asian markets around here.

It's Friday :yess: Zoom trivia game meeting tonight if a more than few people show up :crossfingers: Otherwise it'll just be socializing with whoever shows up. I have to show up since I'm hosting :hellocomputer:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Our latest additions to the family were 9 and 14 when adopted. Many people DO want senior and mature adult cats.
Sadly not around here. To be honest the people in my neighborhood are good if they really do feed and care for their pets let alone take in a senior cat that may require extra care. Hence the hoarding situation because that one human was trying to care for the discarded pets that others got tired of or didn't want to take care of. There's a few here but a couple up the street just let their two pit bulls run loose 24/7 and we live by an intersection. If I could I'd let all 80 of them live in my back yard but then I'd be hoarding as well. Also the people not wanting to care for pets is how I wound up with CG and Cooper in my yard. I think Ambrose as well because he didn't take long to tame like the others.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she has a very large yard where we can spread out and chat. She asked people to bring their own dinner.
That sounds cool. I'd like to see a pic of how you do that, a socially distanced picnic! :thumbsup:

The worst ones are the ones who will open a bag of produce like grapes, pick and squeeze the produce, pull out the produce that don't meet their standards, then open up other bags of produce and take the "good" ones out and put into the other bag so they now have a whole bag of "good" produce
OMG, that's nuts! :eek2:

My positive is I finally got my box of underwear from Her Room. It took over a month! Has anybody ever ordered from there before? Everything seems to be authentic and great prices, but it took forever! I didn't realize that some of the underwear I got are huge padded ones! These are gonna look funny on me! They looked different in the photo. But the online reviews say they are terrible about returns!

Status
Not open for further replies.