The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm doing French and Spanish.
I love how Spanish sounds in songs. I love Spanglish, where it's a mix of Spanish & English. So romantic.

My positive is I got the stimulus check! It's actually a debit card that I have to activate. It doesn't say how much is on it, but hopefully enough to get me some summer clothes so that I quit roasting in these sweatpants. What a blessing! Maybe things will be okay afterall.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a picture from the center of looted and burned out area of Minneapolis. Despite the danger a local food bank asked for donations of food for those who no longer had grocery stores to go to. This is what they received in a matter of hours and people were free to take what they and their neighbors needed:

142F0FC5-3005-4C57-A0B0-8A6C67D030F8.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I bought a pair of boot cut jeans and 3 t-shirts from Old Navy online with some of my stimulus money. I hope they fit! It's so hard shopping without being able to try them on. I got cotton because the rayon shirts said they can't be put in the dryer. Do you girls buy cotton or rayon summer shirts?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think all my shirts are cotton. I usually air dry my shirts so they don't shrink. Since I've lost some weight and none of my shirts are new I've been tossing them in the dryer. It sure saves time not having to hang a bunch of stuff in my kid's bathroom shower. :lol:

And that's my positive: I can run my clothes through the dryer and they are still baggy. And I can wear some older shirts that are a smaller size and they fit comfortably again. :yess: I haven't been able to be consistent with my exercising so I'm relieved to see everything basically fit like it did last fall. :crazy:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can run my clothes through the dryer and they are still baggy. And I can wear some older shirts that are a smaller size and they fit comfortably again.
Yay! That's a great feeling. :cheerleader:

Also beefsteak tomatoes from seed. Hope they turn out.
Those are my favorite! So huge and perfect size for a sandwich.🍅🥪

My positive is, I've been shopping online with my stimulus check, and picking out my own clothes again is giving me such a sense of freedom. Hopefully I'll be able to gain more independence and make more of my own choices this year. :crossfingers:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I bought a pair of boot cut jeans and 3 t-shirts from Old Navy online with some of my stimulus money. I hope they fit! It's so hard shopping without being able to try them on. I got cotton because the rayon shirts said they can't be put in the dryer. Do you girls buy cotton or rayon summer shirts?
I prefer a cotton polyester blend because they don’t shrink but have some all cotton as well. Rayon is cool but fussy to wash and maintain.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that my brother bought me a proper Parasol for the sun, so I don't get sunburned on my walks. I haven't gotten it yet. I wonder what people will think if I carry it in town? Oh well, it's better than wearing sunblock, that stuff breaks me out. ⛱

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that my brother bought me a proper Parasol for the sun, so I don't get sunburned on my walks. I haven't gotten it yet. I wonder what people will think if I carry it in town? Oh well, it's better than wearing sunblock, that stuff breaks me out. ⛱

What will it look like?? I have in my mind one of those beautiful lace trimmed ones <3 That would be so beautiful seeing someone walk with one of those!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another succulent that was in the box for three months has started growing little tufts... It's still alive!

SAM_0209.JPG

Many of my vegetable germinated sprouts have their first, second, or third set of new leaves!

And many of my succulent leaf propagations are growing roots and tiny babies. I was mentioning to someone that I was thinking about buying some new succulents every month as something special and to feel happy about, but now that I have so many leaves propagating... maybe I should wait to see how many leaves succefully propagate before getting more. The person said, you know, it can take 6 months before they get big enough to plant. You may as well buy more now! :cool: :celebrate: That's all I needed to hear, haha!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't posted since last Thursday because my car was rear ended and that's certainly not positive. However, I brought it to the body shop today and have confidence it will be repaired to my satisfaction. Fortunately I took pics, filed a police report and contacted my insurance company immediately after the person hit my car.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry about your car neely neely :ohwell: I hope they do a good job with it. My friend had 2 back to back accidents in high school (At the same intersection! Both her fault too. Her dad made her drive a different way to school after that!) She worked and paid herself to get her car fixed up. When the guy fixed it; he had to use a bumper from a newer model of her car. In the end her car looked newer than it started! :lol:

I took a good nap today. I was feeling so drained that coffee wasn't even appealing. It was definitely needed! I almost felt bad telling DH I had napped but I laid next to him while he slept last night so not completely bad. ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What will it look like?
I think this is the one he ordered for me. He didn't say what color:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081CGSR51/?tag=thecatsite

I haven't posted since last Thursday because my car was rear ended and that's certainly not positive.
Awww man, glad you got it fixed though!

Which ones bother you, mags?
All of them. The natural ones are too goopy, so they break me out by blocking pores. The chemical ones burn me and give me red bumps. I wish there was some vitamin or herb to protect from sun.

My positive is Demi was taking a nap in my bedroom with the door shut. He doesn't usually need to use the litterbox in the late afternoon. He had to go poop and he threw himself against the door to tell us. It sounded like an earthquake. What a good boy!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh. Shopping. The Marshalls store near me just reopened and I had some small things I needed that were too expensive to buy in the internet or Target. So finally after several months I have a replacement long charging cord and a resupply of chip clips. It’s been a pain not to have either of these and buying them made me happy.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't posted since last Thursday because my car was rear ended and that's certainly not positive. However, I brought it to the body shop today and have confidence it will be repaired to my satisfaction. Fortunately I took pics, filed a police report and contacted my insurance company immediately after the person hit my car.
Sorry about your car but glad you didn’t get injured! I have been side swiped twice and rear ended twice, always 100% the other drivers fault. It’s so irritating. If the other driver has insurance they should pay for a rental car while yours is repaired.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ahh. Shopping. The Marshalls store near me just reopened and I had some small things I needed that were too expensive to buy in the internet or Target. So finally after several months I have a replacement long charging cord and a resupply of chip clips. It’s been a pain not to have either of these and buying them made me happy.
That's how I will feel when I get to replace my favorite "around the house" flip flops that broke. :lol: I need ones with some arch support and I really have to try them on first. Stores are just opening up here so soon hopefully! Buying my kids sandals via amazon felt like tossing dice; but thankfully that went well!

Status
Not open for further replies.