The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I woke up at 6 a.m. and couldn't fall back to sleep so after feeding Carleton and having breakfast I went to Trader Joe's to pick up a few things. It was so nice and quiet to shop early in the morning. Then I came home, did some never-ending weeding and enjoyed sitting down on my new (free) patio set compliments of our neighbor. :thumbsup:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely What kind of patio furniture did you get? Good deal!!
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Burgers sound good!

Rained all day yesterday, Cal had a walkabout twice today Don't think it's going to rain today so I hope
to be able to sit on deck and read. Very humid. Cal is sleeping now, snoring and snorting, sweet girl.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think when checkered past "st. jane" saw God she got down on her knees and wept at the Beauty; at beholding the trilogy of God: Jesus, His Father, and the Holy Spirit. It makes me weep sometimes at His Love for us, how we were made in His image. Every night I watch the sunset and most mornings the sunrise and I am in awe at all of the Beauty. I think (my eyes are welling with tears) it is so obvious there is a Creator and He/She is even more spectacular than I with my humble heart and soul and mind can ever imagine. :redheartpump:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up at 6 a.m. and couldn't fall back to sleep so after feeding Carleton and having breakfast I went to Trader Joe's to pick up a few things. It was so nice and quiet to shop early in the morning. Then I came home, did some never-ending weeding and enjoyed sitting down on my new (free) patio set compliments of our neighbor. :thumbsup:
Morning shopping is the best! Get anything good?
Ever tried their frozen orange chicken?

lol, isn't that the truth?!

A lot of things going on, but I'm dealing with it all one step at a time and getting some good news/feedback here 'n there in the process :) :thumbsup:
Yea for lots of good things going on for you!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I think when checkered past "st. jane" saw God she got down on her knees and wept at the Beauty; at beholding the trilogy of God: Jesus, His Father, and the Holy Spirit. It makes me weep sometimes at His Love for us, how we were made in His image. Every night I watch the sunset and most mornings the sunrise and I am in awe at all of the Beauty. I think (my eyes are welling with tears) it is so obvious there is a Creator and He/She is even more spectacular than I with my humble heart and soul and mind can ever imagine. :redheartpump:
I feel that way as well but you are much more articulate.💖

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Morning shopping is the best! Get anything good? Ever tried their frozen orange chicken?
No, I'm vegetarian. :biggrin: But I'm hooked on their falafel and some of their pasta dishes. I also bought a dessert as a thank you for our neighbors who graciously gave us their old patio set.

Mia6 Mia6 I don't know what you would call the patio set, DH said he thinks the chairs are cast aluminum with an antique looking stain and they gave us extra comfy cushions to go with them. :cool:

Last edited:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We had some crazy storms go through but I slept through it all. I checked my veggie gardens after doing some cleanup and in the last 36 hours a lot of my beans and limas have gone from “maybe sprouting” to several inches tall with leaves! 🤩
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles ah, how sweet you are you just reminded me of a grade school project where we planted lima beans! My Father loved those limas, but he called them "butter beans".:)💚:silver:🌺

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's going to be 80 degrees today with high humidty, yuk. The good news is central ac!!
:yeah: Ditto, same here. I don't like when the temps get above 70 F so 80's and humidity make me nauseous. But you're so right, a/c is a blessing, also ceiling fans. I haven't turned it on yet but know I will some time today.

I used to plant my annuals by Mother's Day but May can be an iffy month here so I haven't planted them yet. Hoping to get out over the Memorial Day weekend to a garden nursery. With all the rain we've had my peonies are growing like mad and should bloom soon. I can hardly wait! 🌺

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A rather coincidental thing this morning. Last night I changed my bedding and as I lay down I realized one of my pillow cases smelled like Gain . I don’t care for it’s scent and use non scented laundry detergent for my laundry, but wash Willow’s throws in Gain because she love it’s smell. As I lay there falling asleep I started thinking that it is nice to have some scent to laundry and about Tide laundry soap, which I used to use and liked the scent of, and that maybe I should try it again some time.

This morning I woke early and thought I might as well do a Target run. I pulled into the parking just as the doors opened and immediately noticed a big red jug inside one of the the empty cart areas. Of course I had to check it out, and there was a unopened gallon size jug of original scent Tide. Must have been left in a cart some time last night and then set on the ground when the carts were rounded up. So I go to sleep thinking about Tide and find $18 worth of it the next morning.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hooked on their falafel
I should unthaw my falafel and try cooking it on the stovetop. I didn't like it in the oven or microwave. 🥘

Boo! Hi everybody!!! XOXO :heartshape:Sophie
Hi Sophie! Demi would fall in love with you. :blackcat2:+:vancat:=❤

My positive is I got Demi & Maggie appointments at the vet for June. They need their vaccinations and I also need help with a bunch of stuff since I'm not 100% well-- like giving them their worm pills, trimming their nails, and cleaning their ears. The lady was really nice and said no problem, they have gloves they can use for ferals, so I feel pretty good about this vet and they are closer! :crossfingers:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Tried out my new found Tide on a load of sheets. While I found the scent still a little too perfumey for my taste, Willow let me know that she enjoys it and that I am welcome to wash her things in it any time. I had to chase her off so I could get the sheets folded.View attachment 335967
She's adorable!! Is she a plus sized baby girl? :redheartpump: I love her coloring, nose, just all of her. You are such a good mama to buy Gain just for her.:hugs: Kaylee bought Tide Clean Breeze scent, loved the smell but it made me itch so back to regular.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I also need help with a bunch of stuff since I'm not 100% well--
Belly still acting up, mags?💖

Cal snuggled with me yesterday. Put her sweet head on my feet as I was using a
heating pad on my knee. Sat out and read for a bit in the am then later on as well..
again, love having central so I can get out of the humidity.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Belly still acting up, mags?
No, that's pretty much healed now, except for the 9 inch scar. But I've still got my possible DVT blood clot or injury in my sore right leg. And my anxiety of course, and my dental pain. The positive is that the vet is going to help me with restraining the cats and getting their worming pills into them. After she trims their nails, maybe I won't have such a hard time because I won't be afraid of them knifing me. A bonus positive is I'm going to the dentist June 2nd, so probably will get this other painful tooth pulled.

Status
Not open for further replies.