The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
No rain nor sun today but no worries, I plan on reading on deck. Rain is forecast for the next 10 days so I must take advantage of
today even though it will be in the low 60s. Cal is crashed out on chair after having catnip treats., hee, hee. Nicole, neighbor, commented on how big she was yesterday! She'll always be a big girl, that's part of being a Maine Coon but she looks more pear shaped lately, hmmmm....

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The ducks were hanging out at my house all day today. I had to postpone mowing half the lawn because they were napping in the cool shade of the house and I didn’t want to disturb them. They really love the watering bowl on the patio . Here they are fishing out corn that the squirrels have dropped into the water.
BA93499C-B4C5-4F4A-B0DB-3B1F486F1C1A.jpeg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh they are so cute susanm9006 susanm9006 !! Are they territorial like geese? I'm enjoying the birds so much this year. I've had a greater variety than ever before. Ducks sound fun! (Unless they leave bigger messes than the blackbirds that really like my bird bath this year! :cringe:)
No, very mellow. They pretty much ignore you until you get within a few feet and then they will slowly move away. Same pair show up every year in spring and early summer.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the ducks, susanm9006 susanm9006 So sweet!!
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Congrats to son on writing proj!
W WillowMarie Yes, decks are magical. I had ferals come on mine and sleep a few feet away from my girls. Nigel had a big crush on my
Vincie girl, so sweet.

Perfect day yesterday. Warm enough to sit out and didn't need heat nor ac!! Could not sit for long as flaring is still around
but I enjoyed my time there. Love my new chair. The hummers love it! Red was a good choice.I have the fushia geranium
right near the feeder and that attracts them.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our patio set has seen it's better days but we don't want to buy a brand new one due to the expense. DH has been searching on Craig's List but every time he sees one it's gone by the time he contacts the owner. It turns out our neighbor across the street was changing out their patio set for a rattan sofa and chairs so guess who got a perfectly good patio set for FREE? :jump: Normally I would bake something as a thank you but with the coronavirus situation I will pick up a special dessert at the store for them instead.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One more day of school for my kiddos!! One! They were pretty riled up this evening. Normally we celebrate the last day of school with their choice of food or activity. They want Hardees for lunch with italian ices... then pizza and wings for dinner! I told them they better talk to their dad about all that!! :oops: 🤪

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My only little positive today is that I got some pretty stones to add to my aquarium.
View attachment 335501
It's looking more complete now. Not sure what else to add.
Wow, stones are a wonderful addition. Adds some extra color.

Our patio set has seen it's better days but we don't want to buy a brand new one due to the expense. DH has been searching on Craig's List but every time he sees one it's gone by the time he contacts the owner. It turns out our neighbor across the street was changing out their patio set for a rattan sofa and chairs so guess who got a perfectly good patio set for FREE? :jump: Normally I would bake something as a thank you but with the coronavirus situation I will pick up a special dessert at the store for them instead.
How awesome! Free is so great! I remember when I had a growing red eared slider a friend found a non-leaking 55 gallon someone put out for the garbage and grabbed it for me. That was a sweet grab!

One more day of school for my kiddos!! One! They were pretty riled up this evening. Normally we celebrate the last day of school with their choice of food or activity. They want Hardees for lunch with italian ices... then pizza and wings for dinner! I told them they better talk to their dad about all that!! :oops: 🤪
Almost there, yeah!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rain again today...hmmm...I'm beginning to think it might be wise to start building an ark!Yesterday was really nice,though.I sat outside of the back deck and gave a good combing to my long coat doxie Otter,and my mini Olivia and just enjoyed the breeze.Hubby had told me that a wren had a nest inside our bbq grill (which we never use anymore) and sure enough,she does.As I was sitting there,she arrived with a mouthful of little green worms for her babies and up in the grill she scooted.Then I got a chance to listen to her talking to her brood.So dang sweet!She then flew out and proceeded to fly up into the tree and give me and the little downy male on her branch what for.Such a good mama!

Status
Not open for further replies.