The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've asked everyone to do at least three things a day beyond their usual chores/routines to improve themselves or our cozy little corner of the world, or make someone else's day a bit brighter or easier.
I love this idea! I don't know if I could do 3, but I could definitely do one positive thing per day!

My positive is about underwear again. :lol: I looked at my order receipt to see how many I bought, and it added up to exactly 9 pairs! Top and bottom. Cool coincidence that I got exact pairs. That's a pretty good bargain, 9 pairs for $100!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My Cal has spring fever. She was out for an hour on her early morning walkabout! I went to the deck and she was just sitting there taking in her surroundings. She came in, had some food and went back out for another 15 or so. Now she's back on the bed snoozing.
It stared to rain now and we have a severe wind warning so I'm glad she was able to got out. 50s now and will be in the 20s tonight, yikes!! That's ok, spring time in Ohio, ha!

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love this idea! I don't know if I could do 3, but I could definitely do one positive thing per day!
Awesome! Yay, you! :cheerleader:

We're pretty flexible about what a 'thing' can be each day. I'm a big fan of the saying, "The way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time," because sometimes a project can seem too overwhelming to tackle all at once. So it's okay if someone wants to break a task down into more manageable increments.

For example, if someone wants to reorganize their closet, they can set the timer and only work on it 15 minutes a day, or just tidy up one part of a shelf, or just reorganize the shirts, etc. That way they can feel a sense of accomplishment for what they were able to get done, instead of feeling like a failure because they weren't able to finish the whole thing in one fell swoop.

So based on my current rate, I'll probably finish my New Year's resolution to get the garage cleaned out and reorganized in another couple of years or so. But at least it will eventually get done! :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they can set the timer and only work on it 15 minutes a day, or just tidy up one part of a shelf
I like this idea. It's overwhelming with all my mom's clutter, but maybe I can do 15 minutes per day.

My positive for today is I have been gathering all my favorite things & people, and it seems to be adding up to quite a lot. Cats, friends, cousins, cappuccino, hot sauce, pasta casseroles, music, harmonica songs, glass of red wine or Guinness, warmer weather, visits from my puppy friend... I just keep adding more "reasons" as I think of them. They seem to heal me & keep me hoping for a better future. ☀

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just ordered some things from Bath & Body works for my mother and I. I'm thinking of doing one of those door drop and dash drop offs for my mother on Mother's Day. I mostly got soaps but a few lotions too. They had lilac and that is my absolute favorite scent. Followed closely by almond and they had that too. I like to use their soaps at my bathroom sink. No one else uses that sink really so it's like a treat for me to have nice smelling soap.

I also had my kids trying on last summer's clothing. Both had things that still fit. My DD has put on a LOT of height this last year but she's very slim so several things fit well. DS is super slim and technically can fit shorts from 2 summers ago. :paperbag: Since boy's shorts are always so long; they pass for length too. I just need to measure their waists to be sure what size we do need. I had been concerned that nothing would fit DD this year.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had some old bricks that I was using as a border in the corner of the yard. I wanted to move them but they had been there for so long they were encased in the ground. I could have asked DH but decided to work at it and do it myself. Today was the day I did it! :thumbsup:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I just ordered some things from Bath & Body works for my mother and I. I'm thinking of doing one of those door drop and dash drop offs for my mother on Mother's Day. I mostly got soaps but a few lotions too. They had lilac and that is my absolute favorite scent. Followed closely by almond and they had that too. I like to use their soaps at my bathroom sink. No one else uses that sink really so it's like a treat for me to have nice smelling soap.

I also had my kids trying on last summer's clothing. Both had things that still fit. My DD has put on a LOT of height this last year but she's very slim so several things fit well. DS is super slim and technically can fit shorts from 2 summers ago. :paperbag: Since boy's shorts are always so long; they pass for length too. I just need to measure their waists to be sure what size we do need. I had been concerned that nothing would fit DD this year.
I have a B&BW Lilac candle burning right now, lovely!! Drop and Dash is a good idea!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome! Yay, you! :cheerleader:

We're pretty flexible about what a 'thing' can be each day. I'm a big fan of the saying, "The way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time," because sometimes a project can seem too overwhelming to tackle all at once. So it's okay if someone wants to break a task down into more manageable increments.

For example, if someone wants to reorganize their closet, they can set the timer and only work on it 15 minutes a day, or just tidy up one part of a shelf, or just reorganize the shirts, etc. That way they can feel a sense of accomplishment for what they were able to get done, instead of feeling like a failure because they weren't able to finish the whole thing in one fell swoop.

So based on my current rate, I'll probably finish my New Year's resolution to get the garage cleaned out and reorganized in another couple of years or so. But at least it will eventually get done! :lol:
That's a really good idea!!

It's chilly this morning bu my girls is sleeping beside me making those lovely cooing sounds.💖

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just ordered some things from Bath & Body works for my mother and I.
I used to buy BBW vanilla shower gels. I don't know if they still have them. I like anything dessert scented, vanilla, or coconut.

I've had floating/sinking/floating marimo all week long :)!
What is that?

My positive for today is my cats are becoming much more friendly as they approach their 6th birthday. So if you have feral cats and are patient enough to wait 6 years, then maybe they will get cuddle-y. :thumbsup:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Happy Earth Day. It is so beautiful out, the purple iris just beginning to peep out. Planted GIANT bed of petunias, sweet williams and pansies--all in full bloom in front yard, back yard tomatoes, strawberries and squash all doing well.

And the roses!!! Plant life looking so gorgeous oblivious to hideous covid 19. Beautiful cat is curled up in a ball purring softly ready to go sleeping. Hoping this finds you all in good spirits and safe. :catlove:🥰

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love them susanm9006 susanm9006 !

The kids and I have found rocks and a few painted shells on our walks during the winter before this started. Some are marked with a hashtag for the state parks and they want you to report finding them and then re-hide them. The kids always get a kick out of finding one.

The Goldfinches have found my new sock style feeder. I always have finches at the main feeder but I'll hang a thistle feeder in the warmer months. I hadn't gotten a new one yet when DD spotted a Goldfinch the other day. I ordered one on Amazon that has a flip top lid for refilling. I hung that on Sunday. Monday the other finches had found it. Today the Goldfinches are here too. 💛

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did Zoom stretching this morning, and sure glad I made myself. It changed my mood around to more relaxed and positive. The kittens were also extra interested in me today while stretching, especially Katrina. I watch the Zoom on my phone and Katrina kept playing with the phone and exited me out of the program, knocked the phone over so I couldn't see the screen, and did something to the screen so my picture was huge and the stretching instructors picture became very small. :runaround: 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.