The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
You and me both, lol. :thumbsup: Thanks for the morning laugh.:lol:
Ha! You're welcome!! You should have seen it yesterday. I put rollers in it when it was wet.
I partially dried and let it go for awhile, then took the rollers out and styled it with Bed Head
manipulator. I had huge hair!! Not unlike the big hair of the 90s, groan. My hair is very thick
and it hasn't been cut since October. Oh, well, I have a few hats.

The snow has melted but chilly and damp. I'll do some light chores around the house
and read Dewey the library cat. Need to catch up on sleep. and I know Cal will snuggle
with me.💖

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is that I got 2 huge cartons of Unsweetened Original Almond Milk from Aldi. I can't wait to try them with my cappuccino! This is the refrigerated kind. Is this the same as the shelf stable kind?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This is the refrigerated kind. Is this the same as the shelf stable kind?
According to a search, this is what it said:
REFRIGERATED almond milk is perishable and will spoil if not refrigerated. UNOPENED SHELF STABLE almond milk can be stored in your pantry unrefrigerated up until the “Best Before” date printed on top of the carton. Once opened, SHELF STABLE almond milk must be refrigerated or it will spoil.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
REFRIGERATED almond milk is perishable and will spoil if not refrigerated.
Yeah, I have it in the fridge. I was just wondering if the taste will be any different? I wish I had them both here together to compare.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been feeding the birds and squirrels since I've been working from home. I put out a bunch of food earlier and just happened to look out the back door a few minutes ago. A small black bird (not a baby) was sitting on the fence. Another bird hopped up next to it and put a seed in his/her beak. Sharing is caring. :heartshape:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The refrigerated one does not keep as long as the shelf stable one. It is really a bit too Lao for one person. A quart is a better size
Uh oh, I have 2 huge ones! They say June on them for the expiration date, but does that mean unopened? How long can I keep it after opening?

Another bird hopped up next to it and put a seed in his/her beak. Sharing is caring.
That's the sweetest thing I've heard all day. 👍

My positive is that I'll finish up my mocha mint cappuccino tonight and tomorrow I can open one of my new flavors! Either English Toffee or Hazelnut. I'll have that in warmed up almond milk. ☕

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been feeding the birds and squirrels since I've been working from home. I put out a bunch of food earlier and just happened to look out the back door a few minutes ago. A small black bird (not a baby) was sitting on the fence. Another bird hopped up next to it and put a seed in his/her beak. Sharing is caring. :heartshape:
We just read in my kid's science text that that is a sign of courtship for some birds!

I got most of my front garden weeded now. DH is getting ready to power wash the patio and sidewalks.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone has been painting rocks, adding encouraging words or funny faces and scattering them across our neighborhood. A woman on next door found two on her sidewalk (pics below) and I found a couple more while I was out on my walk today. They were set carefully at the edge of the sidewalk so no one stumbles on them and were a couple blocks apart. Unfortunately I didn’t have my phone with so no pics of those I found. I think I am going to paint some cats and set them out.

E6594206-22DA-41F2-AF8C-823CBD604B72.jpeg

4F8C167F-87DD-4314-8BC7-14823CE065E7.jpeg

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Someone has been painting rocks, adding encouraging words or funny faces and scattering them across our neighborhood.
Funny you should mention it, I've seen painted rocks here too - maybe we live in the same neighborhood. 😄

Gorgeous day here, we went for a long walk and took a different route which turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Afterwards we uncovered the patio furniture and I did a little yardwork.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I ordered $100 worth of more underwear or smalls as Mia6 Mia6 calls them. Now that I know my size, I took a chance and figured that would always be my size. I need tons of underwear because my mother won't let me use the washing machine and she will only wash them every 2 weeks. :rolleyes3: But the positive is that I will have plenty now! Hope they fit just as perfectly as the others! :thumbsup:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if those rocks are part of The Kindness Rocks project? The Kindness Rocks Project™ I've seen painted rocks and rocks with messages in random spots along the river sometimes. Some people make a game out of it and try to find where the rocks are hidden and then post the location on the web site's map.
Never heard of it but could be!

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got my paws on some bleach!!! :biggrin:

Oh, and our family is finally getting into the spirit of our daily "3 Things" challenge. I've asked everyone to do at least three things a day beyond their usual chores/routines to improve themselves or our cozy little corner of the world, or make someone else's day a bit brighter or easier. The three things don't have to be major projects, although that's always very much appreciated! They can be as simple as just learning a new word, or finding a new use for something that would usually get thrown away. It's a small thing, but it's amazing how it can help to keep spirits up when you focus more on what you can do these days, instead of what you can't. :wink:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and our family is finally getting into the spirit of our daily "3 Things" challenge. I've asked everyone to do at least three things a day beyond their usual chores/routines to improve themselves or our cozy little corner of the world, or make someone else's day a bit brighter or easier. The three things don't have to be major projects, although that's always very much appreciated! They can be as simple as just learning a new word, or finding a new use for something that would usually get thrown away. It's a small thing, but it's amazing how it can help to keep spirits up when you focus more on what you can do these days, instead of what you can't. :wink:
Love this!

Status
Not open for further replies.