The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie Those straight line winds can be just as damaging as some tornadoes, yeah?

My jigsaw puzzle has shipped! The email said it shipped from Fairfield, Ohio by FEDex so I should be
getting it soon. I never thought I'd be this excited about a jigsaw puzzle, ha! I was finally able to focus
on reading a book yesterday and I am so relieved about that. It has been a month or so since I've been
able to read anything other than articles. :yess:
Absolutely, they can be just as strong.

What book did you start reading?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice that your church did that. Were those deviled eggs they sent
They are plastic filled eggs. I peeked and some have candy and some have little stampers and things like that.
image.jpg

We had another nice thunderstorm roll through before I was up this morning. It’s sunny again now and we are expecting it to reach the 70s again today.:hyper:

I am trying to teach DS to ride his bike. So I spent some time doing that yesterday afternoon. I think for now we need to step back to just gliding across the patio by pushing his feet. He really needs a larger bike soon but we’ve got to get him riding and working those larger muscle skills. He’d rather be digging in his sandbox. Its hard to demonstrate it when even DDs bike is too small for me.:lol2:

The publisher of our Reading and Spelling curriculums is giving away an ipad this month. I would really love to win that!!:please:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE my iPad! I’m on my second one. There are some little tricks, but they’re terrific and easy to use without knowing those. Be sure to check out the Tips! :)
M maggiedemi , My IPad is pretty much next to me the entire day. It controls my lights, my garage door opener and my security system in addition to entertaining and informing me all day. Could not get by without it. You just need to play with it to learn how to move about, open and close things etc.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had a long phone conversation with my sister today. She lives out of state and although we text regularly it's nice to be able to spend time talking on the phone. We caught up on life with our kids, politics which fortunately we both agree on, exercise routines, grocery shopping and social distancing.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You just need to play with it to learn how to move about, open and close things etc.
How do you take a selfie? I've been trying all day, but I just can't figure it out. The camera is on the back and you look through the front, so how do you get the pic of yourself? I don't know how you guys do it.

My positive is that I have you guys to help me figure this ipad out. :thumbsup:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
How do you take a selfie? I've been trying all day, but I just can't figure it out.
I don't have an iPad so sorry can't help but if you go on Apple's website they are very informative and will give you step-by-step directions.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a lamb cake and Easter candy today.
0409201807.jpg

My husband is not huge on sweets, so the quarantine 15 may end up being true for me, lol! But it's not Easter without a lamb cake and I didn't have the mould to make one myself.

I have am Android, but on my phone camera there's a little button that looks like this that will switch it to srlfie view. Maybe your ipad has something similar?
Capture+_2020-04-09-18-10-57.png

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have an iPad so sorry can't help but if you go on Apple's website they are very informative and will give you step-by-step directions.
With the camera app open click on the camera icon right above the home button - it looks very similar to the one above. The camera icon toggles between front and back views. When you see yourself you know you are in selfie view. Click the home button to take the picture.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
How do you take a selfie? I've been trying all day, but I just can't figure it out. The camera is on the back and you look through the front, so how do you get the pic of yourself? I don't know how you guys do it.

My positive is that I have you guys to help me figure this ipad out. :thumbsup:
I took a screenshot of the camera app and added a blue arrow that’s pointed at the icon to flip the camera.
0072AC84-070F-4865-A341-24D059D4E8A7.jpeg
Also, when your iPad is locked, push the home button (at the bottom center) to light the screen. Then swipe from right to left. It should open the camera app immediately without your having to enter your password and find the camera app. It’s really handy for taking quick photos of cats who are doing something incredibly cute at that moment but won’t be doing it after you unlock your iPad and find the camera app. :)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 329381

My husband is not huge on sweets, so the quarantine 15 may end up being true for me, lol! But it's not Easter without a lamb cake and I didn't have the mould to make one myself.

I have am Android, but on my phone camera there's a little button that looks like this that will switch it to srlfie view. Maybe your ipad has something similar?
View attachment 329382

Love the lamb cake!! I hope I can find one. My ex-sister-in-law used to make a huge one every Easter. I would always
snag pieces of coconut when no one was looking, so good.

Woke up to a bit of snow and it's still coming down but lightly. I read the Stimulus payments will begin next week but Caylee
told me someone she knows already got hers. Mine will be deposited onto my SSD account. I use a debit card to withdraw
cash. I am so grateful for this as I had to spend so much extra money on things I normally don't buy.

So no warm days ahead for us but no worries, I'll have my jigsaw soon!:yess:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the lamb cake!! I hope I can find one. My ex-sister-in-law used to make a huge one every Easter. I would always
snag pieces of coconut when no one was looking, so good.
My mom usually makes one. I made one with her mould last year when we spent Easter with my in-laws because they don't do a lamb cake (they'd never heard of one), but this year I figured store bought is good!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Grandma always had a lamb made of butter for Easter. I haven't seen one of those in years. They might not have them here where I live I guess.

My kids and I are going to dye some plastic eggs today. I have dye for hard boiled eggs; but I'd rather not use up a dozen eggs on just that right now. So I'm glad I had these on hand. I'd bought them last year thinking we would paint or draw on them.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so cute. I never heard of lamb cake, but the frosting looks good.

I took a screenshot of the camera app and added a blue arrow that’s pointed at the icon to flip the camera.
Thank you! It worked.

we crossed paths we a fowl feathered friend.
Oh he's so cute.

My positive is I took my first selfie and I looked way too skinny. I'm not bragging either, I look terrible at 120 pounds! The positive is that I caught it in time and I can try to put on 10 pounds before my doctor appointment on May 20th. I don't want to get a lecture from my doctor or possibly re-admitted to the hospital. So it's a blessing in disguise.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 329381

View attachment 329382
Lari, so glad to see you have a lamb cake!! It is part of a Polish Easter tradition; along with blessed eggs, kielbasa, bread, horseradish, babka, sernik--Polish cheesecake, not as sweet as the ones we know, etc..

Many years ago, the local Priest would come to homes to bless their Easter baskets. More recently they had you take the baskets to the church on Holy Saturday.

I remember my Aunt, who lived in a Polish neighborhood, who would share her blessed basket with us.
Things are so different now..

I miss the old ways, during the holidays.

I have a couple of small pieces of generic kielbasa in the freezer. I think I will pull at least one piece out and have it for Easter dinner--not the same, but it is still a reminder of old times.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I snagged an elusive pack of toilet paper from the supermarket today :woohoo: There were just a few packs available. Maybe a sign that the hoarders have stopped buying up all the toilet paper and things are slowly returning to normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.