The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Check it out Susan. They have beautiful puzzles. I have a thing for lighthouses and they had one I really liked.
I like a lot of of color in mine as well.
Some of my most favorite puzzles are Aimee Stewart puzzles for Buffalo games. They are sold at Target and Walmart, under $10 and her colors and pictures are so beautiful.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What was the kitty name on the collar? Just curious... 🙂
Peaches...which makes me think girl, but it was an orange tabby which are more often boys.

I have a puzzle saver box which keeps the pieces away from kitties when I'm not not working on them, but Lelia likes chewing cardboard and has damaged the box! What a brat - she's lucky I love her.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to be chilly today but no worries. There's a lot of laundry for Caylee and I to do.
Still not warm enough for walk but pain levels are too high for one anyway so I'm not
really missing out. Cal is making the sweetest sounds as she is sleeping beside me,
such an angel.💖

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my tulips is blooming! It's a yellow one with many petals and the edges are ruffled. I'll have to get a picture later today. I have lots of tulip leaves up; but no buds on any other ones.

My DD did most of the work cleaning out my shade garden this weekend. The hosta are all coming up as well as my bleeding hearts and phlox. She really did a good job! We got the gardens cleaned out (mulch and newspapering them last year really helped!) and planted the peas. It's still a little too cold for anything else; but we'll be ready. I also discovered that 3 of 4 hydrangeas I planted last year survived. I wasn't sure if they would because of the heat from last year; even with lots of watering. We'll see how it goes! :banana1:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Going to be warm today but with thunderstorms, some could be severe, groan. I found a recipe for chocolate chocolate
chip cookies so Caylee will make those later on during the week, There was another one for Double Chocolate Chip cookies.
The second one is a bit more work as the balls of dough have to be in the frig for an hour. She uses melted butter in her recipe
and they sound so good. I may watch a series or a movie. Something light.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here’s my first tulip of the year!
I thought tulips were pink. :headscratch:

Going to be warm today but with thunderstorms
It looks pretty clear here, gonna try taking my walk again. :crossfingers:

Omg Lelia just came and sat on my lap!!!!!
Yay! :cheerleader:

Guess I can't get up to pee.
Hee hee. :lol:

My positive is I found some fun stuff in the upstairs freezer like honey granola and pistachios. Everything is expired in there of course, but maybe it will be okay since it's frozen. I guess I'll find out! :thumbsup:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tulips come in pretty much every color under the sun I think. I have pinks, white, deep burgundy, oranges, yellow. They don't all bloom at once for me. But I love them! I wish they lasted longer!

Yesterday's weather was so nice we did all of our school work outside. It was a little distracting to DS when the neighbor's dogs were running around in their yard (He really needs a furry playmate!) but we all enjoyed it. We have had some rain now so I don't think the chairs and table will be dry enough for us to sit out today. But the weather is very springy and fresh. Maybe we will take a drive.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a wonderful bike ride this morning, with the sun rising higher and an enchanting, foggy landscape. Been working on biking around 6:30 am everyday to start my day. So great to get the fresh air and very few people are out at that time.
IMG_20200407_065148.jpg
IMG_20200407_065159.jpg

Also, a very warm day that reached mid 70's! The cats enjoyed the open windows all day. In the living room, three windows are right next to each other, and they all were looking out their own window right after they were opened. <3 Sometimes there are squirrels in our yard or the neighbors yard running on the ground and in the trees. Sometimes birds. And, of course, people in the park. The cats have lots of fun things to watch out the window.

20200407_083726.jpg

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
We had a bad storm last night, tornado siren went off at 11:30pm so I came downstairs and made a cup of tea.
It went on and on. Cal ran and hid. The hail was so loud and the thunder as well. When it was over, I saw my
deck chairs had been turned over and the trash receptacle had moved.

So no tornado! :yess::thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been working on biking around 6:30 am everyday to start my day.
I should get a bike. Is it a good workout? Seems like it would be good for the legs.

So no tornado!
That wind feels like the tornado from the Wizard of Oz! Almost blew me off my feet.

My positive for today is this Maggie belly pic: ;)
Maggie10.JPG

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a bad storm last night, tornado siren went off at 11:30pm so I came downstairs and made a cup of tea.
It went on and on. Cal ran and hid. The hail was so loud and the thunder as well. When it was over, I saw my
deck chairs had been turned over and the trash receptacle had moved.

So no tornado! :yess::thumbsup:
How scary! Glad no tornado.

On family vacation a few years ago in Massachutes, there may have been a downburst, which is tornado strong winds, but in one direction instead of circling like a tornado. All the heavy deck chairs where pushed from on end to the other. Some fences in neighboring yards were pushed over. Balls and some other yard toys had blown in the rentals yard. It was terrifying!

There was an enclosed deck on the first floor, where the door to the house did not lock. I had left the windows over on the enclosed deck, so the door was flung opena dn items knocked off the kitchen counter from the wind burst. Man, my heart was racing!

I should get a bike. Is it a good workout? Seems like it would be good for the legs.

That wind feels like the tornado from the Wizard of Oz! Almost blew me off my feet.

My positive for today is this Maggie belly pic: ;)View attachment 329198
I think so! My bike is regular, with no gears, but I think gears can make riding feel "easier." Going up an incline or hill will help work muscles more. I'm not as fit as I'd like to be, so my legs get some sort of workout from pumping the while ride on pretty flat trails for about 10-20 min. Hoping to increase my time. I'd recommend it! I love feeling the wind rush over you when riding.

Love tummy pictures! My Isabelle has been laying like this more since she has a large comfy couch she naps on throughout the day.

Does your kitty accept tummy pets and rubs?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We also had thunderstorms roll through last night. I only had one strong storm statement. I had fallen asleep on the couch with Mooch in my lap and woke us both up jumping from a clap of thunder. My yard looks fine today; but we got some nice rain. DH is going to have to cut the grass again this weekend.

Today's weather is GORGEOUS! It's supposed to get close to 80. I'm thinking of taking our school work outside again in a little bit. We also got a surprise package for Easter from our church. They sent out what looks to be like 2 dozen stuffed eggs and packets with a fun scavenger hunt for them to do. My kids thought that was REALLY exciting. :lol:

They both spent time this morning making lego cars that are powered by balloons with a straw in them. You use the straw to blow up the balloon and then let it go to power the cars. It was fun and they didn't even know they were learning. ;)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Seems as though a lot of us had storms Tuesday night.

neely neely Nice that you were able to get another walk.
M maggiedemi Awww... Maggie is adorable!!
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Nice that your church did that. Were those deviled eggs they sent?
W WillowMarie Those straight line winds can be just as damaging as some tornadoes, yeah?

My jigsaw puzzle has shipped! The email said it shipped from Fairfield, Ohio by FEDex so I should be
getting it soon. I never thought I'd be this excited about a jigsaw puzzle, ha! I was finally able to focus
on reading a book yesterday and I am so relieved about that. It has been a month or so since I've been
able to read anything other than articles. :yess:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does your kitty accept tummy pets and rubs?
Oh heck no! She's still pretty feral, she would take my hand off if I tried to pet her belly. I can sneak in a little tickle, but I have to extract my hand really fast!

Awww... Maggie is adorable!!
Thank you. Her nickname is Beautiful, she even answers to it.

My positive for today is I finally got the ipad out and have been practicing with it. I took a hand selfie that I posted in another thread. I'll keep practicing and see if I can get some good pics of Demi & Maggie. Dad took all the other photos I have posted with a regular camera. This is the first time I have used an ipad.

Status
Not open for further replies.