The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully I'll get out for a walk as it's going to be in the 60s. I am very appreciative of my helper but I'm glad she;s
not coming for a few days.The constant hand-washing, disinfecting, etc won't be needed. I disinfect after she leaves
every day, disinfect the groceries, everything she or anyone may have touched. I bought 100 pairs of gloves from Amazon.
I'm going to do deep moisturizing of my hands several times over the weekend. I think I'll binge watch a series or steam
a movie from Amazon Prime.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Swerved a Kangaroo
Awww, I wanna see a kangaroo in person. Not the hitting a tree part though, glad you're okay. 🦘

My positive is we finally got toilet paper! Aldi let us have 3 packs of 12 rolls. A young girl from my mom's church brought the order. It was like something out of a science fiction movie! She was all suited up in mask and gloves, and she transferred the groceries from her trunk to our trunk in the garage. Dad tried to run out and give her $10, but I was like "No! I don't think you're supposed to hand her anything, you will contaminate the entire operation!"

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We’ve been watching the Shaun the Sheep series on Netflix. Funny, silly, and creative, and who doesn’t need that now?! It’s from the inventive mind of Nick Park, creator of Wallace and Gromit (The Wrong Trousers, A Close Shave, A Grand Day Out, and more). Each episode is only about 13 minutes long with two short stories each and a few-second goofy interlude in between the stories. Pure enjoyment!

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We’ve been watching the Shaun the Sheep series on Netflix. Funny, silly, and creative, and who doesn’t need that now?! It’s from the inventive mind of Nick Park, creator of Wallace and Gromit (The Wrong Trousers, A Close Shave, A Grand Day Out, and more). Each episode is only about 13 minutes long with two short stories each and a few-second goofy interlude in between the stories. Pure enjoyment!
It used to on TV here to and I found it very clever and enjoyed it too..not just a kids show.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I met a new cat today! My husband and I were out taking a walk while the landlady was doing a virtual tour of our apartment and this cat was sitting on a windowsill and came straight to us meowing and let me pet him. He had a collar with his name that said he knew his way home, and while I'd worry about having an outdoor cat in a place with traffic, it was still nice to meet him. Or her. I couldn't tell from the name.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted a couple boxes full of jigsaw puzzles in Facebook marketplace today as free. One young girl responded that she had been looking for someone to trade puzzles with, hadn’t found anyone and couldn’t afford just to buy one. I ended up giving her a box of six plus a couple of additional ones that I knew I would never get around to putting together. To keep distance I left them on my porch for her but I watched out the window as she picked them up. It was obvious that she was just delighted and seeing her happiness just made by day.

The second box of puzzles is being picked up by another woman tomorrow morning.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I posted a couple boxes full of jigsaw puzzles in Facebook marketplace today as free. One young girl responded that she had been looking for someone to trade puzzles with, hadn’t found anyone and couldn’t afford just to buy one. I ended up giving her a box of six plus a couple of additional ones that I knew I would never get around to putting together. To keep distance I left them on my porch for her but I watched out the window as she picked them up. It was obvious that she was just delighted and seeing her happiness just made by day.

Awww... that was kind of you, Susan. I have one, a 1,000 piece. A few years ago. mani mani posted one she put together of cats. It was beautiful so I bought one from the same company. They were out of the one mani had so I got a very colorful one. The background of my banner is part of the puzzle. I have no surface large enough so I think I'll choose a smaller one from Amazon.

It was nice here yesterday, windows open. I've been trying to remove the knots from Cal but it's slow-going. I've been separating the hair where it is matted, then gently combing her. I've found that if I separate first, leave her be for a bit then comb her, it works out better. One day last week she scratched me twice and bit me on the wrist, ha!!I went to the sink and poured straight peroxide on the bite and scratches.

Hopefully the sun will be out today.I need I to be just a bit warmer to go for a walk.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

Snap susanm9006 susanm9006 :lol: .. I posted one as free and two people immediately reponded, one wanting it to keep her teenage daughters 'off their devices' and one looking for something to keep her elderly mum occupied. I found another one for the mum and they sent me a picture of her, with a lovely big grin, getting all the pieces laid out.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
PUZZLE- I bought it from Spilsbury, better prices than Amazon and what a selection!

View attachment 328894
That is a beautiful one! I need to have bright colors in a puzzle. I find so many are just dark and dreary. I will look up Spilsbury. Mostly I shop thrift stores year round and pick up good ones there but sometimes I find an irresistible new one.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My husband and I used to love to do jigsaw puzzles, but pieces would go missing or have puncture wounds, or the completed border would suddenly be askew. Very mysterious. So now we each have a jigsaw puzzle app on our iPads. Not quite the same shared experience but still fun,

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daylight saving has finished...yay!!! Cant stand it..I think it messes with your body clock.
I agree! Time to end daylight savings time. Leave our clocks be. 👍

Not too exciting but I got a ton of chores done around the house today.
That's exciting to me! I love cleanliness. :thumbsup:

him. Or her. I couldn't tell from the name.
What was the kitty name on the collar? Just curious... 🙂

My positive is that I can officially declare winter over in NY! I was able to take my 2 hour walk outside yesterday for the first time since the last day of October. After 5 months of cold, now we can have 7 months of warm weather. Glass half full. ;)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
That is a beautiful one! I need to have bright colors in a puzzle. I find so many are just dark and dreary. I will look up Spilsbury. Mostly I shop thrift stores year round and pick up good ones there but sometimes I find an irresistible new one.
Check it out Susan. They have beautiful puzzles. I have a thing for lighthouses and they had one I really liked.
I like a lot of of color in mine as well.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I used to love to do jigsaw puzzles, but pieces would go missing or have puncture wounds, or the completed border would suddenly be askew. Very mysterious. So now we each have a jigsaw puzzle app on our iPads. Not quite the same shared experience but still fun,
Yes. With my prior cat there is no way I could have spread a puzzle out or had loose pieces. Miss Murphy would take them or chew on them in a split second, or just slide through the puzzle itself. Every once In a while I get a used puzzle with a few chewed pieces and it always makes me smile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.