The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I slept for a full night last night! (Which for me is about 6 hours during the week) This is shocking because of Puar's need for attention. I even got him to settle down for bed early. I slept from about 11:40pm until he couldn't stand it anymore and woke me up at 5:40, 20 minutes before my alarm. I'll call that a win. He also let me pet him for a while longer than usual a few times last night and this morning. Hoping we had a breakthrough~

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Supposed to be sunny today and payday tomorrow!! Wish I could concentrate on a book but right
now it's difficult so I've been reading articles (non COVID19) about things that interest me. I get
daily emails from Mysterious History and History.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Wish I could concentrate on a book but right
now it's difficult so I've been reading articles (non COVID19) about things that interest me.
I thought this might bring a little ray of sunshine into your home to help you concentrate. I was watching the Today Show this morning and Dolly Parton sang this song called Light of a Clear Blue Morning. :hugs:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought this might bring a little ray of sunshine into your home to help you concentrate. I was watching the Today Show this morning and Dolly Parton sang this song called Light of a Clear Blue Morning. :hugs:
Thank you!! A dose of Dolly is always good!!πŸ’–

cheeser cheeser How lovely that someone wrote messages in chalk!
Furballsmom Furballsmom Can't wait for my first hummer!
Lari Lari Mom and baby girl are ok? Great news!

Supposed to be total sun all day and in the low 50s so I may take that walk yet.
Tomorrow will be in the 60s. It's been quiet but the screamers are back who live
across the street, groan, but they didn't stay out too long. It was nice to hear the
kids skateboarding. My street has a huge hill they love to use for skating.

Cal is beside me snoring and cooing so sweetly.πŸ’–

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that my neighbor's little Pomeranian puppy made a break for it and tried to come visit me again. You can't keep true love apart! :lol: But he only made it to the end of my driveway before his owner came by in his truck and scooped him up. I wonder if social distancing involves not touching neighbor's pets? Maybe it's best that he didn't make it to me.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Received an e-mail this morning from a staff member from my college. Each student is being assigned to a staff member/teacher, so that person can check-in and be a source of support for that student. I'm really glad they are doing this. I've been okay, although it will help me, but there are other students that are really struggling who would really benefit from extra support. My person is holding a 1.5 hour slot each week if I wanted to zoom chat with them (wednesday), and if I don't e-mail or check-in during the zoom chat, she will be calling me on Friday to check-in and make sure I'm okay. :heartshape:

Tobermory

β€œWhat greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I wonder if social distancing involves not touching neighbor's pets?
If people can get COVID-19 by touching contaminated surfaces or objects and then touching their eyes, nose or mouth, it seems possible that someone could pick it up from an animal’s fur after an infected person has petted the animal. I’ve stopped petting people’s dogs on my walks to be safe (although it’s hard when they’re wagging their tails at me!) just in case. And also it puts me closer to the dog walker than six feet so that’s another reason not to do it.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Swerved a Kangaroo and hit a tree last night..went to panel beater shop first thing this morning (friend of mine) and got an amazing cheap price for repair.
He had a car same as mine out the back for wrecking..its even the same color.
Unbolt and swap a few things over..small splash of paint and all fixed for $1400.
Can be lucky sometimes..lol
But it was an expensive bottle of milk though...should have waited until the morning..lol

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Swerved a Kangaroo and hit a tree last night..went to panel beater shop first thing this morning (friend of mine) and got an amazing cheap price for repair.
He had a car same as mine out the back for wrecking..its even the same color.
Unbolt and swap a few things over..small splash of paint and all fixed for $1400.
Can be lucky sometimes..lol
But it was an expensive bottle of milk though...should have waited until the morning..lol
What part of Australia do you live in? Unfortunately the kangaroos are so big and not too smart.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I’ve stopped petting people’s dogs on my walks to be safe (although it’s hard when they’re wagging their tails at me!) just in case. And also it puts me closer to the dog walker than six feet so that’s another reason not to do it.
You have more self-control than me, I can't resist some of the dogs on our daily walks. One of the owners made a point of telling us she uses a 6 ft. leash for social distancing. ;)

My positive is taking our walk by a lovely lake today. Although the park was closed there were people sitting separately on benches and children riding their bikes. Everyone was respectful of their personal space and eager to get outdoors. 🌸

Status
Not open for further replies.