The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The winds have subsided!!! Yesterday we had winds with gusts up to 60 mph that didn't stop till
this morning. It is still windy but not like yesterday. The windows in my bedroom rattle so badly.
Insead of having a professional install the new windows after the fire, my landlord did it himself.
When the winds are strong I can see the curtain move, ha!!
We had really strong winds yesterday, too. I was sitting downstairs and heard a large thump.... Looked out the window and didn't see anything and was expected a tree or large branch to have fallen over. Went upstairs and saw a group of 4 folded metal chairs that had been leaned up against the side of our enclosed deck had fallen away from the wall! That must have been a very strong wind!

My windows at my rental are similar and the breeze can be felt when standing in front of the window on windy days. I have blinds, so they don't move, but that's crazy your curtain moves, haha. Glad we both survived the strong winds yesterda!y

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We closed on our house!!!! We're homeowners!!!

Now to start slowly moving our stuff in. We've got two more months of our lease so we can take our time.

Also, I was able to snag a couple rolls of toilet paper at 7/11 omg what has happened to the world that being able to buy tp is a positive.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats, that's fantastic news! :bouquet: Just think how much your life has changed in the past year.🤗 Is the new house near your present home?
No, it's maybe about 30-45 minutes away, but much closer to my husband's job. I'll miss the town we're living in - a lot of good things have happened here, but it's pricey, and the new town is cute as well. I'm happy about it, but omg was today exhausting!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I had Caylee buy a coloring book and wide markers yesterday. It's a child's coloring book, ha!!
Frozen. I tried to get into adult coloring about 10 years ago but it didn't work out.I bought very
fine pens and the coloring books were made for people who have good dexterity which I don't
have because of the entrapped ulnar nerve in my right elbow. So we'll see how this goes.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My DS's birthday is coming up so I've been trying to figure out how/when to shop for some presents for him. The thing he wants most; they don't make anymore (a robotic cat :lol:).So I went down his list farther. He asked for an expansion set for another toy he has. They don't make those anymore either! BUT Kohls had them! For a decent price! And their shipping isn't backed up like Amazons. So :banana1:. They shipped this morning. I know in the grand scheme of things; toys aren't that important. But it's hard for a kid to understand whats going on. He's just dreaming about his birthday like a kid should. I put away a cake mix and frosting already too.

He also asked for bananas. Something I buy weekly. :dunno: So should I get a bunch and wrap them? :lol:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cherry blossom trees this morning on the path to my office...Sometimes it's hard to believe I live in one of the most densely populated cities in the world.
View attachment 328394 View attachment 328395
Stunning! Never seen them in person, but they look beautiful and makes me think of animes where the cherry blossom leaves all fall at once.

Now to start slowly moving our stuff in. We've got two more months of our lease so we can take our time.

Also, I was able to snag a couple rolls of toilet paper at 7/11 omg what has happened to the world that being able to buy tp is a positive.
Congrats!!! Soooo exciting! That's great you have time to take your time moving in. :)
We got EVERYTHING done for school today AND I worked out. :goldstar:
Go you! What type of workout and assignments did you do?

Turkeys were everywhere on my walk today. That’s positive, right? Except I’d really rather they not perch on rooftops and stare down at me. They’re very...dinosaur-ish. :lol:
View attachment 328467
View attachment 328466
How neat! I'd never seen a wild turkey until I went to North Carolina for school, and it felt weird knowing it was normal wildlife to see.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Are you talking about the ones with the cats? My hairdresser suggested that I get one since I like cats but I told her I do not have the patience to color them.

I used to love to color when I was a kid.
No. this one has the characters from the Disney movie, Frozen.I don't like
the markers as they are not smooth. I should pick some put myself.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise

CONGRATS, LARI!!!:woo::jive::jump::dance::yess::thumbsup::clap:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Rainy and chilly here, but sun and 50s forecasted for tomorrow. I hope to get out for a walk.
Cal was out 3 times earlier, in and out, now asleep beside me on her blankets. She seems
to be more comfortable being out when it's dark, sitting on the deck surveying her yard. No
one has moved into the other side of the duplex yet. They had 4 cats who would sit and look
out the slider and Cal misses them but she's turned into quite the mama's girl.💖

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Go you! What type of workout and assignments did you do?
We have an elliptical and bowflex. I only got the elliptical in the other day. I aim for 2/3 sessions with the bowflex a week but 5 on the elliptical.

We homeschool so its business as usual for us for the most part.We’ve been busy though so science and history and health get put to the side when math and language arts need more attention. So now we are pushing to finish everything in the next 8 weeks. 🤪 Some things will be done sooner though.
Why not make a birthday card for him with a pic of bananas on the outside and say I love you a whole bunch. 🍌
:lol: I should! Or get some fake ones or something. I did see a stuffed banana from Mario Kart online. He loves Mario Kart so that might work. ;) I’d make a banana cake but he asked for vanilla with vanilla icing.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took the kitties on the enclosed deck today. Since the entry to the deck is from the second floor, I carried everyone up, one by one. Isabelle seemed very happy to be out! But she was still growling and whacking kittens if she felt they were too close! Katrina was her bold self and explored. Persia was more nervous. She looked like she was shaking for a few minutes, but enjoyed exploring and settled on the safe area underneath one of the couches. Carried everyone back downstairs after about a half hour. Persia wanted to stay under the chair, so I grabbed the laser pointer and encouraged her to come out from under the chair. Took 5-10 min., but she did! I grabbed her, and carried her downstairs. Think I will try to make this a habit! It has been too cold to leave the windows open, and it is great letting the kitties and I get some fresh air! Very relaxing and the sun was out for a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.