The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Had to go out and about, and the truly serious prepper in the house is feeling more comfortable about things, which is a very good thing :) we handle things a lot like C catapault :thumbsup:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I was feeling stressed this evening and so went out for walk and came across a touching and unusual family drama. A couple blocks over is an elderly couple that I got to know fairly well when I used to walk daily and I know the gentleman has been in poor health for a few years. Today as was nearing their home I saw a car parked out front, a second car zoomed by me and also parked and then a third. The new arrivals got out of their cars and were standing there hugging one another. Had to be the children of the couple I thought, and one or the other of the couple has just died. And this is where the story turns positive.

A woman suddenly rushed out of the house yelling to the others “he isn’t dead”, “the hospital made a mistake!” “I just talked to him, he isn’t dead”. Then everyone was hugging and crying. Somehow this hospital mixed up two patients and misidentified the deceased. A very sad thing for the other family but I was so happy for this one.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't posted in a few days so thought I would catch up. I did manage to get all the hardwood floors washed but not my decluttering task. Hopefully that will happen over the weekend since they're predicting a severe threat of storms tomorrow. DH and I have been taking hour long walks every day in between raindrops. I've seen so many people/families/dogs out, all keeping their social distance and enjoying the fresh air. 🌞

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mother “came over” and had a social distancing lunch with my kids through our front door. She sat on a chair on the front walk and the kids sat on the floor inside picnic style. The door is glass on the bottom half so they were able to talk just fine while staying apart. Not getting hugs was weird but we all enjoyed it very much!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother “came over” and had a social distancing lunch with my kids through our front door. She sat on a chair on the front walk and the kids sat on the floor inside picnic style. The door is glass on the bottom half so they were able to talk just fine while staying apart. Not getting hugs was weird but we all enjoyed it very much!
What a wonderful idea! Sounds lovely <3

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, rain is scheduled for all weekend. Cal has been in and out about 4 times, she doesn't mind a
little bit of rain. I have movies and some series to watch. The neighbor kids across the street, the
bane of my existence, are gone for the weekend! They are sooo loud and with schools closed they
are out in their yard a lot It's so bad that at times I wear earplugs.. Not sure if the dad picks them up
or what but I won't have the high-pitched squealing one of them makes.:yess::thumbsup:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My duck pair are back! I was out for a walk earlier and saw a pair at a pond about a block away and thought hopefully they might be the couple that visit me for a few weeks each Spring, sleeping in my hedge and sometimes sunning themselves on neighboring roofs. I just looked out the window and there they were snacking on the sunflower seeds I put out for the squirrels yesterday!

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Rain again today but it's giving me a chance to get caught up on sleep which I need.
There is something about rain and light thunder that is soothing for me. My quilt is
done washing so I'll put it in the dryer, then back on the bed. Anyone have anything exciting
going on, ha?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Excited for this next week to start. Been kinda lazy and playing computer games all weekend, and it will be nice having myself stick to more of a structure the next few days attending Zoom classes and getting assignments done. One assignment is for Personal Finance and making a budget based on an after graduation job, which I get excited about doing every time I remember this assignment is due this week, haha.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The winds have subsided!!! Yesterday we had winds with gusts up to 60 mph that didn't stop till
this morning. It is still windy but not like yesterday. The windows in my bedroom rattle so badly.
Insead of having a professional install the new windows after the fire, my landlord did it himself.
When the winds are strong I can see the curtain move, ha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.