The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While watching my grandson (aka my Hobbit), we discovered he likes 2Cellos version of "Thunderstruck." Haha!

Oh! And in 3 1/2 months, he has gone from 4 lbs 11 oz to 13lbs 3 oz. He is in 3 months clothes size, but he will likely not be in them too much longer because his feet are big and he is just so long. Even as a preemie, he had feet so big that the nurses commented about them a few times. His father is well over 6', and it seems like my Hobbit is going to be tall, too.

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Rowe Sanctuary Crane Cam has a fabulous sunset tonight (if you get to their cam tonight, just rewind to see it), and the sandhill cranes are, as always, amazing!
View attachment 327113
Stunning! Thank you for sharing.

That is so beautiful!!

My neighbors on the other side of the duplex moved out 3 weeks ago and no one has moved in yet,
I'm wondering with all that is going on, if it may take awhile for someone to move in. On a good note🎵(hee,hee)
I can blast music if I want. The walls are very thin here so I wasn't able to do that before.
Oh yea! What are your top picks to blast? Hope it is a while before someone moves in, given all the hunkering down people are supposed to be doing.

While watching my grandson (aka my Hobbit), we discovered he likes 2Cellos version of "Thunderstruck." Haha!

Oh! And in 3 1/2 months, he has gone from 4 lbs 11 oz to 13lbs 3 oz. He is in 3 months clothes size, but he will likely not be in them too much longer because his feet are big and he is just so long. Even as a preemie, he had feet so big that the nurses commented about them a few times. His father is well over 6', and it seems like my Hobbit is going to be tall, too.
What an excitement to watch him grow!

P.S. Guessing you like hobbits, too? There was supposed to be a hobbits tv show, I think from Amazon, and I cannot wait until it comes out!

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Stunning! Thank you for sharing.

Oh yea! What are your top picks to blast? Hope it is a while before someone moves in, given all the hunkering down people are supposed to be doing.

What an excitement to watch him grow!

P.S. Guessing you like hobbits, too? There was supposed to be a hobbits tv show, I think from Amazon, and I cannot wait until it comes out!
don’t be sad, please :) your wonderful career is waiting for you :) and, of course, your wonderful home too :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is that I tried the hazelnut ground coffee and I really liked it! I think it's probably better for me than the sugary cappuccinos? What are your favorite coffee flavors/brands? Is there a coffee thread on TCS? Oh well, coffee is positive, so I think it fits here. I like tea too, but only the ones that taste like coffee, like Irish Breakfast. ☕

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

Soooo sweet!!! Any new pics?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Layla-Eric Clapton

With or Without You-U2

Wake Me Up When September Ends-Green Day

Bad Medicine-Bon Jovi

Creep=Radiohead

Man in the Box-Alice in Chains

Chasing Cars-Snow Patrol

Stolen, slow version-Dashboard Confessional

Forever Young-Rod Stewart

and many more:musicnote:🎶🎹🎼🎙🥁🎸🎻

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is that I tried the hazelnut ground coffee and I really liked it! I think it's probably better for me than the sugary cappuccinos? What are your favorite coffee flavors/brands? Is there a coffee thread on TCS? Oh well, coffee is positive, so I think it fits here. I like tea too, but only the ones that taste like coffee, like Irish Breakfast. ☕
Hazelnut sounds so goooood!!! I am not a fan of coffee, and am the type of person who always makes weird faces if someone asks me to try coffee. :runaround:

I've been having more hot chocolate these past 6 months. There is a brand that has many yummy flavors: peanut butter (actual mini peanut butter cups that melt in the hot water, along with the powder), toffee, and salter caramel. Num, num!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is my mom is picking up an online grocery order at Walmart (put straight into her trunk) for her elderly friend, and since she is going, I asked the pharmacy about my mom picking my inhaler up for me and how as there are two in our household that would be more at risk if we got sick and how everyone in our household is working not to go into any stores. They offered to have my mom drive up to the doors nearest pharmacy and they could bring it out to her. <3 So relieved! Glad they are able to make accommodations.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soooo sweet!!! Any new pics?
These are a couple of weeks old. You can see one of his dimples pretty well in the first one. That is my daughter with him. She has the cutest video of him doing tummy time!

Attachments

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been having more hot chocolate these past 6 months.
You might like this mocha mint cappuccino. There isn't much coffee in them anyway, I always add some: ☕
(2 Pack) Hills Bros Drink Mix, Cappucino Mocha Mint, 16 Oz, 1 Count - Walmart.com

These are a couple of weeks old. You can see one of his dimples pretty well in the first one. That is my daughter with him.
What a cutie! 😍

Carleton has been a bit better about letting me groom him.
Maggie won't let me brush her. She brushes her own fur with her teeth! Little miss independent. :rolleyes:

My positive is I've been making little two serving casseroles in the toaster oven. This is an easy way to get more of my beloved casseroles into my life, since my mother doesn't like them. Bonus positive is that she's being less bossy about dinner! 👍

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
you need to create a separate topic about coffee :) many people will be interested to discuss their preferences and share recipes :)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
It's cold now but supposed to warm up. A book I have in hard copy from the library that I can't
take back because it's closed, just became available on EBook from the library so I downloaded
it. I've posted about it before, The Pale Horse by Agatha Christie. Now I can read it on my tablet
which is easier when my arms are acting up. I think someone posted on this site you can watch
the 4 hour mini-series on Amazon Prime. It was on BBC about 6 weeks ago.

If it warms up I may go for a walk. When it warms up considerably, I plan on packing a lunch
and eating in our Gazebo area in the square and also read.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is I've been making little two serving casseroles in the toaster oven. This is an easy way to get more of my beloved casseroles into my life, since my mother doesn't like them. Bonus positive is that she's being less bossy about dinner! 👍
Good for you, it sounds like you're enjoying cooking and, best of all, your mom has become less bossy. :hugs:

One positive that works for me since the Covid-19 outbreak is that I don't have to set an alarm and have been leisurely waking up. Even Carleton likes to sleep in too! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.