The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Rowe Sanctuary Crane Cam is great today, rewind it/scroll back and the view of the sandhill cranes is incredible :)!
Saw this and thought of you. Some look like they have bird feeds! Feeling isolated? These 6 zoos and aquariums are streaming live videos of animals for free

My positive is that my brother went to the store and asked my mom if anything needed to be picked up. I asked for honeydew melon and a small watermelon after looking at sales in the ad. Asked for ice cream, too, but it was ALL sold out... probably another positive though, haha, as it will force me to eat healthier. :p

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update on my positive!!! My mom ended up going to the store to pick up incontinence pads for her elderly friend, since they were not available when my brother went to the store... and she checked and found ice cream for me and surprised me with it when she got home!!!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I moved on Monday to a new house and I was very worried that Maisie would never want to come near me again, but literally the next morning she was lying on my chest like she does when she wants me to feed her. She was very angry that I tricked her to get her in the kennel. I hated it, but I had to. Remy was also very mad at me because he thought I was hurting Maisie, so he started attacking me to leave her alone. It was oddly sweet.
They have been settling in as best they can. It's a completely different thing for them. We were living in a 400 square foot studio and now we are in a house with 1800 square feet and multiple rooms and two floors, so it's been an experience.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday my youngest grandson pumped up the tyres on my old bike which I hadn't ridden for at least 2 years.

Today I rode for almost an hour - heard a woodpecker, noticed the first wild flowers and felt the sun on my bare arms. Both the fitness studio and my local swimming pool for aqua-jogging are closed until further notice so I need an alternative form of exercise. I have to admit that I would have felt less wobbly on a triicycle rather than a bicycle but I kept off the roads and only had problems trying to avoid mud and puddles. After my hip replacement last autumn, I feel I achieved something positive. Perhaps I will manage to go further tomorrow..

🚴‍♀️😆🐦🌼☀
That sounds fun! Are you sore today? trying out your new hip was a good idea!:hugs:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The perfect size for one person. It says serves 8! what, 8 baby mice???
Hee hee. I noticed some frozen TV dinners & personal pizzas say 2 servings. Not in my world! :lol:

I kept off the roads and only had problems trying to avoid mud and puddles.
That sounded like quite the adventure! Glad you had fun. :thumbsup:

I just won a $25 gift card to McDonalds
Yay! Food gift cards are the best. 🍔🍟

We were living in a 400 square foot studio and now we are in a house with 1800 square feet and multiple rooms and two floors
That's certainly positive! Congrats on the new house. :cheerleader:

My positive is that it will be like 60 degrees tomorrow. But it says 100% chance of rain. Does that mean for the whole day? I want to take my walk outside. :crossfingers:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds fun! Are you sore today? trying out your new hip was a good idea!:hugs:
No, I'm not sore, although it was a bone-shaking experience! I have a home-trainer (exercise bike?) which I used a lot after the op to help heal the damaged muscles and soft tissue. I've been lucky in so far that I no longer have problems getting down to clean the cat litter boxes, :lol:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
thank you :)

oh, Tobermory Tobermory did you see my post above (about 10 posts up) about hummingbirds and territorial behavior? I tagged you but maybe you didn't get the alert.

Another positive, my new eyeglasses/lenses are quite good :)
Yes, thank you! I apologize for not acknowledging it. I find I’m very distracted these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.