Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’m so relieved
Bless your heart!

Yesterday I drove out to where there had been a small group of burrowing owls these past couple years. I've been holding my breath because Denver's expansion lately has been just nuts, and even just the traffic past their location has been increasing. Sure enough, new roads are being put in to the west of them... Anyway, I didn't see them. I was so concerned that the timing would be off and they'd have eggs or chicks that would make it impossible to leave, but it appears they've gone. So, oddly enough, I'm really glad, and hoping they ended up in a safe, protected location :)!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve been so worried about Lily. She’s been drinking a lot and has peed outside the litter box a few times. She’s also had gradual weight loss. Given her age—almost 16—and her symptoms, I had visions of kidney disease or diabetes. After blood tests this week and a urinalysis, it turns out she has a mild UTI. AND she was extremely well behaved at the vet’s office! She’s dehydrated which caused her BUN to be a bit elevated, but every other value was completely normal. They gave her a shot of antibiotics, and I’ll add more water to her food for the next few days. For the gradual weight loss, I’m going to bump up the fat content of her food. I’m so relieved, though!
:purr:
Wonderful news, I bet you are so relieved!💖

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
So here are the ingredients I first read in the product description: this sweet ketchup is made from mashed bananas, sugar, vinegar and spices

But then they also have an ingredient list, looks like food dye helps with the color: Water, Sugar, Banana, Modified Starch (Corn), Vinegar, Iodized Salt (Salt Potassium Iodate),Onion, Chili, Garlic, 0.1% Sodium Benzoate as preservative, FD&C Yellow No. 5, FD&C Red No 5, Titanium Dioxide, and Artificial Banana Flavor.

Wonder if there is any kick to it since it has chili?
I bet it will, sounds interesting!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonder if there is any kick to it since it has chili?
I see they also have a spicy "Hot" version on Amazon! I'll have to try that one next. 🌶

Two new high-sided litter boxes from Chewy just arrived!
I almost bought that litterbox. I have to try every new one. I have like 16. They are all stacked down cellar. :eek2:

My positive for today is the storm delayed my brother coming to visit. I just didn't feel like having visitors this week. Maybe by next Tuesday, I will feel more sociable.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The alarm went off at 430 this morning (NOT positive :lol:). I was just laying there not wanting to get up and felt a light touch on my arm. Sophie was laying beside me stroking my arm and purring loudly. I think she understood that I didn't want to get up yet. She's such a good friend. :cloud9:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was supposed to have a video chat for my second interview this morning, but the interviewer was having some complications with their sykpe, so we ended up doing a phone interview. That was much more relaxing for me! My anxiety was rising as video chats can be awkward, so was kind of relieved to have to do a phone interview! Phew! haha.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Late this afternoon I stopped in our local coffee shop for a warm pick-me-up and shortly after a good friend walked in. We sat together and caught up on our family, work, friends, etc. Definite positive to an overall nice day. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just laying there not wanting to get up
My cats are the only thing that gets me up some mornings. Demi the foghorn makes sure I get up! :vancat:

local coffee shop for a warm pick-me-up and shortly after a good friend walked in
You always have fun, cozy coffee encounters like this! Wish I lived in town. ☕

My positive for today is I gave up coffee because I couldn't control myself and was drinking 10 sugary cappuccinos per day. But the positive is, maybe later I will come back to it in a month or so and just have 1 cup per day. Funny thing is I used to drink it black! I liked those really dark coffees like Sumatra. ☕

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Funny thing is I used to drink it black! I liked those really dark coffees like Sumatra. ☕
That's my favorite way to drink it! 👍 When I was working full-time I drank a lot more coffee but now that I'm semi-retired I usually only have 2 cups per day. That is, unless I'm out at a restaurant where refills are free, lol.;)

Beautiful weather for the weekend, sun and considerably warmer temps considering it's still winter here. I have a 20% off coupon for a little boutique type store and today is the last day I can use it so I'm planning to check it out.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My yellow crocus are blooming and the neighbors daffodils are too! Mine are up but not blooming yet. They get afternoon sun so they are always later than the neighbors. I'm going to go see if the purple crocus are blooming yet. They were up but not blooming earlier this week. :hyper:🌷:dance:The tulips are coming up well too but I don't expect to see blooms for a bit.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
That's too funny that the hot guy ended up being the priest, haha!
Yeah, it really cracked me up. He was sooo well-dressed. Black cotton-wool pants with a perfect
crease and the cuff was perfectly fitted over his black loafers, which were shined. then a beautiful
navy blue sweater that looked like an Armani, then his priest collar. I noticed a few people who had
appts. at the Pain Clinic wanted to speak wih him and he was very gracious and talked with all.
When I went up to be blessed and had ashes applied to my forehead, I felt better.

So have you heard anything back after your interview?

Had a good day snuggling with Cal. I'm worn out from the trip. Cole and b.i.l. picked me up a lot
of food from the grocery store, including a Marie Calender's Banana cream pie and Dutch Chocolate
Ice Cream!!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So have you heard anything back after your interview?
Not yet, should hopefully hear about the small mammal one in a couple of days though. And the grad school should be within the next two weeks. I've sent questions to all the undergrads/grads/PhD students he gave me contact info to get an idea of his style and atmosphere to see if it is a good fit. Everyone I've heard back from has said really good things, and all have described the professor the same way, and I feel confident it would be a good fit. I sent a thank you letter after the interview, but am going to ask a few more questions and share some research that I found interesting on the topic I'd be researching if chosen.

Had a good day snuggling with Cal. I'm worn out from the trip. Cole and b.i.l. picked me up a lot
of food from the grocery store, including a Marie Calender's Banana cream pie and Dutch Chocolate
Ice Cream!!
What a wonderful day! Snuggles, pie, and ice cream, what could be better than that?

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not yet, should hopefully hear about the small mammal one in a couple of days though. And the grad school should be within the next two weeks. I've sent questions to all the undergrads/grads/PhD students he gave me contact info to get an idea of his style and atmosphere to see if it is a good fit. Everyone I've heard back from has said really good things, and all have described the professor the same way, and I feel confident it would be a good fit. I sent a thank you letter after the interview, but am going to ask a few more questions and share some research that I found interesting on the topic I'd be researching if chosen.

What a wonderful day! Snuggles, pie, and ice cream, what could be better than that?
good luck for you :):crossfingers:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we went out to both lunch AND dinner.
I love rare days like that, where I'm out all day and can get both lunch & dinner out. 🥪🍝

My positive for today is I expected March 1st to be warmer, it's only 14 degrees. But the positive is that once it warms up, it should stay above 50 degrees until next November. So I will have 7 or 8 months to take my walk outside, I hope. :crossfingers:

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many people at work have complimented me on how clean I keep the bathrooms while working. They tell me what they've noticed before I started, and how it has improved, like no more toilet paper left on the toilet seats for a whole day.... um, the bathrooms are supposed to be quality checked every hour?? What are the other quality assurance associates doing?:crackup:

Feels good to be recognized! I take a lot of pride in my work!

Also been finding projects to do once the daily checklist is completed, like cleaning the dust pan, walls and shelves in the supply closet (so filthy!!!), and cleaning dust off front of the store fixtures and signs. Normally have 30-60 min. extra each shift and use this time for extra cleaning projects!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I want to try the pumpkin flavor! I see that my online vitamin stores have it, so I'll try it out in my next order.
My positive is that I found the granola on sale for a good price and bought Original for me and Pumpkin Cinnamon for DH. He loves it and has been eating it straight out of the bag as a snack. We are going back to the store tomorrow to buy more before it goes off sale.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Sun all day yesterday which is rare in Ohio. Cole sent down, roasted chicken, potatoes, mushrooms, and carrots, huge salad, and pound cake. Also a Yankee Peddler candle and a 2020 calendar that she forgot to give me on Christmas. It's kind of cheesy with sister stuff
in it but also very sweet.💖

Status
Not open for further replies.