The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s 60 degrees out today here in Central Oregon
I can't wait until my 50 degree weather comes back so I can walk outside. March hopefully. It's 27 degrees right now. 🥶

My positive for today is that my decaf french vanilla cappuccino is supposed to be arriving in the mail today. I'm excited to compare it to see if I like decaf. I have some instant espresso, so I can always add that to it if I don't like it. ☕ Oh, and another positive, I threw 4 hot sauces into my order to get free shipping. :thumbsup:🌶🌶

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I want to try the pumpkin flavor! I see that my online vitamin stores have it, so I'll try it out in my next order.
My husband is not a huge granola fan but he wanted to try the pumpkin cinnamon flavor too.

My positive for today is that my daughter's college alma mater is playing a local team in basketball. I received an e-mail for alums and parents to come out and show their support. So DH and I are planning to go. 🏀

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got my eyebrows done and then my bf and I went to the best vietnamese restaurant in town for lunch like we usually do. I honestly never knew vietnamese food could be so good before this place. I always just thought vietnamese food was "ok." After that we went to get some milk tea at the bubble tea spot nearby. And then we went to walmart to pick up a few things. Now I'm about to play a videogame with a kitty sleeping on my chest. This is what I consider to be the perfect Saturday lol.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I put in an order for a product where I'm beginning to wonder if the company is going out of business since it's getting hard to find, through a process that I'd never used before, for a better price than anywhere else.

Frankly I didn't believe this/trust that this would have the remotest chance of actually working, as I've had bad results in the past when things get wonky as they have with this product.

The timing of the pickup was perfect (got the Your Order Is Ready email just as I pulled into the parking lot) and I received what I'd ordered. Whew!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was sunny all day! I washed some throws and cleaned Cal's private areas. I had done it a few
days ago but it needed done again. I used warm water and Nivea Body soap which is 1/3 cream, and
pieces of clean, old, very soft flannel. She was very good but towards the end she had had enough and
gave me another scratch. Rested a lot in the afternoon with Cal.It's supposed to be in the 50s today.

How are all of you?

EDIT: Lari Lari Glad you brought up eyebrows. Have to get mine done again, been way too long.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was sunny all day! I washed some throws and cleaned Cal's private areas. I had done it a few
days ago but it needed done again. I used warm water and Nivea Body soap which is 1/3 cream, and
pieces of clean, old, very soft flannel. She was very good but towards the end she had had enough and
gave me another scratch. Rested a lot in the afternoon with Cal.It's supposed to be in the 50s today.

How are all of you?

EDIT: Lari Lari Glad you brought up eyebrows. Have to get mine done again, been way too long.
does Cal not like taking care of himself? :(

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
does Cal not like taking care of himself? :(
Cal is a girl. :) and her hair is very long, especially her private areas. When I had her at the doc's in September,
they shaved her private areas and cut off a lot of hair. Well, now it was grown back. She cleans herself as best
she can. That is why I have to wash throws everyday. If one has any odor she won't sleep on it but it's difficult for
me to clean her, because of the physical problems I have with my hands, arms, and shoulders. I use warm, soapy
cloths, gently clean her, rinse her very well. She is always so happy after I've done it. I always do a trim as well but
I must be careful. She has long hairs between her tows but that is easy to trim. Her full name is Calista Noelle Valente.:redheartpump:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the best vietnamese restaurant in town for lunch
Yum! All the exotic restaurants like that are 2 hours away from me.

I put in an order for a product where I'm beginning to wonder if the company is going out of business since it's getting hard to find
I noticed that a lot of the hot sauces on my wishlist are suddenly being discontinued. That's okay though, I have enough choices. :thumbsup:

My positive for today is I don't usually like dessert, but I saw some small slices of cake at Walmart that I might try with my vanilla cappuccino. That way I don't have to buy an entire cake. Here is what they look like:
Freshness Guaranteed Banana Cake, 2.4 oz - Walmart.com
Freshness Guaranteed White Cake Square, 5.8 oz - Walmart.com

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is that I have almost all the chores done, and am now watching it snow and drinking coffee :)
My favorite thing to do while watching it snow, i.e. drink a warm, soothing cup of coffee. Enjoy the show! ❄

Today will be the last sunny, warm winter day before it snows here so I plan to spend it outside and you know there will be a coffee stop somewhere along the way. ☕

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I’m a terrible procrastinator...well, actually, I’m an excellent procrastinator :) ...but I finally did the two pieces I had promised the other committee members I’d do for the spring hike series: I drafted the press release for the media and designed the invitation to the orientation for hike leaders. I sent them to the committee this afternoon for their review. Yay!
:bliss:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you know there will be a coffee stop somewhere along the way. ☕
Did you get your coffee fix? What kind? ☕

I got caught up on laundry this weekend. 7 loads worth.
I can't wait to have my own washing machine. Being able to do 7 loads sounds like heaven. :cloud9:

My positive for today is even though Papa John's completely screwed up our pizza last night, I had cake & vanilla cappuccino for dinner instead. Dad was happy to have an entire pizza to himself, so it worked out alright. 🍕☕🍰

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is I don't usually like dessert, but I saw some small slices of cake at Walmart that I might try with my vanilla cappuccino. That way I don't have to buy an entire cake. Here is what they look like:
Freshness Guaranteed Banana Cake, 2.4 oz - Walmart.com
Freshness Guaranteed White Cake Square, 5.8 oz - Walmart.com
Yum!! I love Banana cake!!

It's getting warmer here and I'm going to enjoy it before the snow arrives on Wednesday night. Lake effect snow is a trickster
so we never know how much we're getting, especially since the lake, (Erie), is not frozen. Helper was in a great mood today!
Was very helpful, made cornbread, did laundry, errands. I had her bring 2 chicken tacos from TBell.🌮🌮. I am craving french
fries with malt vinegar. Tuesday night there is a special where you can have 4 pieces of chicken, hot rice, coleslaw, and the best fries ever. Will see if Nicole wants to get that. They only have take-out. Cal is snoozing now and I am going to as well.🍟

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cal is a girl. :) and her hair is very long, especially her private areas. When I had her at the doc's in September,
they shaved her private areas and cut off a lot of hair. Well, now it was grown back. She cleans herself as best
she can. That is why I have to wash throws everyday. If one has any odor she won't sleep on it but it's difficult for
me to clean her, because of the physical problems I have with my hands, arms, and shoulders. I use warm, soapy
cloths, gently clean her, rinse her very well. She is always so happy after I've done it. I always do a trim as well but
I must be careful. She has long hairs between her tows but that is easy to trim. Her full name is Calista Noelle Valente.:redheartpump:
it was a typo, we remember her gender :) it is a pity that we live far from you and cannot help you from time to time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.