The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday my positive was my phone was receiving cell phone service when I accidentally locked myself out on a second floor balcony during workstudy today in a fairly secluded, quiet location, haha. Had to call the campus police. But the view was great!

I also found out DD put on an inch in height since December and is in the 99th percentile for height. 😯 It seems like every year that percentile has creeped up just a bit. So I’m on my way to becoming the shortest person in my house. 😅 I’m glad boys get their growth spurts later! 🤪
Wow, an inch in a couple of months! What a growth spurt!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a new granola I fell in love with
Is it flavored granola? I like trying different flavors. 🥣

I got my eyebrows done.
I've never done mine, I just use a trimmer in the middle so I don't get a unibrow, but that's it. :)

So I’m on my way to becoming the shortest person in my house.
I'm always the tallest girl in the room at 5'9 and 3 quarters. :ohwell:

But the view was great!
Ha! I love it. You even have a positive outlook when locked out on a balcony. :lol:

My positive for today is I ordered some decaf French Vanilla Cappuccino. I know caffeine is kinda the point with coffee, but I wanted to try it out. Here's a pic of it:
(2 Pack) Hills Bros. Decaf French Vanilla Cappuccino Instant Coffee Mix, 16 Ounce Canister - Walmart.com

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Is it flavored granola? I like trying different flavors. 🥣
It's called Purely Elizabeth Original which is flavored with cinnamon but there are other flavors as well.
Original Ancient Grain Granola

My morning positive is it was 7 F when I woke up but the sun is shining so I will bundle up and won't let the frigid temps stop me from going out today.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, an inch in a couple of months! What a growth spurt!
I remember putting on 3” in 3 months when I was about her age. My legs would ache! Thankfully she’s never had growing pains. I’m only 5’5” so not tall. I’m grateful she hasn’t outgrown her pants on me! 😆
I'm always the tallest girl in the room at 5'9 and 3 quarters. :ohwell:
I was playing around with some growth charts from the CDC and the ones with height predictors put her at 5’11”-6’0” at age 18. I think it said there is a 50% chance of being within +/-.7” of those numbers and a 90% chance of being within +/-2”. 🥺

Right now she thinks that’s cool and loves being tall. I’m glad for that because we have talks about how everyone is different and we should only be concerned with being healthy. I’m trying to have positive body image talks with my kids because I know it can be hard. It’s sticking with her! I know I really admired my cousin who is about that height. I always thought she was just so pretty.

In other positive news; I got to have dinner at a British Fish & Chips shop. Its owned by a native Londoner so hopefully its legit because the taste is aaahmazing!! 🤤

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I haven’t laughed so hard at a YouTube video as I did today 😆😂! I discovered a site called “a day in the life of a cat owner-Simons cat” holy cow, did this guy know cats! I really enjoyed it and if you want to get a good laugh, check it out 😉
My older vet had a tv that played this in the waiting room!!

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I love love love Simon's cat, thanks for the reminder :)!

Got a couple challenging appointments out of the way this past week (I'm not a calm dental patient), so I'm feeling all sorts of relaxed this morning.
I probably shouldn’t say, but my last dental appointment was awful 😐 had to get a crown. Good news though, I’m done with it 😁

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just having them cleaned up makes a big difference
I wonder if my eyebrows look weird. Nobody has ever said anything though.

It's called Purely Elizabeth Original
I want to try the pumpkin flavor! I see that my online vitamin stores have it, so I'll try it out in my next order.

I'm not a calm dental patient
I love going to the dentist, I just can't afford to go often. My insurance doesn't cover any of the cool new technology.

My positive for the day is we finally had pasta for dinner tonight! This is the first time in weeks. I need my pasta!

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
It’s 60 degrees out today here in Central Oregon and as soon as I got off work I put Jemima’s harness on and we went for a walk! She knows that when I get her harness out, it’s walking time. Ever since she was a smaller kitten she recognized that harness! And Jemima remains perfectly still when I put it on. No small feat for an excited kitten! And I thoroughly enjoyed the warm, springlike weather 🐾🌷☀

Status
Not open for further replies.