The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting at the table this morning with my coffee,and hubby was eating his breakfast,and here comes Whiskers...he's my tuxedo boy.Usually he'll come and plunk himself down,the front feet go up the shoulder,he purrs,snuggles and he's a happy boy.This time he did this to hubby...never has before.Awe….guess he's decided he needs a Dad,too!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I bought everything on the Omega chart and I'm going to have an "Omega week" where I eat all these things to see if it helps my hair. I got Chia Seed, Flax Seed, Brussels Sprouts, Navy Beans, Avocado, Walnuts, and Canola Oil. :thumbsup::crossfingers:

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
My positive is that I bought everything on the Omega chart and I'm going to have an "Omega week" where I eat all these things to see if it helps my hair. I got Chia Seed, Flax Seed, Brussels Sprouts, Navy Beans, Avocado, Walnuts, and Canola Oil. :thumbsup::crossfingers:
Mmmmmm!!!! Those are all yummy things too. :D

So I am able to virtualize again even though I have to use aqemu right now because command line doesn't work on my new distro. Anyway, I can't even remember why I was having trouble with X in OpenBSD back in 2013! It popped right on there this time. Then all I had to do was type "fluxbox" into a text editor, save it as /home/myusername/.xauthority and.,....

.....remember that it is not 2013 any more. Nobody is going to say, "That's interesting." or "You must be smart." or "Can you teach me?" no matter how well I write or how much of a relief it is to get away from all the drama in the Linux community or how much I enjoy learning about any Berkeley Systems Distribution.

I have a hobby. I did something fun with my hobby. It put a smile on my face and a spring in my step.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hugs: Better to find out at an interview than after being hired the manager isn't suitable to work with or under. Sorry the manager treated you poorly. Sometimes when you pass on things that aren't meant to be, it opens doors for even better opportunities that are right for you. If this opportunity doesn't pan out or you choose to pass, that's okay. There will be many more options that come your way.

And just a note, not sure what you're interview was like, but many times I have perceived myself as having a negative interview, but I still was offered a job. Sometimes when we sense our flaws, they are not noticeable to an outside person as they are to us. At any rate, you have more experience interviewing and navigating a tough situation with an unpleasant person, which will make you even better during the next, hopefully pleasant, interview.
Thank you for your encouragement - that made me feel a lot better! I got back to the company who organises the programme and they were very quick in offering me another chance at another organisation, so things seem more positive!

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an extremely busy week, compounded by the boss after being told not to drive after shoulder surgery jumping into one of our work cars and running into a tree which gave me something else to fix..lol but everything flowed, no hiccups and can look forward to this holiday long weekend without thinking of anything still needing to be done at work because it is all done...it was a perfect week except when Blue bit me.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Rain finally stopped, yeah!! My nephew Daniel, the chef who works In Corolla, NC, the Outer Banks, is coming home Monday
for a few days. He doesn't start working again till March and sometimes comes back home after his holiday visit. Most of his
friends have winter jobs at ski resorts so it's lonely in the big house.Can't wait to see him again and have some of his amazing
cooking!!🍝🧀🍕🥗

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
At an absolutely terrible time over here with deaths of animals during and as the aftermath of fires, this made my day... the 9th Brigade - Australian Army, helping out in their break:

army koalas.jpg

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
At an absolutely terrible time over here with deaths of animals during and as the aftermath of fires, this made my day... the 9th Brigade - Australian Army, helping out in their break:

View attachment 319280
Oh my, I am crying,,,,,, so sweet. I wish I could be there with them helping.💝

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having AWESOME, totally ridiculous weather today in -->>Denver. In Colorado for goodness sake. It's JANUARY!!
Lucky duck! I won't see my 50 degree weather until March or April.

I got to take a 4 hour nap!
I haven't taken a nap since the 80s. But I do get 8 hours sleep most nights.

This is my quest, to follow that...duck
Is that a real duck or a lawn ornament?

My positive for today is that my friend reminded me that his son would never have been born if it weren't for me. I was the one who introduced him to his baby mama. That made me feel so powerful & special, that this beloved child is on the earth because of me. We all matter in this life. 🌈

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
We got a bit of snow and temps have dropped a bit but no worries, I'm rugged up with my angel sleeping, cooing, and snowing
beside me. It's damp here, not like Colorado. Was skiing in Steamboat back in the day and remember it was 8 degrees but didn't
feel that cold at all because of the dry air.

Going to wash a few throws, dishes, and watch some movies.Feel like having a grilled cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.