The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have had rain after a terrible drought. Everything is so green, and my veggie patch is sprouting mushrooms :biggrin:

I couldn't reist having a play.
Let's hear it for the kid in us all. . :):sheep:

View attachment 318790
Thats great..its been a long dry up there..you deserve to play in a few puddles..lol.
Amazing how quick thigs come back and start to grow.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Yep, "rugged up" means dressed warmly and I am today as well. 🧊
The shirts sound cute. Are they long sleeved cotton?

Need a lot of tea today as again it's bitter cold. I have so many different teas to choose
from. I think Twining's Chai after this cup. Have good DVDs from the library and may
borrow one from Hoopla to read on my laptop as well. Nicole bought an amazing snack
for me; sweet and salty Kettle Corn. It comes in a bag and made by Smartfood, never
heard of that brand but I had 3 bowls yesterday, oink oink!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have so many different teas to choose
from.
We have like 20 different teas, but I never drink them because they aren't bold enough for me. I wonder if I could add flavored creamer to them to make them more exciting. 🍵

My positive for today is I got my Vanilla Latte & Caramel Macchiato packets in the mail yesterday, so I will be all cozy trying them out today. ☕

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, they are short-sleeved shirts. I can't wear long sleeves here because of the wood heat, it's so hot in here that I sweat. Here's a pic of the lavender butterfly one. It is positively pretty, don't you think? I never wear this color, so not sure if I will look good in it:
Hanes - Women's Short-Sleeve V-Neck Graphic T-Shirt - Walmart.com
Beautiful shirt! I think it will look great on you. You're blonde, right? Pastels generally look good on people with lighter hair.

Then again, my coloring is better gor reds and jewel tones and it still doesn't stop me from wearing pastels.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, Persia just did her low to the ground, carefully inching crawl off my lap to lay against Isabells' backend, who is curled up on my feet. <3 Isabelle growled very low once and Persia tensed her body and didn't move, and after Isabelle quieted proceeded to move forward slightly before lowering her body down, haha. Isabelle growled a tiny bit, but hasn't moved and went back to sleep, awwww. It has been a while since Persia tried to sneak in a cuddle in my presence. Katrina is still curled up in my lap.

Other positives: started reading my Personal Finance textbook since the power went out shortly after getting up, and it really excited me for the future!

After the power came back on and I reheated some leftover spaghetti, when I went to add some olive oil I noticed it wasn't coming out easily and had solidified a bit because of how cold it was, haha. I didn't even know it could do that! Made me laugh.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I made two new friends at the gym.
You have like a billion friends! I wish I lived closer to civilization & could have lunch/coffee with friends. 🥪☕

fell in love with this piece of wall art
Puppies & coffee, 2 of my favorite things. 🐕+☕=❤

It has been a while since Persia tried to sneak in a cuddle in my presence.
Demi tries to sneak cuddles from Maggie, but she punches him in the face. She does the same thing to me. :lol:

I reheated some leftover spaghetti
Yum! Nothing better than sketti the next day. 🍝

My positive for today is that although I didn't like my caramel coffee, I still have my vanilla latte left to try. Vanilla is always good. :crossfingers:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! :)
Unfortunately I didn't have the best of interviews, and even if I do get accepted I'm not sure if I'll agree because the manager treated me quite poorly.
:hugs: Better to find out at an interview than after being hired the manager isn't suitable to work with or under. Sorry the manager treated you poorly. Sometimes when you pass on things that aren't meant to be, it opens doors for even better opportunities that are right for you. If this opportunity doesn't pan out or you choose to pass, that's okay. There will be many more options that come your way.

And just a note, not sure what you're interview was like, but many times I have perceived myself as having a negative interview, but I still was offered a job. Sometimes when we sense our flaws, they are not noticeable to an outside person as they are to us. At any rate, you have more experience interviewing and navigating a tough situation with an unpleasant person, which will make you even better during the next, hopefully pleasant, interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.