The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Picked up my new portable washer and dryer from the post office today. It is amazing!!! Especially after hand washing for the past 6 months.

I don’t know what your washer is like but when I lived in an apartment, now more than 40 years ago, I picked up a cheap portable washer. When I moved into my house a few years later I gave it to my mom, who used it for all her laundry for the next 23 years without requiring a single repair. I am sure they are even better now and that you will just love having them.

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know what your washer is like but when I lived in an apartment, now more than 40 years ago, I picked up a cheap portable washer. When I moved into my house a few years later I gave it to my mom, who used it for all her laundry for the next 23 years without requiring a single repair. I am sure they are even better now and that will just love having them.
Great to hear! Wow, yours lasted a long time! Hope mine does, too!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So it's parent teacher conferences and we always order these box dinners from a place that is pretty bad at getting our orders right - but I got exactly what I ordered today, so I'm quite pleased.
Glad your order was right! Funny story. When I still lived at home, my mom would order from grubhub at different restaurants to have delivered. For about 6 months, every order I also ordered food, something was always wrong with my order, and nothing with my mom's. It started feeling like a running gag, and it made me laugh. During this time I ordered onion soup with my meal, and the soup had NO onions and just tasted like salt water.... :flail: How does that even happen?? It was so ridiculous it made me laugh!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made Masala Chai today. Came out pretty good this time! I need to make it more like this from now on. I also want to try an Iranian tea recipe that a friend told me about. I love teas.

I actually did some real SQL practice the other day! I had been dreading it forever. But it's exciting to start learning a new skill. I'd like to make myself more marketable!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's cold today, in the 20s but I must make it to Dolce at the Srand, the gelato shoppe.
Did you get your gelato yet? :crossfingers:

Picked up my new portable washer and dryer from the post office today.
How many clothes can you put in it? Is it small?

a place that is pretty bad at getting our orders right
I ordered an Impossible Whopper with cheese from Burger King. But somehow they thought I said "double cheese". That was really expensive, getting charged for TWO pieces of cheese on top of the high price of the burger.

My positive for today is my neighbors' little Pomeranian puppy tried to make a run for it to come visit me, but his owner caught him when he was only halfway to me. You can't stand in the way of true love. :lol:❤🐕

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many clothes can you put in it? Is it small?
A good amount can fit! I was really surprised. I did three loads yesterday, with one including a king top sheet for a bed plus a couple shirts and about 5 pairs of shorts (guy style shorts, so more bulky). The spin dryer is about half the size, so for every 1 washer load, 2 spin dries need to be done. Although, the spin dry only takes 5 minutes. The one I have was recommended because it has a pump to pump the water out, and is a larger size.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for the day was laughing at myself this morning. It was a kittens get half kitten food/half adult, so Isabelle has to be monitored not to eat the kitten food. I glance over from the kitchen and see Isabelle walk closer to the kitten dishes. Hurriedly, I rush over and move the dish, telling Isabelle that's the kittens food, she can't have it..... only to realize the food was being taken away from Katrina! Oops! They don't even look similar, hahaha! How did I mix them up?? :flail:

My second positive is Katrina is in my zip up hoody with me, hehe. Just cajoled her to climb in, and now she is purring loudly against my chest.<3

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I plan to get an early start tomorrow with all the chores I did not accomplish last Saturday which will be a positive feeling for me.
Well I slept in much later than usual so scratch the chores. :biggrin: Sitting here with Carleton sound asleep by my feet and don't want to disturb him. I've been reading a really good book which is arm's length from me so that will be my positive for today. :read:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Just when I was getting ready to go to bed last night Carleton got his second wind and wanted to play. :lol: He was zooming through the house and tossing his favorite ball up in the air.:dizzycat: Of course I postponed bedtime to acquiesce to his friskiness which made it a positive evening.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
draft horse show
Maybe I'll make it to the fair to see some horses & llamas this summer. I need to get out in the world more. :crossfingers:

He was zooming through the house
Awww, I love it when they get the zoomies. 😻

I'll find a way to get up there once it warms up.
Is it just plain or do they have all the fixins' to put on top? I like tons of bits & pieces in my ice cream. :yummy:

My positive for today is I ordered 10 packets of Vanilla Latte and 10 packets of Caramel Macchiato from ebay. I got free shipping too. This should make winter a little more bearable. ☕

Status
Not open for further replies.