The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this sept will be my 7th year post stroke survival. i have an apartment with a great woman whose well on her way to a doctorate in social work. my cat finally learned to play gentle no teeth no claws. my family is all healthy my life is all positives. lots to be grateful for.lost the use of most of my left side but no big deal to all the positives i have in life today plus i am alive and free so all is good.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to be a nice day, not even in the 80s. Cal went out for a short while but not for long, The skunks have
been spraying frequently and sometimes I wonder if she can sense they are close by. I've been spraying her
mice again with catnip oil and she loves it. I've only been putting out 2 at a time as she has 8. When they're
all out she seems to flick them where I can't find them, naughty girl.

Big ginger and tuxedo cat had a standoff on the deck yesterday over the food I keep there for them. Big ginger
won. Both are so adorable. Baby ginger and medium ginger weren't there but they could've come when I wasn't
there. Little gray tabby was the first one there, so sweet.

Going to read If You Knew Her.

Elphaba09 Elphaba09 Your son's new home is so beautiful!!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only positive I can think of so far today is I am up and got myself to work. Nothing bad happened but I don't really have anything going on today either. Tomorrow should be better because I actually have stuff on the agenda.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I must be getting good here:

So I just learned how to repair a cracked iphone screen. Well it doesn't repair it but it smooths it out and doesn't have that cracked screen look when viewing it. (I'm using on my old iPhone 6S's) I know it's normal to have a slight scratch here and there from use though. Who knew baby powder with water on the screen smooths it out and hides the scratches when looking at the screen? Learned that from the mashable website.

The one iphone 6S was totally shattered so I'm just converting that one to an iPod with the music I want offline. Since I won't be staring at it it won't matter but at least that scratched screen feel on the fingers is gone.
can you stick a protective film or screen protector on your smartphone screen? ...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I saw cute sports car guy again yesterday on my walk. He gave me his big smile and cute wave. What's funny is I thought that it was him going in different directions, but I realized he's always going in the same direction, probably home from work. It's actually me changing directions, because I do 5 laps up and down the road, always facing traffic. I'm so silly. :lol:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf - not something we can do. Otherwise we'd be inundated with people soliciting for votes for competitions. :(

Since that's not very positive, here's a Leunig cartoon :thumbsup:

View attachment 347505
That's ok. I'll just let you all know if she won or not. I totally understand the rules but wanted to check first.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found my positive for the day! Got an email from the husband saying that Gracie somehow broke her food bowl (the one we put wet food in). I put it by the sink after washing it out. Guess she must have either slid into it and it fell or she outright pushed it off the counter. I could easily see both happening with her. Anyway, my positive is I have a spare bowl at home so I don't have to stop on my way home to get another one.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am back with more pictures! We were wrong about it being paneling. It was originally a log cabin, and the walls are cedar blanks. He is probably going to do a grey or whitewash to them just to bring out the beams more. It does need work, but less than we thought. They are extremely happy! (Yep, that is him! He did kind of inherit my red hair, although his is more strawberry, while mine is auburn.) He just turned 27 two weeks ago, and now he is getting ready to sign papers on the house of his dreams. I am so proud and happy for him! Just imagine the sunrises and sunsets they are going to enjoy.

8605b54031aab27be14eaf24a2f4ea00l-m734700282od-w1024_h768.jpg 8605b54031aab27be14eaf24a2f4ea00l-m1774895756od-w1024_h768 (1).jpg 8605b54031aab27be14eaf24a2f4ea00l-m2477343265od-w1024_h768.jpg 20200818_161220.jpg 20200818_161448.jpg 20200818_161836.jpg 20200818_162132.jpg image (15).jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Another excellent day at the thrift store. I picked up couple jigsaw puzzles and this wonderful small chest of drawers for $30. I am pretty sure it dates to around 1900 and once I strip off its dreadful faux wood grain finish I think I will find beautiful mahogany. Refinishing furniture sends me off to my happy place, something I really need right now.

7BF01A4F-594B-44E7-8FE3-CA278A15B8BB.jpeg

Last edited:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am back with more pictures! We were wrong about it being paneling. It was originally a log cabin, and the walls are cedar blanks. He is probably going to do a grey or whitewash to them just to bring out the beams more. It does need work, but less than we thought. They are extremely happy! (Yep, that is him! He did kind of inherit my red hair, although his is more strawberry, while mine is auburn.) He just turned 27 two weeks ago, and now he is getting ready to sign papers on the house of his dreams. I am so proud and happy for him! Just imagine the sunrises and sunsets they are going to enjoy.

View attachment 347604View attachment 347605View attachment 347606View attachment 347607View attachment 347608View attachment 347609View attachment 347610View attachment 347611
i see fishing access!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Elphaba09 Elphaba09 Beautiful house, Elphi, beautiful couple!
neely neely Living in a Victorian has always been my dream. There are several on my street. When I was
in San Francisco and Key West. I fell in love with several I saw there.
M maggiedemi Sounds like sports car guy fancies you! Write your phone number on a piece of cardboard
and show it to him next time he passes by, hee, hee
susanm9006 susanm9006 Love the chest!! and you got some puzzles!!:yess: Glad your mom is home now.
klunick klunick I love having spare stuff around when something like that happens.
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Ah....nothing better than good sleep.
K Koveshnikov Happy to hear you removed that pesky bug!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful day yesterday...in the 70s..even a cool breeze and it's supposed to be even cooler today
with all day sunshine!:yess::clap: Cal went out for an hour and 45 min walkabout this morning. It was
in the 50s and it must've been so pleasant for her, lovely angel.

I put another pillow on the chair so I can now sit more comfortably..another behind my back as well.
It makes the chair look funny but if that is what it takes for me to be able to read there, then so be it.

Cal snuggled with me for a nap yesterday. I fell asleep with my hand on her warm back. She's
turned into a darling cuddler.

Had the Double crunch taco from the dollar menu at TBell..soooo tasty and filling. Sometimes I
buy 2 and save one for later.🌮🌮oink, oink

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I'm getting a bunch of fun things in our Aldi order Friday- fresh mango, fresh plums, fresh kiwi, banana nut granola, oats & honey crunchy granola, vanilla almond milk, coconut milk, sourdough bread, rye bread, dried fruit medley, blackberry fruit spread, and some vegetarian meat substitutes. :thumbsup:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Mia6 Mia6 . Turned out the mom isn’t coming home yet. Her docs didn’t release her because they really wanted her in extended care but so far haven’t found one that will accept her since she should really be in long term care. But the positive is that she is safer at the hospital than at home

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Elphaba09 Elphaba09 That kitchen looks nice and roomy! Definitely a house to call home!❤

My dentist was able to fix my implant tooth today. Nothing was broken; the screw had just come a little loose. 😅 And its always great to walk out of there without novocaine face! :lol:

My friend watched my kids while I was there so I picked up 2 coffees on my way back to her house. I ordered a 10 count of pumpkin munchkins for my kids; but they gave me several extra! And they were GOOD!:yummy::lol2:

Status
Not open for further replies.