The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got my house decorated for the Fall. The mantle and some random decor scattered around the kitchen and the rest of the living room but not nearly as much as usual. :ohwell: A little early but I brought out the decor to see how to modify some stuff now that I have kittens instead of old cats. Some things had to be put back because Boone and Gracie wouldn't leave them alone. Others had to be moved to higher locations where the kittens can't get to them.

I hope by the time October rolls around, Boone and Gracie have gotten out of the chewy stage.
20200816_130951.jpg
20200816_130936.jpg
20200816_130913.jpg
20200816_131319.jpg
20200816_121523.jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Got my house decorated for the Fall. The mantle and some random decor scattered around the kitchen and the rest of the living room but not nearly as much as usual. :ohwell: A little early but I brought out the decor to see how to modify some stuff now that I have kittens instead of old cats. Some things had to be put back because Boone and Gracie wouldn't leave them alone. Others had to be moved to higher locations where the kittens can't get to them.

I hope by the time October rolls around, Boone and Gracie have gotten out of the chewy stage. View attachment 347340View attachment 347341View attachment 347342View attachment 347343View attachment 347344
Love your decor! I have the same cabinets,hee, hee

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It was so hot last night that I had to kick off all the covers but some time before morning a cool front came through and I woke up cold and double wrapped in my blankets. It’s 58 degrees outside, the first time we have been that low in the morning for a couple months. It will be a perfect morning to mow the lawn.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We kept the windows down while waiting for our grocery pickup today. It was heavenly! The only downside was my mask didn't filter out the fresh french fry smell from a nearby restaurant. That smelled heavenly too. :crazy:

We all survived the first day of school too. Well; my son is still finishing a few things but he is close. Between the groceries and having to finish setting up their notebooks and binders; we started later than we'd like. We are celebrating with donuts. Dunkin had their free coffee today; so good excuse! ;)

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After months of looking, my son and his fiancee placed an offer on a house and it was accepted! It is a 4 to 5 minute drive from our house. It is well over 100 years old and sits in two acres with a pond. They are ecstatic! As long as it passes the inspection, they should be closing towards the end of September.

The house needs work, but with all of us to help it should not be too bad to get it how he wants it to be.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We stopped for a quick iced drink at Starbucks this afternoon. We sat outside where it's easier to social distance and a total stranger struck up a conversation with us. She was having some dental work done. One thing led to another and it turned out my husband and her had the same childhood dentist. It really is a small world! :D

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm going to ask the moderators if I can post the link when public voting begins because there is a cash prize (a very big one) if she wins. Just want to make sure I won't be breaking any forum rules. If I'm not allowed I'll have to sadly just keep you updated on the results. I don't want to do anything wrong on here. In my excitement of her being hand picked I forgot that this may not be allowed on here. @Norachan mani mani
Sorry MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf - not something we can do. Otherwise we'd be inundated with people soliciting for votes for competitions. :(

Since that's not very positive, here's a Leunig cartoon :thumbsup:

leunig tired husband.jpg

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds awesome Elphaba09 Elphaba09 ! I hope you can share pictures at some point if they don't mind. I'd love to see it!
This is the house and the pond in the backyard. It has a bunch of fish in it. The house is across from a field and faces the west, making the sunset views from it amazing. I have not been over that way when the sun is coming up, but I can imagine with the view of the pond that it, too, will be beautiful. It was built in 1898, and there are exposed wooden beams throughout and there is paneling at the moment in some rooms, which looks odd with the beams, but they are going to do drywall. It is a cute, old farmhouse.

It has several lilac bushes, yucca plants, roses, lilies, peonies, Rose of Sharon, and two massive orange trumpet vines. There are several other plants and trees, and they have big plans for more. I already belong to the Arbor Day Society, but I think one of my gifts this year will to get him a membership. I think he would really like it.

One thing they want to do is bury his great-great-grandpa's ashes and plant a Japanese maple or some other pretty tree on top of them. He and his Papa were best friends, and Papa would be so very proud of him. (I do wish we had Bena's ashes, though. That is a long story.)

8605b54031aab27be14eaf24a2f4ea00l-m2937251659od-w1024_h768.jpg 8605b54031aab27be14eaf24a2f4ea00l-m2689885534od-w1024_h768.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.