The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't remember how I got talked into downloading the Starbucks app, but hey, I got a free birthday drink for it, so I guess it was worth it!

View attachment 344067
Happy Birthday, Lari! I just revisited your post here and need to wish you that. And oh, I'm not a Starbucks fan, but the white chocolate coffee drink is SO good! We had a little local coffee place that did these -- they called them White Cadillacs and they were amazing! Hope yours was, too. :bday::celebrate::bunnydance::party2::party3::woohoo:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally got around to donating some clothing I will never wear. It's a bunch of mostly themed t shirts from a horrible job (team was into themed stuff) and two rain-type jackets I got as holiday gifts at a job long ago that aren't my style and are way too big. I need to go through a few more boxes of clothes and see what else can be donated.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep! What are you growing? I'm so glad I replanted them in MiracleGrow organic soil.
How long do you think it will be before a tomato is ready to eat?
The specific kind I bought it called a celebrity hybrid. Nice! Mine are in miracle grow grow potting mix, too! Also fertilized them for the first time a couple weeks ago.

Maybe a few weeks? How long do you think it will take for them to be ready?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always use Miracle Grow's potting mix for my tomatoes. I used another brand one year and they didn't grow as well.

My positive: I've finished ordering school books for the year! :banana1:DH may celebrate more than anyone. :lol: I know it could be simpler to just order everything at once; once I know what we want. But really I do get to save money shopping ebay and free shipping. It's almost always a project. It feels good to be done! Now I have about 3 weeks before we will start!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
He’s still alive! I have been in the process of moving rocks to my retaining wall, which is where a cute little chipmunk hangs out. Well yesterday I went up with a load of rocks to discover that some creature, the roaming fox I think had pulled up and completely tore to bits about seven feet of landscape fabric that had been secured to the ground. Definitely something was hunting something underneath or around it and I feared it was my chipmunk. He didn’t show up at the feeders yesterday and I thought he was a goner. But he showed up this morning and I was just so happy to see him.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep! What are you growing? I'm so glad I replanted them in MiracleGrow organic soil.
How long do you think it will be before a tomato is ready to eat?
Depends on how big they are and if they are starting to change color. Usually a week or two after that. Pick when they are fully red and easy to pull off. If you pick before fully ripe you can set them in a sunny window to ripen.

If they have just flowered, maybe a month

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on how big they are and if they are starting to change color. Usually a week or two after that. Pick when they are fully red and easy to pull off. If you pick before fully ripe you can set them in a sunny window to ripen.

If they have just flowered, maybe a month
Thank you! I can't wait for the first BLT, yum!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
is anyone online to chat with me ? im sitting here in tears ..sorry :petcat: :bawling:
Please don't cry, I wish I could stay on line but it was a long day and I just checked the site now. I have to get up early tomorrow so won't be on too long but will try to check back. You may want to start your own thread in the Cat Lounge, just a suggestion. Hugs! πŸ€—

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn’t have to cook dinner tonight. I had to stop by my mothers for a few minutes and my stepdad was leaving to go get takeout for their dinner. So DS went to ride along with Papa; who he hasn’t seen in a while. DS came back carrying a giant root beer and Papa was carrying a small pizza for each of my (spoiled but loved not rotten!) kids. So DH and I had leftovers. :lol:

DS told me he asked if Papa would get him a pizza and told me he said thank you twice. But I was still thinking one would have been enough for 2 kids!!;) Oh well; Grandparents should be able to do a little spoiling. And they haven’t had the chance as often lately. If I know my stepdad; he was happy to do it.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
But I was still thinking one would have been enough for 2 kids!!;)
Maybe, but you didn't have to cook dinner this way. :lol:

Our vehicles were due for inspections in April and June but got put off due to Covid. Both cars have now been inspected and we just have to pick my husband's car up.

Status
Not open for further replies.