The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Want to trade? You can come here and I'll go to Australia since I prefer winter. 95 F today with a heat index of 105. :eek: The heat and humidity is stifling.

Since there's a heat alert here for today I probably won't be going out except to water the flowers. I was thinking about baking a biscotti recipe one of my daughters gave me, that is if I don't get caught up doing something else. ;)
High of 93 here in Minnesota with some expected thunderstorms just to Increase the humidity. But here in another month you might need blue jeans and a sweatshirt. You just never know.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tobermory Tobermory What a great capture!

It has been hot here, too, and there is a heat advisory today. Still miss Persia is begging to go outside. Yesterday was in the low 90's, and she stayed out most of the day. If they go out early morning, I bring them in about lunch time for a bit to check it they need the litter box, and then they often go back out again. Most times now when I go to pick Persia up to bring her back in, she tries to walk away. 🤣

She loves being outdoors so much and sleeping on the deck <3

I had some delicious leftover mexican food for breakfast. Yum, yum!

Persia was being extra cute today. She is infatuated with Isabelle, and whenever she comes in from the deck, but Isabelle has stayed downstairs, she bee-lines straight to her in an excited and happy way to say hi. This morning, Isabelle was laying down and Persia came over, sat, and stared at her. Then Persia flopped down right next to Isabelle! She was about 1-2 inches away, and if Persia was closer, she would have been the small spoon to Isabelle's big spoon. It was too cute! Isabelle growled after a second. <3

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
How in the world did you snap the pic of hummer???
The hummer didn’t come up just once; she kept going back and forth between the feeder and the window! I had plenty of time to take the pic. If I’d been thinking clearly, I would have taken video. :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hummingbirds are VERY territorial and aggressive! Some people just think they're cute little birds. I've had one come so close to my face I thought it was going to beak me :fear:And they seem to be very much daredevils, too, teasing cats like you observed, Tobermory Tobermory
Enjoyed watering this morning, as always. It's so nice being out in the yard early in the morning and hearing nothing but birds (in this case, doves). There are so many down sides to the pandemic, I know -- but one good thing for me is that it's so much quieter here in the neighborhood most of the time. They've re-instituted lockdown after people flouted the safety orders and so people are back inside most of the time. Traffic is still bad, but all in all, it's the best summer I can remember here.
We had our CATurday ritual of brushing and then catnip spray, catnip leaves, and SILVERVINE this morning...a good time was had by all :runningcat::climbcat::dizzycat:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Want to trade? You can come here and I'll go to Australia since I prefer winter. It's 95 F today with a heat index of 105. :eek: The heat and humidity is stifling.

Since there's a heat alert here for today I probably won't be going out except to water the flowers. I was thinking about baking a biscotti recipe one of my daughters gave me, that is if I don't get caught up doing something else. ;)
neely neely you couldn't get me to bake anything today unless in a mircrowave. Our AC bills go through the roof already with the heat this time of year! (Although if I could get my husband to clean the outdoor gas oven..., I'd have a cake or plum pie just ready & waiting.) Oh my mouth is just watering at the thought! Or a fresh peach pie! 🍰 🥧 Apricot pie! 🍑🍒Cheesecake! OK that does it, I'm getting out the Ben & Jerry's Pistachio pistachio ice cream! :) 🌺:silver:🌹🎆🍦🍉

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
S sweet jane flash Pistachio ice cream is so good! Now I'm craving it, haha. There is a pre-made mug of cookies and cream ice cream with chocolate chips waiting for me in the freezer after it hardens back up that will be in my tummy soon. Yum, yum! Anybody else eat ice cream out of mugs? Don't know why, but it is fun and taste better out of a mug!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
S sweet jane flash Pistachio ice cream is so good! Now I'm craving it, haha. There is a pre-made mug of cookies and cream ice cream with chocolate chips waiting for me in the freezer after it hardens back up that will be in my tummy soon. Yum, yum! Anybody else eat ice cream out of mugs? Don't know why, but it is fun and taste better out of a mug!
No, in fact I'm lactose intolerant to the point that I don't eat ice cream, but the thought of that, especially pistachio or mint chip or coffee, is wonderful in itself! Enjoy!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One of those happy coincidences today. I was on EBay looking at the shocking prices, $25 to $30, that even used Jigsaw puzzles are going for these days and wondering how I would ever refill my dwindling supply when I got a text message from a flea market organizer I knew from a couple years ago asking if I was interested in buying any jigsaw puzzles. I was able to buy four from her that I am excited to do for only a few dollars each! Made my day.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever tried Spumoni flavored ice cream? It has cherry, chocolate and pistachio ice cream and it is heavenly

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie I'm going to try it in a mug next time. Sure seems like a good idea to me having a handle on it. :silver::)💐🌺

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sure everything tastes better in Italy. My family is Sicilian and hard as we try we can’t recreate the wonderful tastes of my grandmothers cooking.
I've never been to Italy, but some of the nice Italian restaurants I used to go to served the real thing, which is VERY different from the too-sweet American version. The Italian version has subtlety, is not too sweet, and is very dense.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie I'm going to try it in a mug next time. Sure seems like a good idea to me having a handle on it. :silver::)💐🌺
You'll have to let me know what you think! The handle also helps keep the heat of your hands father away from the ice cream, which keeps the ice cream colder and harder for longer. That is if you hold the bowl/cup wow eating out of it. :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm lactose intolerant to the point that I don't eat ice cream
I frequently eat coconut milk or almond milk ice cream by So Delicious. Have you ever tried any of their varieties? I love their mocha almond fudge bars: Mocha Almond Fudge Bar with Almondmilk | So Delicious Dairy Free

neely neely you couldn't get me to bake anything today unless in a mircrowave.
It's extremely hot and humid here too which is why I stayed home and baked. It was my first attempt at baking biscottis and I added espresso chocolate morsels to the batter.

IMG_0521.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I frequently eat coconut milk or almond milk ice cream by So Delicious. Have you ever tried any of their varieties? I love their mocha almond fudge bars: Mocha Almond Fudge Bar with Almondmilk | So Delicious Dairy Free

It's extremely hot and humid here too which is why I stayed home and baked. It was my first attempt at baking biscottis and I added espresso chocolate morsels to the batter.

View attachment 343570
No, but I love soy ice cream and mochi (rice flour) ice cream. I especially love the quintessentially Japanese flavors of the latter, like green tea.
Umm, can I move in with you? Those biscotti look absolutely amazing! :p

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

View attachment 343570

View attachment 343570
neely neely just e-mail some of those to me and they'll be gone in a jiffy! :) They look ever so good!:silver:🌺:yummy:💐🌹

Status
Not open for further replies.