The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I received a surprise package, which I ordered from Amazon, over 7 weeks ago. It was 3 weeks overdue. I contacted the company, they said it would arrive last Friday; admitted they were wrong int eh ETA, and said I was due a refund.

I had lost all hope in ever receiving it; so I asked Amazon for a refund.. no problems at all.. got the refund.

Yesterday, I received the original order!! Does this mean, I will be billed? or will it be for free since It is a good 3 weeks overdue?

Anyway... glad to have it.. It was a package of masks, which are coming in handy!!
Tough call, artiemom artiemom but my interpretation would be that the refund and the masks go to you. They messed up. Amazon is not going to miss the $, as we well know. ;) It's not as if you're trying to get something for nothing, after all.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I received a surprise package, which I ordered from Amazon, over 7 weeks ago. It was 3 weeks overdue. I contacted the company, they said it would arrive last Friday; admitted they were wrong int eh ETA, and said I was due a refund.

I had lost all hope in ever receiving it; so I asked Amazon for a refund.. no problems at all.. got the refund.

Yesterday, I received the original order!! Does this mean, I will be billed? or will it be for free since It is a good 3 weeks overdue?

Anyway... glad to have it.. It was a package of masks, which are coming in handy!!
They probably won’t go back and recharge you for the package. Sometimes stuff gets lost in the mail so you refund. In most cases the package eventually shows up.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I found the plier today that I have been looking for since February. It’s part of a quality set that is no longer made and was my favorite tool (craftsman robo grip). Anyway it disappeared near the end of bathroom construction and I have torn the house apart looking for it ever since. I decided it had walked away with one of the multitude of workmen. Well today I was digging through a box of coax cables I had in the basement to do a repair at my moms and there it was! I know it’s just a tool but I can really obsess over lost things.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I put another 5 bags of beans in the freezer today. :yummy: 3 are Romas and the other two are a mix of wax and green beans.

susanm9006 susanm9006 I know the frustration! I misplaced my Bluetooth speaker months ago and still haven’t found it. It was only about $15; but it worked well and I miss it! I remember setting it down but not where! It will turn up eventually!

I had a package go missing and then show up after I’d already been sent a replacement. I’m going to send it back because I don’t need 2 copies of the dvd art program we use. Plus they were so apologetic and kind making it right.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I can't speak for Amazon since I've never ordered from them, (I try to support local small businesses). 😉 However, DH ordered something from a different co. and their policy stated it promised to be here by a specific date or he wouldn't be charged. Sure enough it was late and there was no charge.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do too, neely neely :)
susanm9006 susanm9006 I'm like that, too. And Craftsman is the best! Their tools last generations. I know. I've got my dad's tools, a lot of which are Craftsman. All are well used. And I know all about favorite tools! When you find yourself doing your own projects and helping others, you get those. ;)
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Good on ya! That's a lot of good food stored away for the future! I've had stuff go missing like that -- some times it turns up, sometimes it never does, like the pair of scissors that flew away, never to be seen again :sigh:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Birds finally found the bird feeder! I've been waiting patiently as I knew birds might not find the feeder until the next migration and when birds are first coming to the area as this has happened in the past. The feeder is practically full of seed still, haha.

Calling over Persia and Katrina, they jumped up and soon enough noticed all the excitement and looked happily out the window! Isabelle was not as cooperative, so she was picked up and placed on the window ledge, and after noticing, watched for a while. Even two squirrels came near the end! Funnily, I looked up and saw Persia looking out and a squirrel popped it's head up RIGHT IN FRONT Persia on the other side of the window, hahaha. I wonder if the squirrel was being curious and investigating.

SAM_0619.JPG
SAM_0622.JPG
SAM_0625.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Birds finally found the bird feeder! I've been waiting patiently as I knew birds might not find the feeder until the next migration and when birds are first coming to the area as this has happened in the past. The feeder is practically full of seed still, haha.

Calling over Persia and Katrina, they jumped up and soon enough noticed all the excitement and looked happily out the window! Isabelle was not as cooperative, so she was picked up and placed on the window ledge, and after noticing, watched for a while. Even two squirrels came near the end! Funnily, I looked up and saw Persia looking out and a squirrel popped it's head up RIGHT IN FRONT Persia on the other side of the window, hahaha. I wonder if the squirrel was being curious and investigating.

View attachment 343363View attachment 343364View attachment 343365
How absolutely gorgeous! Seeing these pix puts a positive light on what's been a kind of somber morning. Thank you for sharing these -- and for being tolerant of squirrels at the feeder! *I used to have one feeder for squirrels and one for birds. Because, you know, squirrels LOVE birdseed.*

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How absolutely gorgeous! Seeing these pix puts a positive light on what's been a kind of somber morning. Thank you for sharing these -- and for being tolerant of squirrels at the feeder! *I used to have one feeder for squirrels and one for birds. Because, you know, squirrels LOVE birdseed.*
Glad to brighten up you morning <3 Squirrels are one of my favorite animals, so it would not bother me at all if they ate all the seed! My motivation for putting the feeder up was for entertainment for the cats, although it is a great plus to support local wildlife. There are a couple squirrels that live and run around in my next door neighbors trees, and it is so fun watching them and their energy! There is also one black squirrel, which I've never seen in the past around here, and it was exciting to attract that one to the yard. It is so pretty!

Did you put out anything special for the squirrels when they had their own feeder?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to brighten up you morning <3 Squirrels are one of my favorite animals, so it would not bother me at all if they ate all the seed! My motivation for putting the feeder up was for entertainment for the cats, although it is a great plus to support local wildlife. There are a couple squirrels that live and run around in my next door neighbors trees, and it is so fun watching them and their energy! There is also one black squirrel, which I've never seen in the past around here, and it was exciting to attract that one to the yard. It is so pretty!

Did you put out anything special for the squirrels when they had their own feeder?
Wow! The black ones are the most beautiful IMHO and rare! You are fortunate to have this visitor. What a thoughtful gesture on your part -- for your beloved cats and for everyone who's benefitting! No, I didn't put out anything special -- just the store-bought combo birdseed. I can't afford it any more but I used to love to fill up the feeders. We had several big ones going on our Mojave land and they attracted a lot of different species of birds plus other beings living there! We never really knew who was going to visit.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Funnily, I looked up and saw Persia looking out and a squirrel popped it's head up RIGHT IN FRONT Persia on the other side of the window, hahaha. I wonder if the squirrel was being curious and investigating.
That happened this afternoon to Mocha! A squirrel ran across the patio and into the bushes, and Mocha shot over to the sliding glass door to follow its progress. It came back and stared through the door at her. She was absolutely incensed! They seem to know they’re safe. :lol:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That happened this afternoon to Mocha! A squirrel ran across the patio and into the bushes, and Mocha shot over to the sliding glass door to follow its progress. It came back and stared through the door at her. She was absolutely incensed! They seem to know they’re safe. :lol:
Too cute! That must have been such a sight! I wondered the same thing that the squirrels must know they are safe. :)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cut DS’s hair this afternoon. I kept dragging my feet on it because I don’t have any training. (I did watch a YouTube video on one technique! 😜) But he was looking so bushy! It had been about 3 months since his last cut (which I also did) and it was almost to his eyes. :paperbag: When I swept it up it filled the dustpan!

I sent him to shower afterwards and he came out and said “My head looks a bit smaller... and younger.”:flail:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 Darling Willow is making good progress with her lovins' 💖
Silver Crazy Silver Crazy Nice to hear that Blue is becoming cuddly💝

My landlord painted my deck yesterday afternoon. She told me she would be doing it
soon but didn't receive a phone call. I was going out around 4pm to see if I could sit out for a
bit even though it was close to 90. Everything was off the deck except the umbrella which has
a 100 pound base. I've lived here 21 years and they've never used deck paint or stain. They
use paint for inside, ha!! It's a very dark cocoa brown. Oh well, at least it's clean and fresh
looking. I was hoping to be able to buy deck stain or outdoor paint and have it a fun color
but I couldn't, maybe next year.

It's been too hot to spend much time outside. Another day of 90s. Oh well, good books
DVDs, and I have some series I can binge watch.

Tobermory Tobermory How in the world did you snap the pic of hummer??? Sooo cute!!

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice to hear that Blue is becoming cuddly
Wouldn't call him cuddly yet..lol
He has actually regressed a bit, I accept that as normal, its swings and roundabouts at this stage.
If its his idea its ok..but if you try to cuddle...get the band aids...he is still very precious about his personal space except when HE wants to cuddle. I get head butts but a bit further to go for me to give a cuddle, otherwise play and sitting on your lap and getting pats he is brilliant.
Its a bit like getting touchy feely with a MMA fighter.
But all very positive overall.
Jealous of your hot weather...winter here and it has been cold..hate the winter..give me 90 degrees any day!!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Jealous of your hot weather...winter here and it has been cold..hate the winter..give me 90 degrees any day!!
It's going to be sunny all day here in the 90s, no rain in sight, you would love it!

With most cats it always has to be their idea. I would love to be able to pick up Cal
for a cuddle but she wouldn't stand for it, plus she's 15 pounds.She came to cuddle
yesterday and it was bliss. She was hot as I had turned the ac up while I was on the
deck for a bit and it hadn't cooled down yet. I let her snuggle against my chest, darling girl.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Want to trade? You can come here and I'll go to Australia since I prefer winter. It's 95 F today with a heat index of 105. :eek: The heat and humidity is stifling.

Since there's a heat alert here for today I probably won't be going out except to water the flowers. I was thinking about baking a biscotti recipe one of my daughters gave me, that is if I don't get caught up doing something else. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.