The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww..I think it's sweet that she has bonded with your dad.
Green eyed monster. I guess I'm just jealous. ;)

I made palačinke for breakfast.
Yum! :yummy:

This is gonna be TMI for sure, but I got some new underwear that finally fit perfectly! Or as Mia6 Mia6 would call them-- Smalls!
Oprah always said that when you find your correct size, it's life changing. Well she was right! Hee hee. :thumbsup:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh, so over the social distancing but aren't we all? Wonder when it will be safe again?
I'm so grateful to have my Callie girl as my cuddle buddy. It's nice having a friendly new
neighbor. We talk on our decks.

M maggiedemi So, you found some smalls that fit? Great! I wear some from Vickie's S
that I bought in 1999!! Some have a hole or 2, hee, hee. Oprah is right!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh, so over the social distancing but aren't we all? Wonder when it will be safe again?
According to what I've been hearing normal will be a "new" norm from now on. Stay safe and enjoy your cuddles with Callie girl. :catlove:

I didn't post in this thread yesterday because Carleton had dental surgery. He's on pain meds and thinks of me as Nurse Ratched. :eek: But this morning he came right up to me purring, that is until I had to give him his pain med again. The positive is that he's showing signs of feeling better, i.e. ate his wet food overnight.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi M maggiedemi So, you found some smalls that fit? Great! I wear some from Vickie's S
that I bought in 1999!! Some have a hole or 2, hee, hee. Oprah is right!!
Hee Hee. Yeah, it's so comfortable to finally find the right size.

The positive is that he's showing signs of feeling better
Glad he's feeling better. I know how he feels, I always have dental pain.

My positive is my cousin posted a cooking video today on Facebook and she called olive oil "Pan Lotion." So now every time I cook, I "lotion" up my pan and laugh. 🥘 :lol::lol:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeling very good about the amount of class work completed the past couple of days. I've got this, I can keep this up. :banana2:

Completed so far: 1 Yoga activity and write-up response, listened to 3 podcasts from Planet Money and wrote 3 responses, wrote 2 papers using notes already made from environmental topics lunch and learns, and reviewed and read teacher notes on 3 slideshow presentations for my psychology class and took a 3 question quiz that counts for attendance.

On my list for the week to still be completed: 1 Yoga activity and write-up response, business owner interview and write-up, listen to 1 more podcast (my choice!) from Planet Money and write response, Assignment #3 about retirement options and plans, send teacher outline of psychology paper comparing 2 personality theories using a person as an example to get it approced, write the 4-10 page paper, complete 2 lessons for learning R statistics, complete 2 Swirl activities to help learn R, and listen to more lunch and learns and write more papers.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is that I'm back in touch on Facebook with one of my best friends from high school and first roommate. She is now a vet tech and loves cats too. We'll see what happens. Maybe a new coffee friend, when this quarantine is over of course. ☕

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely So glad darling Carlton is feeling better. How Many teeth did he have extracted?
Thanks for your concern. 🤗 He had four teeth pulled, one of them being a canine, a molar and two more. When we adopted him he was already missing teeth and had others that were cracked. Unfortunately he had a bad start in life. :frown: But rest assured he's living the life of Riley now.:catlove:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely Life of Riley indeed!! He was so lucky when you and your husband showed up.
Is he only eating soft food for awhile?

Woke up to cold temps and a bit of snow. It's strange how cold weather doesn't stop
the pollen from affecting me. I've been changing my pillow case every day which I
read helps somewhat. Callie snuggled with me yesterday. Caylee picked up a mitten
to brush her with but it didn't get any hair off because it's so thick but Cal loved the
feel of it so I'll keep doin, it. She also bought a pair of thinning scissors, ha!! I haven't
tried them yet because I'm not how to use them. Caylee loves The Dollar Tree where
nothing is over a dollar and the candy is .89 cents, hee, hee

I watched The Blair Witch Project yesterday, one of my faves, still scares me but a fun
scared. It;s going to be cold today and rain/snow tomorrow so I'll work on jigsaw, watch
another movie, maybe Paranormal Activity and attempt to read.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is several people I went to high school with sent me friend requests on Facebook. I was a little nervous because most of them ignored me in high school. But it turns out, they are as nice as pie now. I'm really enjoying interacting with them. Better late than never, right? :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
He was so lucky when you and your husband showed up. Is he only eating soft food for awhile?
Yes, soft food and I give him a little freeze dried raw morsels which I rehydrate with warm water. He's accustomed to having dry food out to nibble on but can't have it for 7-10 days. He keeps looking for it though but I will err on the side of caution since I wouldn't want anything to disturb his stitches.

My positive for today is several people I went to high school with sent me friend requests on Facebook. Better late than never, right? :)
That's exciting and definitely better late than never! :thumbsup:

My positive is Carleton slept in bed with us all through the night. First, he was on my side of the bed then he wandered over on my husband's side . :zzzcat:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Good for you, mags!! Nice to meet up with people you know.
neely neely Oh, Darling Carleton, maybe he'll sleep with you every night!
susanm9006 susanm9006 Big visitors you have there!

Cold this morning with more snow possibly. I woke up around midnight to
use the bathroom, Cal was sleeping at the end of the bed. She was making
sounds I'd never heard before. Kind of hard to explain, but sounded like she
was rolling her Rs, like they do in the Ruffles Have Ridges commercial?
But she wasn't making an R sound. I've never been able to do that. I kept
listening and the sound lulled me back to sleep, my angel girl.

Need to wash throws, sweatshirts, 2 coats and hats. My hair is so scandalous
that when it does get warm enough for a walk, I'll still wear a hat as not to cause
heart attacks.

A robin has made a nest in the gutter right outside my bedroom window. She sings
in the daytime and as night and I love hearing her.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My hair is so scandalous that when it does get warm enough for a walk, I'll still wear a hat as not to cause heart attacks.
You and me both, lol. :thumbsup: Thanks for the morning laugh.:lol:

I woke up to snow but since I don't have anywhere to go I don't mind watching the snowflakes out my window. ❄

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My DS learned to ride his bike this week! 🚲 :banana2::banana1::banana2:Last year DH was determined to teach him but DS wasn't ready and they both went home frustrated. He's always been more of a fine-motor kid than a gross motor kid. But now he's got it and he is LOVING it! :lol: We don't have a paved driveway so I was using the patio to push him off and teach him to glide on Tuesday and he got up to about 15 feet into the yard. Wednesday he was making it to the back of our big backyard but I was still having to push him off to get him going. Yesterday DH went and got me a bike and we all went to a park nearby that has trails and multiple parking lots. We chose the most empty lot and he pretty much took off on his own.

And I got to ride for the first time in about 20 years. :lol: (My rear is sore today!! :flail:) DS still wasn't ready for the trails; which are partially paved, because of the inclines. But now that he's got it I don't think it will be long before he can handle them. DH's chain bent at one link somehow so we need to fix that before we go back out together.

That old saying "It's like riding a bicycle" really is true. :blush: I probably amused the few other people we saw from a good distance. :crazy: One of the park officers drove by and smiled and waved. :lol2:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Positive from a week or so ago and a reminder to always open junk mail! While cleaning my room, I found junkmail from a few years ago that wanted me to take a survey about a new car I had bought... and inside they put a dollar for incentive! I remember getting a few of these back then, and now always make a habit of opening junk mail. I've also received free address labels and other neat things.
20200409_183149[1].jpg

And positive for today, I woke up and it was snowing!!! Took this video to share. The air was crisp and refreshing, and everything was so so quiet, except for bird and other nature noises. Took Isabelle out on the deck and we sat for about 20 min. and enjoyed the fresh air.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had three floating marimo balls yesterday, they all sank last night and two floated again today - that's just so fun!!

Also, and I'm not sure if this is really good since I'm rather worried about their wellbeing out there in that area, but I saw seven burrowing owls (I'm assuming the eighth one was in the borrow)!! and heard some meadowlarks already on my way out to see the owls :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.