The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunny here but chilly. I'll take the sun. Going to wash my quilt and shams. Pain levels are high
because of the fluctuations in temps, one day 60s, the next night 20s, but no worries. I can rest with
my furry girl and turn the heating pad on. Hope my jigsaw comes soon!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lari, so glad to see you have a lamb cake!! It is part of a Polish Easter tradition; along with blessed eggs, kielbasa, bread, horseradish, babka, sernik--Polish cheesecake, not as sweet as the ones we know, etc..

Many years ago, the local Priest would come to homes to bless their Easter baskets. More recently they had you take the baskets to the church on Holy Saturday.

I remember my Aunt, who lived in a Polish neighborhood, who would share her blessed basket with us.
Things are so different now..

I miss the old ways, during the holidays.

I have a couple of small pieces of generic kielbasa in the freezer. I think I will pull at least one piece out and have it for Easter dinner--not the same, but it is still a reminder of old times.
My Grandma was Polish (first generation American) so we had a lot of those things for Easter too. :hearthrob: No Lamb cake though; just the butter one. I do have kielbasa in the freezer from the Polish market back home. I could pull that out. I planned to make a chicken tomorrow. Gram always made a leg of lamb for Easter. That was her favorite. I miss those traditions!

It’s sunny and less windy here today. DH is out mowing to get the yard ready to hide eggs tomorrow. I need to hem DS’s pants. We aren’t going anywhere but I’ll still get pictures of the kids in their Easter attire. My redbud trees are blooming for a nice background. Everyone had sent Easter eggs to us to hide so my kids are getting 3 hunts in one. I’ll have to post pictures. Its crazy....:lol::bunnydance::bunny:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that since I'm trying to gain some weight back, I stopped doing my hour of stretching exercises at night after dinner. Instead I had a mug of warm cappuccino and I relaxed with Demi. Much more enjoyable. ☕:vancat:
Too bad you don't like sweets. Some lamb cake and Cadbury creme eggs would help you with that. How about I gain that weight and send it to you?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some positives to report today. I'm due after my couple of venting style posts.

The day started out rough with an urgent work meeting. That part sucked and I felt exhausted but after that I took a nap with the 3 cats. Napping with cats is the best feeling isn't it?! And after that my bf and I played some online games with a couple of my friends who I haven't spoken to in a few years! I'm pretty sure my friend thought to reach out to me because she's stuck inside with her husband but I'm so glad she did. I should make an effort to see them the next time I visit los angeles. And best part is I got to cuddle my kitty 3 times today. I haven't had as much time for him during the week because of work getting crazy so it was a nice day today since we got to cuddle a lot.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I met my new neighbor. Her name is Nicole, like my sis. She's very nice, moved here from a battered women's
shelter after being there 6 months. She doesn't drive but asked if I ever needed anything I should call her and
she would walk to the store and get it for me.

I won't be going to Easter Dinner at Nicole's but they are bringing food to me. Ham, scalloped potatoes, salad
deviled eggs.etc.

Snuggled with Cal yesterday as pain was bad. Just being near her makes me feel better. She's sleeping on her
bed of blankets snoring loudly, angel girl.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too bad you don't like sweets. Some lamb cake and Cadbury creme eggs would help you with that.
I actually would try a taste of that lamb cake, the frosting part looks kinda good. :think:

My positive is that Demi is getting kind of cuddle-y. It only took almost 6 years. He wants me with him all the time after dinner. I could get used to this. I don't see Maggie after 8pm, she sleeps with my dad. Those two are inseparable. It's kinda cheesy. 🙄

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that Demi is getting kind of cuddle-y. It only took almost 6 years. He wants me with him all the time after dinner. I could get used to this. I don't see Maggie after 8pm, she sleeps with my dad. Those two are inseparable. It's kinda cheesy. 🙄
Awww..I think it's sweet that she has bonded with your dad. Demi's getting all lovey-dovey after 6 years is very sweet.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Snowing this morning at the beginning of a major snowstorm so I went to mom’s early to care for her cat. She lives across from a Catholic Church and as I drove by I saw their parking lot was full. When I got out of the car I could hear the music and realized that the congregation was in their cars, windows up, and the church was communicating the Easter service on a loudspeaker. In the snow. It was very touching.

Last edited:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My positive is while on a walk today we saw a friendly furry creature with 2 tall ears and cottontail. :bunny:
On our walk today we saw two turkeys engaged in...um...er...

Well, never mind. I’m not sure it was positive, but it certainly caught our attention! :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We all took our pictures holding a sign/picture with a message, and the kindergarten teacher put them together in a video and posted it up on Class Dojo. It was just so sweet and gave me warm fuzzies.

Also, I didn't do half bad on Easter dinner although It was mostly microwaved (I did heat the ham in the oven), and now I'm munching on lamb cake.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Nicole sent down a great dinner last night. I still have half of it and the lemon chiffon pie.
Rain and high winds today and temps will drop about 30 degrees! It's fine though, I have
my Cal to snuggle with and hopefully my jigsaw will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.