The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Two positives today. First I visited an exercise equipment store and tried out the rowers. They felt really good and I am about 95% sure I will go back and buy one.

Second I stopped at a Ulta beauty product store today to take a look at a hand lotion I saw online. I dislike most scents but try a few new lotions every year in the hopes of finding one I can stand the scent of. The one I bought today is Tonymoly Peach scented hand cream and I ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ it. Now I just need to wait a day to see if I break out from it and I will be crushed if I do because the scent and feel of this cream is fantastic.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use turbinado sugar: Sugar in the Raw, brand.
That brand is really affordable at Walmart, but it's like 2 pounds. I ordered a 1oz sample size to try first, to see if I like it. Then I'll probably buy that brand.

My positive is my cases of canned cat food finally shipped from Amazon after a week of waiting. I was getting worried because Walmart was out. That's unusual. I wonder if something is going on with the cat food supply.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I just put together vanilla beans and vodka to begin the process of getting vanilla extract. A lot of the websites recommend that you wait at least six months to get the best, richest result. I dated the bottles and put a reminder on my calendar. It will be hard to wait! In the process of splitting the beans, my fingers got coated with the rich vanilla seeds inside. I’m sitting here huffing my fingers. The smell is incredible. I find the smell of vanilla so calming.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just put together vanilla beans and vodka to begin the process of getting vanilla extract. A lot of the websites recommend that you wait at least six months to get the best, richest result. I dated the bottles and put a reminder on my calendar. It will be hard to wait! In the process of splitting the beans, my fingers got coated with the rich vanilla seeds inside. I’m sitting here huffing my fingers. The smell is incredible. I find the smell of vanilla so calming.
My mother’s friend said the same amd

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I took the day off of work today and I am already ahead on my chores for today. I cleaned the litter boxes yesterday instead of waiting to do it today. Also, I don't have to cook dinner tonight. :yess:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My publications are piling up for associate professor application.
I know how excited but nervous you must be. Fingers and paws crossed for you. :crossfingers: :bluepaw: Please let us know if you get the position.

My positive is I took the day off of work today and I am already ahead on my chores for today.
I overslept and have a ton of errands to run today but it's thundering/pouring rain - want to do my chores too? 😉

My positive is our cable/internet provider contract is ending and I've made an appointment to renegotiate it today. Wish me luck!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how excited but nervous you must be. Fingers and paws crossed for you. :crossfingers: :bluepaw: Please let us know if you get the position.

I overslept and have a ton of errands to run today but it's thundering/pouring rain - want to do my chores too? 😉

My positive is our cable/internet provider contract is ending and I've made an appointment to renegotiate it today. Wish me luck!
Not really. :lol: But will take your thunderstorms. I love love love them!!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked up a bag of unsalted roasted Pumpkin seeds (Pepitas) today and gave the squirrels a treat. It’s been so snowy that their food sources have been covered. I was concerned they might not be interested in these seeds but they went crazy over them which is so fun to watch.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't write here very often but today I helped sort and pack cat and dog food for the poorer pet-owners in the neighborhood. We used to be able to distribute boxes every 6 or 8 weeks. Corona put a stop to our fund-raising activities so we cannot afford to do it as frequently. Normally the 30 or so people on benefits will pick up their own boxes but, once again, because of Corona, we will deliver to their front doors.
It was quite heavy work but I feel I've been doing something useful. Next week I'll deliver some of the boxes in the area where I work. I hope the recipients are at least thankful. Sometimes, even though they are asked beforehand about the age and likes and dislikes of their pets, they complain that they get less and less each time, or that their cats won't eat THAT!

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Just piling up still more to go. But closer than before so :cheerleader:

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I spent the morning setting up a new iMac desktop for an 80+ year-old neighbor. I got it connected to her Wi-Fi and printer and set up her email. I also fiddled around with the settings to enlarge the fonts so she could read things more easily. It took longer than I anticipated because I had to do an update on it. Took almost an hour of twiddling my thumbs waiting for that to finish. I’ll go back on Monday to transfer everything from her old laptop to the new computer and install Word and Avast. Then I’ll help her visit her frequently used websites and clean up passwords. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to write out some basic instructions for the things she does regularly. She gets confused.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent the morning setting up a new iMac desktop for an 80+ year-old neighbor. I got it connected to her Wi-Fi and printer and set up her email. I also fiddled around with the settings to enlarge the fonts so she could read things more easily. It took longer than I anticipated because I had to do an update on it. Took almost an hour of twiddling my thumbs waiting for that to finish. I’ll go back on Monday to transfer everything from her old laptop to the new computer and install Word and Avast. Then I’ll help her visit her frequently used websites and clean up passwords. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to write out some basic instructions for the things she does regularly. She gets confused.
Bless you for this. It takes a lot of time and patience.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Bless you for this. It takes a lot of time and patience.
I worry about her. She has four or five pieces of paper with lists of user ids and passwords...many of which she’s written incorrectly. And she keeps making new lists. I need to create the definitive list for her and date it so she knows it’s the most recent. She also has an iPhone 8 which she really doesn’t understand either. I know it’s safer, but I’m not sure using the two factor authentication is going to work for her. Sigh.

She sent me home with some homemade lentil soup and some Trader Joe’s hand sanitizer. :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I worry about her. She has four or five pieces of paper with lists of user ids and passwords...many of which she’s written incorrectly. And she keeps making new lists. I need to create the definitive list for her and date it so she knows it’s the most recent. She also has an iPhone 8 which she really doesn’t understand either. I know it’s safer, but I’m not sure using the two factor authentication is going to work for her. Sigh.

She sent me home with some homemade lentil soup and some Trader Joe’s hand sanitizer. :)
Maybe some kind of password storage app that she can keep on her I phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.