The Pitter-Patter Of Little Paws

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So there's this friend of mine in Indiana, name of Tim. Sixteen years I've known him, but despite my best efforts, I've been unable to impress upon him the importance of spaying and neutering and keeping kitties indoors. And now he has another litter of kittens looking for homes, and every last one of them is a red tabby with white... precious little darlins. (He swears the momcat will be spayed this time, and I've begged him not to let her outdoors again until that's been done.)

Below is the link to a couple dozen pictures and five minutes of video, all irresistible -- but first, let me warn you that the post to which the photos and video are attached includes some background on the momcat's first litter last year, and it's the kind of thing many of us find very hard to read. If I were you, I would just scroll right down to the video link and the pictures.

Tim has posted this on his online home, which is a forum for guitarists hosted by Gretsch... so unless you want to join that forum, you can't post a reply to him. If you're anywhere near Bloomington, Indiana, or if you know any potential adopters around there -- or if you just want to verbally smack Tim around for letting this happen again -- please let me know and I'll put you in touch.

So here's this beautiful little redheaded family:

http://gretschpages.com/forum/rumble...e/40795/page1/

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is awful what happened to the first litter. Your friend sounds a little careless so I'm glad he's got you to talk some sense into him.
The kittens (and little momma cat) are all adorable! My goodness, such a burst of orange surely made my vitamin C quota for the day!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Tim is great with people, but he comes from a farm family where they saw animals as commodities, rather than companions. He's capable of finding cats adorable, but not of seeing that he's responsible for more than just feeding them. I'm working on it.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sheesh. It's all I can do not to drive up there and bring home that plump little guy in the second picture myself. Somebody stop me!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carol, how can you not?!
Nope, not going to "talk sense" into you!

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're very cute. The video didn't work for me- It was just a kelly green screen

I don't like the title of his page "Free to a good home". Craigslist psychos troll the pet sections and look specifically for those words. Please consider mentioning it to him. I know his page isn't on Craigslist but still the word choice gives me the willies.

I paid for Daisy. Not a purebreed fee of course since she is DSH but I paid veterinary costs. Penny was given to me free but she was from a co-worker. I would've paid him veterinary costs but he and his wife insisted payment wasn't necessary. She was in their house in a cage for about a week so they were desperate to part ways with her. She was a feral kitten who meowed on their porch so I imagine all her meowing upset their dogs.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes ma'am, I've already told him exactly that, and I also asked him to please be observant and ask a lot of questions of any prospective adopters. He has two grown kids, both married with kids of their own, so I'm hoping they might consider taking the little darlins in. I truly CANNOT -- we have six already, and with the possibility looming that we might lose our house, I don't know where we'll live with six cats as it is. But oh... those little faces...

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are absolutely gorgeous little darlings
. I just love orange/white kitties, my fav. They would be hard to resist. Hope he can find them good, quality homes

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, cat people are everywhere! I just checked Tim's page, and a woman named Ellen has posted an excellent message about how he should try to ensure the safety of these kittens. I'm so glad he's hearing it from someone other than me!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw that's nice to hear. It is nice to know there are people out there who care and want to help those kittens. They are so darling, I just adore kittens

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Ah, cat people are everywhere! I just checked Tim's page, and a woman named Ellen has posted an excellent message about how he should try to ensure the safety of these kittens. I'm so glad he's hearing it from someone other than me!
God bless her.

Your friend needs all the help he can get

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I read the whole thread and was very happy to see her post!
Couldn't have said it much better myself!