The pic that had you adopt

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The shelter who rescued Carleton from a hoarder had to completely shave him down due to his terrible matting. They even shaved his tail which shocked me. :eek: But thankfully they left the mane around his face. His sweet demeanor and gentle personality shined through and it was love at first sight.:heartshape:

Carleton adoption day #2.jpg

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to give Maggie to a rescue but couldn't after looking at her big eyes and ears staring at me like "don't leave me!"
I don't think I'd be able to turn my back away from that.

Like I was saying earlier about Willy showing up outside my door nearly starved to death. I would have felt evil for the rest of my life if I didn't rescue him.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
only time graycie has shown interest in human food is when i make tuna sandwhiches :lol: but she is satisfied once she gets her cut after i dump the water out
Tuna is the only animal I eat and only rarely. When I do, I save the tuna juice for Elvis. He usually leaves it. Everycat else in my furmily used to love it. Oh well, Elvis is Elvis. ;) 😼
IMG_2083.JPG

*...and NO ONE else.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista lived most of her life before cloud storage. Whatever old photos I had of her before 2016 or 2017 are lost with the hard drives that went south. But this video made it to Dropbox before that happened. This can’t be more than a week or two after I adopted her.
View media item 423447
This is essentially the same curious triller that eagerly greeted me at the shelter in the intro room. 😽

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista lived most of her life before cloud storage. Whatever old photos I had of her before 2016 or 2017 are lost with the hard drives that went south. But this video made it to Dropbox before that happened. This can’t be more than a week or two after I adopted her.
View media item 423447
This is essentially the same curious triller that eagerly greeted me at the shelter in the intro room. 😽
The roaring mewer! :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob: SO adorable.
If you still have those HDs there's a possibility for that data to be pulled from them if you can find a tech capable of it. I had this done with one of mine. Just a thought.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a wonderful thread 😀

A couple months after my angel Poppycat left us, we were discussing possibilities. One thing we'd talked about was age, as we were thinking about a younger cat. We were looking at rescues all over town as well as outside of town, and cringing at the often hefty costs the rescues post.

I didn't get the video, but when it came down to it, Captain's totally shameless love of chin scritches overrode his thought-to-be age of 8. The shelter is right down the street, they keep their prices reasonable, he took to us immediately, and we received a discount ☺ (which doesn't matter, except that it does).

He has healed our hearts 💟🥰

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful thread 😀

A couple months after my angel Poppycat left us, we were discussing possibilities. One thing we'd talked about was age, as we were thinking about a younger cat. We were looking at rescues all over town as well as outside of town, and cringing at the often hefty costs the rescues post.

I didn't get the video, but when it came down to it, Captain's totally shameless love of chin scritches overrode his thought-to-be age of 8. The shelter is right down the street, they keep their prices reasonable, he took to us immediately, and we received a discount ☺ (which doesn't matter, except that it does).

He has healed our hearts 💟🥰
I love people who adopt "mature" cats. As you may know, our beloved angel Sammi was 14 when he joined us, and was with us for 7 wonderful years. Sweet Elvis joined me at 9 and is now an "only cat" at 15. Age is no bar for me; neither is any other descriptor, as long as I can provide a good life for a cat.
IMG_1825.JPG
IMG_2441.JPG

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love people who adopt "mature" cats.
I will continue to say this every single time it comes up. You people are stronger than I am and I have huge respect for you.

I honestly don't feel strong enough to adopt a pet I know is going to die just a few years later.

It takes a special kind of person to do this.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will continue to say this every single time it comes up. You people are stronger than I am and I have huge respect for you.

I honestly don't feel strong enough to adopt a pet I know is going to die just a few years later.

No one ever knows how long they will be here. My spiritual beliefs are different; I know our existence on this earth is the harshest and I know I will reunite with my loved ones in a better place in due time. While we are here, I cherish each day with my loved ones who are with me, and cherish memories of those who are watching over us from a much, much better place. For me, it's all about them, not me. My family adopted rescues and so do I. It's about me giving them the best life and most love while they are here.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have worked just about all my life in the cause of spay/neuter/TNR and adopting for LIFE, humane education, and everything associated with cat wellbeing. I've worked at this for over 15 years online, as well, and as a writer, I use my voice to encourage all of these critically important actions. It's my goal, and the goal of everyone in feline advocacy, to protect and respect cats and to encourage their adoption for life. That's a huge goal and to some, not possible; I know it is a reachable goal if all of us who care about cats work together. We were quite close to achieving a large percentage of success before the pandemic hit. That set us back greatly, due to factors I won't go into here; we never stopped and we never will. Because every feline life matters very much to us, we keep on working on these every day. Whether "on the streets" or in the shelters, ACCs, Humane Societies, rescues and sanctuaries, adoption is our goal.