The pic that had you adopt

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This will probably not apply to everyone, since some people have their cats find them instead, but what was the picture you saw of your cat that made you want to adopt them specifically?

I ended up adopting Remy and Maisie because of Maisie's adoption picture. The rescue wanted her to go with a more social cat, so Remy was the one I ended up choosing. I did decide to adopt Maisie because her adoption photo just hooked me with her adorable grumpy face.
28685683_10111564021949250_5058458484577502312_n_1521428510868.jpg

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Found it!

There wasn’t really a choice with Daisy. It was a tiny shelter and she was the only cat listed as suitable to live with other cats. She’d only come up that day. Phoebes was so lonely after Maddie crossed the bridge a few days before that I was in a hurry to adopt, so applied for her immediately. She’s the only cat I’ve seen a photo of first. All the others had simply been a case of going to the shelter.
4CD8259E-F3E8-4563-A8CF-C6D587AC46CD.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bob was a foster that I tried out with my older cat to see how they'd do, they did and do very well together. This is one of the earliest pictures I'd taken of him at about 5 weeks old.

View attachment 447619
Way beyond adorable!!! :redheartpump: :tabbycat::redheartpump::loveeyes: I love seeing the "big cat" beans there next to this tiny blue baby!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no pics we met graycie first day of meeting cats at petsmart to adopt she went right up to the glass to greet me i didnt think twice told gf then and there this is the kitten we are adopting ofcourse i had to be fair and atleast go check out other cats gf had picked out without my knowing :rolleyes: so much for things being fair and a joint decision. long story short all the cats she picked out at various humane societies turned out being unavailable for adoption.:lol:so in the end despite lots growls from graycie(she just doesnt like to be held)on our first and only meeting we took her home that day and never looked back.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no pics we met graycie first day of meeting cats at petsmart to adopt she went right up to the glass to greet me i didnt think twice told gf then and there this is the kitten we are adopting ofcourse i had to be fair and atleast go check out other cats gf had picked out without my knowing :rolleyes: so much for things being fair and a joint decision. long story short all the cats she picked out at various humane societies turned out being unavailable for adoption.:lol:so in the end despite lots growls from graycie(she just doesnt like to be held)on our first and only meeting we took her home that day and never looked back.
That’s so much like when we adopted Phoebe! I was thinking of a tabby or calico cat, an adult, but this little blue tortie kitten came straight up to the front of the enclosure, rubbing around on the bars, and when we went in (Mum needed to sit down and there was a chair inside) bounced right into her lap and settled in to have a bath. I left them to it, went and looked at other cats, didn’t see any who grabbed my attention, came back and she was still there. “Looks like the choice has been made” I said, and went to sig the paperwork. Just as well I did, some woman came in with her kid shortly afterward and started whining “I wanted that kitten for my daughter’s first cat.” Nope, you’re out of luck, and nope, I’m not giving her to you. Very glad I didn’t (not that it ever crossed my mind to do so), given Phoebe proved to have a mystery ailment that meant she had blood tests, scans, x-rays and eventually exploratory surgery to find out what it was.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista, my avatar kitty, was a walk-in adoption. I don’t remember seeing any other cats because this one caught my eye immediately. Besides being gorgeous, she was the only one who looked eager to get out of there. And she instantly warmed to me. Though her personality, she instantly warmed to everyone. She was more dog than cat that way.

I don’t know that I have her shelter photo anymore. But this seems about right.
2197D7B2-43BB-4C6E-ABFE-A22DAAB26A52.jpeg

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s so much like when we adopted Phoebe! I was thinking of a tabby or calico cat, an adult, but this little blue tortie kitten came straight up to the front of the enclosure, rubbing around on the bars, and when we went in (Mum needed to sit down and there was a chair inside) bounced right into her lap and settled in to have a bath. I left them to it, went and looked at other cats, didn’t see any who grabbed my attention, came back and she was still there. “Looks like the choice has been made” I said, and went to sig the paperwork. Just as well I did, some woman came in with her kid shortly afterward and started whining “I wanted that kitten for my daughter’s first cat.” Nope, you’re out of luck, and nope, I’m not giving her to you. Very glad I didn’t (not that it ever crossed my mind to do so), given Phoebe proved to have a mystery ailment that meant she had blood tests, scans, x-rays and eventually exploratory surgery to find out what it was.
graycie wasnt shy about letting it be known she hates being held :lol:i kinda think that prevented her from being adopted she had been there since about 8 weeks old or so. we didnt meet her until she was 5 months old already alone for who knows how long as her siblings got adopted out one by one. she is people friendly on her terms

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
graycie wasnt shy about letting it be known she hates being held :lol:i kinda think that prevented her from being adopted she had been there since about 8 weeks old or so. we didnt meet her until she was 5 months old already alone for who knows how long as her siblings got adopted out one by one. she is people friendly on her terms
Total opposite of Phoebe, then! :lol: As far as she’s concerned a human sitting or lying down is doing it to provide her with somewhere to sit. She’ll climb down over your shoulder if you’re sitting near her cat tower, and regularly crawls in under Mum’s tray table to occupy her lap (Mum always has a knitted bedspread on her lap, so Phoebe gets extra warms there). Phoebes likes visitors, too. Sadly her favourite, one of Mum’s shower attendants, isn’t coming now - she’s off at uni - I have a photo of her cuddling Phoebe on her shoulder!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this was how my meals went 1st few months after we got her untilshe just grew too big to climb around on my shoulders like a monkey🤣

Attachments

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was the photo on the Internet which started it all, way back in 2007. Sorry for the grainy picture - a scan of a scan!
Scannen0001.jpg

Translated from the German, the caption read: Blacky, ca. 6 weeks old, male, black, friendly, playful, an indoor-cat vaccinated and dewormed.
I had 2 female adult (not yet senior) tabbies but was still missing the black very friendly tomcats I had lost over the years to old age. I love black cats!

What the caption did not say: Blacky had been tortured and left for dead in a container! The vet was going to euthanise but left him overnight to see if he recovered. He was lucky, plucky, decided to live and was sent to the local animal protection charity. Hence the photo.

Other surprises: with Blacky we got flees, a fungal infection, diarrhoea, no vaccinations and no deworming. But, the biggest surprise of all he was female! Raising her paw - as in the photo - is a typical gesture - it is not just in play but a warning to other cats and people - please keep your distance. She (now called Mogi) was a happy cat being mothered by one of my older cats but went into almost permanent hiding a few years later when her foster mother died. Since the death of the other original female cat, she has come out of the cupboards and can be found, if not stretched out on my bed, always in the same room as the 2 younger female cats I have acquired through fostering and the newest member of my cat family (When I have time I will put her photo - the one I fell in love with - on this thread, even though she's far better than her photo.)

I'll try to post more information on Mogi's 16th Gotcha Day later this year.