The Others

pawpurrints

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So this is my lab, Izzy.  Sprinkles (beagle mix) is right behind her:

Not the best spot for Sprinkles to be sitting ;)  Izzy can rip a good smelly one!

Sprinkles:

Izzy tasting a banana pepper:

Aaaand my hobby -- a 125g saltwater tank (fish only for now)

This is Buster, my foxface:

Fizgig my diamond watchman goby:

The big Purple, my coral beauty:

The Tang

Lights for corals are expensive, and the ones I want are around $500, and I'd have to get 3 since my tank is so long.  So for now, just fish in there.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Great pictures, Pawpurrints...

I love Labs... I know they are meant to eat absolutely anything, but peppers!!

If you were in Australia I'd say Sprinkles was had a bit of Cattle Dog mixed in with Beagle.

And such beautiful fish!

Thanks for sharing...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pawpurrints

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks!

Izzy didn't actually eat the banana pepper :)  (for those who don't know, banana peppers aren't spicey; just tangy -- hence the face  LOL). 

I'm not looking forward to the days when my dogs try to eat cat crunchies!!  Still brainstorming in my head how to prevent it besides having a litterbox w/ a dome over it.  We have 3 floors....we plan to put a litterbox in the basement, and in the 3rd floor.  In the basement, it will be in the bathroom.  Upstairs, it will be off in one corner of the hallway.  Maybe if I face the entrance towards the wall with enough room for cats, but not quite enough for the dogs to poke through....any advice would be great :)  Kittens are now 3 1/2 weeks old, and just starting to be litterbox trained.  I'm considering covering the top of the box so they get used to a dark box now.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
A lot of people don't like covered litterboxes, but I've found them really useful.  I have two, and one open one.  For some reason mine use one of the covered ones each, and will only poo in them (maybe they like their privacy for number twos
).  And they wee in the open one, and out in the cat enclosure which has quite a bit of garden in it.  I'm telling you all this, as it's a good idea to have a couple of litterboxes per cat if at all possible.

Others may disagree, but in your situation, I think the covered box with the entrance towards the wall is a good idea.  If it has a swinging door on it, you'll have to remove it for little kittens as it takes a bit of oomph for them to open and close, and it's too much to learn anyway.

Your kittens are so cute!  What's the story with their interaction with the dogs?

I hope the kittens will be able to see your fish tank when they're bigger... Cat TV!

pawpurrints

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes the kittehs are cute. They are keepers lol

My last cat did fine in the enclosed box in the utility room. But with 3, I definitely need more.

The lab is excited...to excited. She was great with our ferret, but it was always a supervised interraction. We made sure from day 1 that she knew that the ferret was the alpha. I have to find this pic of her while eating with the ferret sniffing her food bowl hehe. We have been exposing her to the kitties, letting her sniff. She snapped at them once, but not in a mean waY...she was trying to give a playful nip but her big mouth next to the tiny kitteh was scary lol The problem with her is not aggression...it is with her size. She might crush them in her excitement.

The beagle is indifferent. She has had puppies already. When we adopted her, the puppies had just been weaned. She was also abused, so today, she's an attention hog. She's more interested in trying go get your affections than paying attention to them. She's sniifed at them, but that's about it. She's actually alpha to the lab, but she's the gentlest dog who wants nothing more than for you to pet her. She will sit and stare at you until you pet her. That makes her day!

Last edited:

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All of your animals are beautiful Your dog Izzy looks exactly like my dog Missy who died on June 20th. So sweet.

pawpurrints

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks :)  They get along great with the kittens.  Izzy is a pushover for them.  Sprinkles is actually indifferent to them.