The Old Squish Beneath Your Toes

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
How many many times have we all done this? Got up in the middle of the night and stepped right into the squishy wet of cat barf. Didn’t bother to turn on the light, just hopped to the shower, turned it on, stuck my foot in and made a mental note not to walk in that spot until I cleaned in up in the morning.

And then this morning, I step right on it again. Expletive, expletive. But when I look down it isn’t cat barf at all but one very large and very soggy Pom Pom, dunked in her water bowl and carried to the bedroom for some late night playing by my sweet girl Willow.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
:flail: I'm glad it was a Pom Pom.

I stepped on a dead mouse on the dining room rug one morning in my bare feet. :cringe: :barfgreen:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many many times have we all done this? Got up in the middle of the night and stepped right into the squishy wet of cat barf. Didn’t bother to turn on the light, just hopped to the shower, turned it on, stuck my foot in and made a mental note not to walk in that spot until I cleaned in up in the morning.

And then this morning, I step right on it again. Expletive, expletive. But when I look down it isn’t cat barf at all but one very large and very soggy Pom Pom. Dunked in her water bowl and carried to the bedroom for some late night playing by my sweet girl Willow.
I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing with you!!
I've stepped in warm barf, cold barf, wet, cold hair balls (TOTALLY gross), and walked (barefoot) on half of a dead mouse.
Also, we were gifted a cute for 5 minutes and obnoxious the rest of the time toy that crows like a rooster when the dogs squeeze it...woke up to go to the bathroom, stumbled across the room, stepped on that thing and the thing crowed..loudly..freaked me out as I wasn't even hardly awake.
Good news is I didn't have to pee anymore. =D

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Answer is keep slippers by your bed though there might be cat barf in them!
After the dead mouse incident, I always keep slippers by my bedside. And I always make sure there's nothing in them--like dead or alive critters, barf, etc.--before I put them on. :lol2: