The official "I received my Secret Santa gift" thread - 2007

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok... I called down to the post office today and talked to someone about why my package has not gotten there and the manager lady is calling me back after her lunch. They said it shows it left but that there is nothing showing that they scanned it in as recieved but they are looking and again once it leaves the country there is no other tracking.... I'm peeved... SHOW UP ALREADY PACKAGE!!!!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Ok... I called down to the post office today and talked to someone about why my package has not gotten there and the manager lady is calling me back after her lunch. They said it shows it left but that there is nothing showing that they scanned it in as recieved but they are looking and again once it leaves the country there is no other tracking.... I'm peeved... SHOW UP ALREADY PACKAGE!!!!!
Just did the same thing...mine left the US on December 22 - from San Francisco. Talk about the slow boat to China, it's not even going in the right direction!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine says there is no more information on mine... just that it left my local post office!! Now i'm really ticked!!!!!

Label/Receipt Number: LC99 74*****

Your item was accepted at 11:47 AM on November 9, 2007 in ******. No further information is available for this item.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Jill, I am confused a bit. It does or does not show it leaving the country?

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
From what I can see, it's just showing that it was accepted at the post office, and doesn't say whether it left or not.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Just did the same thing...mine left the US on December 22 - from San Francisco. Talk about the slow boat to China, it's not even going in the right direction!
I think a lot of international mail leaves from San Francisco.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Jill, I am confused a bit. It does or does not show it leaving the country?
Originally Posted by Chester&Piper

From what I can see, it's just showing that it was accepted at the post office, and doesn't say whether it left or not.
Yeah, it's not saying it left the country at all.. but the guy on the phone says it just doesn't show that they recieved it in customs or whatnot and the lady never called me back so I am going to call again on monday. I really am ticked! I sent it way early, i sent it priority and it still is flubbed up!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yeah, it's not saying it left the country at all.. but the guy on the phone says it just doesn't show that they recieved it in customs or whatnot and the lady never called me back so I am going to call again on monday. I really am ticked! I sent it way early, i sent it priority and it still is flubbed up!
I sent 2 packages off in Mid-November priority to APO addresses and it never showed anything beyond that it was accepted too. I just figured that was because they were APO addresses. (Mine did get to their destinations though.)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, hands up all of those who are impatient and sent a package off roughly 3 months ago!!!

(fishing for clues) lol

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for all of you who diligently sent your package early and the PO hasn't come through...I'd be PO'ed. ha Ha

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If you sent international priority, then it should have included free tracking. And you should be able to track it once it leaves the country. Something is definitely wrong and I'd call and give them heck tomorrow. I sent those 2 packages on December 17th clear to France and Germany and one got there in 4 days and the other in 6 or 7 days. And I was able to track them all the way, every step. Sometimes it would say something similar to what yours is saying and I'd have to click on the link that said "details" and then it would tell me more. Anyway... call and give 'em heck!!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

If you sent international priority, then it should have included free tracking. And you should be able to track it once it leaves the country. Something is definitely wrong and I'd call and give them heck tomorrow. I sent those 2 packages on December 17th clear to France and Germany and one got there in 4 days and the other in 6 or 7 days. And I was able to track them all the way, every step. Sometimes it would say something similar to what yours is saying and I'd have to click on the link that said "details" and then it would tell me more. Anyway... call and give 'em heck!!
Yeah, there is no other details, and all the tracking says is... We got it... You sent it, here's the date, heres the time... thanks!
I will be chatting the lady up a little tomorrow as she was supposed to call me back on Friday... And Saturday I was too busy before they closed to call....

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah, there is no other details, and all the tracking says is... We got it... You sent it, here's the date, heres the time... thanks!
I will be chatting the lady up a little tomorrow as she was supposed to call me back on Friday... And Saturday I was too busy before they closed to call....
Good luck. I hope they figure it out. I would be peeved too if it were my package.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Talking to the lady now at the post office. Says they don't always scan it when it passes through each office, but it should have been scanned atleast when it left the US and when it got to the other side or delivered (which it hasn't) She also called down to our main hub to a higher up lady to see if there is anyway to track it further!!!

GRRRRR.... I just want it to get there... Now I'm getting upset!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so.... the lady calls me back... says they don't handle international ..... not tracking, not dispute, but.... where you ... claims!!! they don't handle international claims locally anymore. so she gave me a number to call. i call the number and all the darn autmated thing will let me do it track it... says that the standard for my package is 6-10 business days and that there is no more infomation. i tired getting a real person and it just says that the system is up to date and there is no option for customer service. i was really yelling into that stupid thing and nothing.... no real person. so I called back down to the lady and she's on lunch so i left my number again (but the guy knew who I was!) and said he'd have her call me back when she got back in. i just need to get a real darn person to start the claim and find that darn package!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if I thought I was in a bad mood earlier I did not foresee the day I'm having!!!! :grumbles underbreath naughty words:

EDITED TO ADD:

After calling that automated number back and pressing and saying everything known to man, it transfered me to another number, so I started with all the customer service, help, person etc. again. it brought me into mail forwarding and such and finally i got a person and I asked her to connect me with someone for International Claims. So.... on hold for who knows how long but know I know the difference between certified and whatever the darn other one is now... yippie

then I get a lady, she asks for the number and says, it shows what we already knows it shows and that she is sorry that it may be lost or delayed but there is no tracking. they are not required to scan it, being priority mail, anywhere and that there is nothing they can do, no way to track it down, no way to find it, no way to get it back or anything. LOT OF FREAKIN HELP THAT WAS!!!!!

Now I just don't know what to do...

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First....I am REALLY sorry to be posting so late....I went on a cruise...then I got busy catching up on work..then I went on vacation for Christmas...then I got busy for work....but I did want to let my wonderful Secret Santa know that I DID get her gift to me.

Thank you sooo much for the picture frames (I have some Tigger and Habanaro photos for them), the 2 puzzles (how did you know that I love puzzles, the stickers, the cat journal and gifts for my dear cats (they have already "lost" them under the coach.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Katie