The official "I received my Secret Santa gift" thread - 2007

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I'm glad to hear my gift (or what was left of it) finally arrived. I'm sorry that it took so long. That's a real bummer about the gifts they held back!
All they are is catnip and honeysuckle. I specifically bought honeysuckle toys too. And the envelope was sealed! Sheesh, can't they just employ a catnip-sniffing cat at customs to check that packages are OK?
Umm...Happy Christmas!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

1 pillow, 1 sachet, 1 cat toy, all with unknown filling. They said they couldn't open them. Probably meaning if they cut them open, they won't sew them back together to make them all pretty
i was so looking forward to seeing if any other sort of catnip/honesuckle pouches would work on Charlie.

I'm surprised they didn't cup open the bag of bath milk! I can see all the wrapping paper was undone. Both of the kitty toy bag had been opened up, staples undone. The little squishy slinky toy had crushed broken plastic as if they opened that up too *cries* And i don't know if Wendy sealed up the envelope for my card, but that was open too.
I'm sorry the cat toys didn't make it through customs.
It sounds like at least most of the rest of your gift did though.

Originally Posted by maddensmom

I came home a couple of days ago to finally find a box on my front porch!!
What great gifts!

I love Green and Black's milk chocolate!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

1 pillow, 1 sachet, 1 cat toy, all with unknown filling. They said they couldn't open them. Probably meaning if they cut them open, they won't sew them back together to make them all pretty
i was so looking forward to seeing if any other sort of catnip/honesuckle pouches would work on Charlie.

I'm surprised they didn't cup open the bag of bath milk! I can see all the wrapping paper was undone. Both of the kitty toy bag had been opened up, staples undone. The little squishy slinky toy had crushed broken plastic as if they opened that up too *cries* And i don't know if Wendy sealed up the envelope for my card, but that was open too.
I'm so glad you finally got your package! But I'm sorry to hear they detained part of it. Those party poopers! I agree... they need to employ a cat nip sniffing cat!

Originally Posted by maddensmom

I came home a couple of days ago to finally find a box on my front porch!!

It couldn't have come at a better time either....I was having a really crappy day.
I was very surprised when I opened the card on the top of the gifts and it said that it was from someone other than my SS since my gift apparently went to the gnomes.

To whoever sent this AMAZING SS gift (and I'm working on figuring you out) thank you from the bottom of my heart!! The gifts were wonderful, Madden and I are both very very spoiled!!

Here's what we got:

A cute stocking with "Kitty" on the front that was packed full of cat toys and an awesome safety collar. Madden was in hog heaven!! He carries around the peppermint stick toy like a baby!

A pair of super cool fuzzy blue socks!

A two year planner with a super cute puppy on the front (I REALLY needed this!! lol)

A hanging snowman that says "Its Snowtime" on the front! I want to hang him up now!!

A Super Kakuro Puzzle book, which is really cool.

Two bottles of Bath and Body Works lotion--a full sized bottle of Pear Blossom and a travel size bottle of Freshwater Cucumber. They both smell SO good!

A Yankee Candle "Swirl" Candle scented Cucumber, Cantelope, and Honeydew Melon which I've been burning since it got here--it makes me drool!!!

A Bar of Green & Blacks Organic Milk chocolate

An adorable set of three notepads.

An elephant dry erase board with matching magnets and notepad. The elephants are just too cute and the message board matches my kitchen perfectly!!

A little silver kitty ornament of the word "Meow". (Which Madden also thinks is a toy!
)

A really cool stuffed elephant with magnets in his feet--this cracks me up because he looks like he's skiing down the front of the fridge! lol

A really beautiful ceramic white and blue elephant--so unique I love it!

And my favorite one of all -- a VERY heavy brass like elephant figurine that is just amazing! I fell in love with him the moment I unwrapped it! Just gorgeous!

I couldn't thank you enough, Madden and I were incredibly spoiled!

It was very generous of you to send us a gift, completely unnecessary but very much appreciated.
Awesome!
Very nice gifts and well worth waiting for!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Oh my goodness my SS ROCKS!!! Thankyou SOOO much!!!!You must have spent a long time really working on my presents- oh my goodness i am soo greatful! I LOVE them all!!!! The hints are great too!!!! I will be sending a pm in a little while as i think i have you figured out!Aww i just love everything and all of the effort you put into it! Thankyou SOOO much!

Here's a list of the goodies! (i took pictures of everything as well- when Colin gets some time in the next day or two i will get him to install the camera thing on my pc so i can upload them and share some of the good pictures i got!!!) My SS really went above and beyond- i love everything and am soo excited it got here just in time for Christmas!!

List of everything:

A beautiful little snowman card with my SS's favorite cookie recipe (chocolate chocolate chip!) - i will be trying that one out soon I love that she put a recipe in there as i adore cooking- so that was really special to me!

A deliscious soap and lotion set that smells like cranberry vanilla- omg it smells amazing!!! I love the little container it came in too! It will go great in our bathroom!

Two yummy Pumpkin Pie scented tea light candles (my favorite scent!!!) thankyou SS!

An adorable little coffee mug that says "Cafe Latte" in bold black letters with different font styles- i love it!

A Lindt "santa sleigh" - omg- it's Lindt chocolate- need i say more!I have already eaten Santa clause...may he RIP in my belly

Two packs of sparkly kitty balls with bells in them (two red and two green- perfect for Christmas!) Kojak has already claimed these!

A big krinkly ball- Jasmine LOVES it!!! She took it away from me the minute i opened it up -so it is officially hers lol. She is now running around the house with it in her mouth meowing at the top of her lungs and "tap dancing" with it lol.

CO Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine- she let a note that said "my personal favorite" - omg she is a lot like me because that is my favorite lip gloss too! I have already opened it up and used some!

A really soft comy throw- it's a pretty brown color- so it goes perfect with the earth tones/colors in our house!!! I LOVE it! It will get lots of good use!

Two pairs of fluffy socks- my absolute favorite kind!!!!! I will be wearing those soon!!

A book called "Your cat's just not that into you" (you know- a spin off of the "he's just not that into you" dating book" Oh man i had the best laugh when i read the title! My SS left a note on it that said "this book cracked me up! My grumpily named kitty reminded me of these stories!" - i can't wait to read it!

And last but certainly not least -and adorable little plush doggy holding a $15 Petsmart gift card for Isabella, Velvet, Jasmine, Kojak, Fosters, and Whiskey!!!! I will definitely be going there soon to get them some presents from my SS!!!!!

Thankyou SOOOOOO much SS!!! WE love EVERYTHING!!!
I really appreciate all the hard work you put into my present- it really put a smile on my face! I am off to send you a pm- i believe i know who you are with those great hints you included!! Thankyou again! I love everything
I know it's been a little while but i just had to update! When i tried to upload the pictures i took to post them at Christmas time, Colin's old camera had some pretty bad problems so we wound up having to put it in the shop to get it fixed. Between the wedding and moving into our new house things have been insane so we just recently got the old camera back. (haha after we bought a new one for the honeymoon!
) On the old one were pictures of my SS presents i had taken! I had taken a ton of them when it first arrived because i was soo excited that i wanted to share them with everyone. Only i found out the camera wouldn't act right and had to be fixed, so i'm a little late posting these. (haha i also found pictures on there of my last foster kitten, Jezabel the 3 legged kitty- i'll be posting those later in the week too!)

I wanted to post these pictures (even if they're a little late). Courtney put sooo much time and energy into my SS gift! Thank you sooo much girl!
We loved everything!!!

When it first arrived!

My Christmas card (hehe she told me to join the dark side lol)

present! check out the cute snowman!

pretty tissue paper covering up everything

Lets see what was inside:

uber soft blanket! it has already been very broken in between me and the furbabies lol. They try to steal it every time i get up from the couch!

very soft socks (LOVE these!) hehe in my favorite color too! gotta love purple! I wear these all the time!

basket with yummy soap and lotion! this stuff smells amazing!

She sent me a thing of her favorite lip gloss, little did she know this was also my favorite
Great minds think alike!

Lindt reindeer
Those didn't last long

Kitty Toys!!! Kojak has claimed them ALL for himself and doesn't like to share them with his sister lol

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adorable stuffed doggie gift card holder with a Petsmart gift card for all of the furbabies. I used it to get them some of their very favorite treats and toys! They were soo excited!

What could be inside of the pretty box?

This adorable coffee mug!! It's my favorite!!!
I use it everytime i make tea or coffee!! Thankyou Courtney!

Yummy Yummy candles in one of my favorite scents!!!!

The most hilarious book ever! It's called "Your cat's just not that into you" i love this one!!!
It reminds me of my kitties!!

A few shots of all the wonderful gifts my very sweet Secret Santa spoiled us with. We are soo greatful for all of the thought and time you put into our presents!!
You spoiled us rotten!

(thank you again to the wonderful Oscarsmommy!! (Courtney) you were soo sweet to us! Sorry we're a little late with the pictures! We love everything!!)

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pixietina

OMG i bet the UK peeps cant do this yet??
I've sent things to Germany and Canada for people on thecatsite.

The gifts are great! Glad you finally got everything working!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rickyd

this is a great idea and great that all countrys can take part
Oh that's the fun of it! Be warned about Australian customs though...

Great gifts, Nikki!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pixietina

what do the customs doo?
Hold it for a few months and in some cases remove some things that are not approved to send, but TCS takes that into account, so going to certain areas you know you need to send way ahead of time and you can read what not to send.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Hold it for a few months and in some cases remove some things that are not approved to send, but TCS takes that into account, so going to certain areas you know you need to send way ahead of time and you can read what not to send.
ooh that cool

do we register too join this?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Note to all members!

Please note that the postal fares have increased tremendously so plan carefully if you really want to send your package overseas this year.

Happy planning for xmas 2008!

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Note to all members!

Please note that the postal fares have increased tremendously so plan carefully if you really want to send your package overseas this year.

Happy planning for xmas 2008!

ahh grrr!
wel theire blows that idea!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
there are plenty of UK & European members that participate. when i signed up, i was having a real
crunch. i had the option of choosing to send w/in the country or anywhere... seems like you'd be able to send somewhat locally.
anyway, sign up is usually near the end of the summer. this last year the thread for signups was begun on 8/13.