The official "I received my Secret Santa gift" thread - 2007

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to say that I've checked my mail diligently ever since December and I'm sorry that my SS package hasn't gotten to me yet.....USPS....yucky.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

so.... the lady calls me back... says they don't handle international ..... not tracking, not dispute, but.... where you ... claims!!! they don't handle international claims locally anymore. so she gave me a number to call. i call the number and all the darn autmated thing will let me do it track it... says that the standard for my package is 6-10 business days and that there is no more infomation. i tired getting a real person and it just says that the system is up to date and there is no option for customer service. i was really yelling into that stupid thing and nothing.... no real person. so I called back down to the lady and she's on lunch so i left my number again (but the guy knew who I was!) and said he'd have her call me back when she got back in. i just need to get a real darn person to start the claim and find that darn package!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if I thought I was in a bad mood earlier I did not foresee the day I'm having!!!! :grumbles underbreath naughty words:

EDITED TO ADD:

After calling that automated number back and pressing and saying everything known to man, it transfered me to another number, so I started with all the customer service, help, person etc. again. it brought me into mail forwarding and such and finally i got a person and I asked her to connect me with someone for International Claims. So.... on hold for who knows how long but know I know the difference between certified and whatever the darn other one is now... yippie

then I get a lady, she asks for the number and says, it shows what we already knows it shows and that she is sorry that it may be lost or delayed but there is no tracking. they are not required to scan it, being priority mail, anywhere and that there is nothing they can do, no way to track it down, no way to find it, no way to get it back or anything. LOT OF FREAKIN HELP THAT WAS!!!!!

Now I just don't know what to do...
This has got to be just a super frustrating situation for you. I'm sorry you've had so much trouble.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my gift from my SS. I got it on monday, dec. 31st. but haven't had a chance to come on line and post about it.

She sent me a beautiful crystal square and in the middle it has two cats playing with butterflies ( I love butterflies!!!) eched into it. I also got a calander and two year planner, both with cats. It also came with a lovely picture album, picture frame, and journal set. It has colorful dots on it and is very cute! I got a adorable pink note pad with a beautiful cat on it and some cool paper for my computer, and a neat marker set that came in a triangle case and the markers are triangle shaped. They were very nice!
For the kitties, she sent me 4 packages of treats all different flavors, they have eaten most of them now, LOL!
I took pics but can't load them to the computer, for some reason it isn't registering that I have plugged the camera into the computer, if I ever figure it out, I will post them

Thank-you to my SS......

JEN!!!!!!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my pressie today! After we got home from hospital we walked to the mail and there was a package, which was my SS present

Thanks so much to the wonderfully generous Heidi (valanhb) for the amazing presents. It was so thoughtful and fun, and the accompanying note was to lovely!

So here we go:

Kitties helping to open the box

Gorgeous embroidered shirt with butterflies, which are special to Heidi (and so pretty!)

Stumpy: "Yeah, but where's the stuff for me????"

Smudge: "I don't know, but this wrapping paper is so much fun!"

Lily coming out for a look too

Oooooh look Aunty Heidi sent us a catnip Cat Dancer toy!!!!

Kitties checking it all out

Close up of the gorgeous shirt

A bunch of the stuff (aren't I lucky????). Cat toys, cute kitty themed pillow, magnetic notepad, kitty stocking (which had the kitty toys in it), lots of chocolate (
), a Jewelgami gook - making jewelry with origami (I can't wait to give it a go!!!), very cute cat book, small AND medium sized calendars, cute kitty themed notebook, and a beautiful cat chrismtas ornament!

But wait, there's STILL more!!

2 figurines by Renovia!!! They are sooooo cute!!!!! The colours are gorgeous as well

Stumpy checking them out

AND the cutest welcome sign which is already hanging on the door

Thanks so much Heidi, I feel so spoilt - it was well worth the wait!!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What great gifts and what fantastic timing!

Heidi, you did a great job cross-stitching that t-shirt.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, what a haul!! And it arrive at a perfect time!!
The tshirt is gorgeous; Heidi you sure are talented girl!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, i'm not trying to fish around for who my SS is, but if you could, could you please check with the post office, or find the tracking thingie you say gifts have to find out where it is? I know i was told 3-4 months, but as i don't know when it was sent, i'm starting to get worried. Thanks.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad you like it all Sarah! I had so much fun shopping for you and the girls, and stitching that shirt.

I gotta tell you, it was really, really tempting to keep those Renovia Frisky Felines for myself.
They are so cute in person, and there isn't a photo that truly does them justice. You can't even tell that the teal one is sparkly in pics.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I gotta tell you, it was really, really tempting to keep those Renovia Frisky Felines for myself.
They are so cute in person, and there isn't a photo that truly does them justice. You can't even tell that the teal one is sparkly in pics.
Oh I had that problem myself!! My SS hasn't been on since November, but I sent 2 to her, as well as 2 to my best friend and 2 to my cousin for Christmas. I could easily have kept all 6!! I did order myself some mini mini mini ones to hold me over till I can get some bigger ones! I have them on the desk part above my monitor like they're having a little parade!
ETA: OOooh! Once I do get some big ones, my mini mini mini ones can be their "kittens"! Yes I know I'm a dork, but how cute will that be!?!?

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just had a parcel delivered
It's from USA

I have to go out now so will have to delay opening it until I get back, but I'm so excited!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok peeps! The mail man litterally just delivered my package!!! I opend the box and it's full of things! I'm about to go open them now and take pics!

There are things addressed to Mooch, things addressed to Noodles, things to both of them, and things to me too!

Be back shortly! (Mooch is already getting into her pile! I hear guilty bells in the other room!
)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok here are the pics of my gifts! I PM'ed my secret Santa and I'm like 99.9% sure of who they are, but I'll wait till they PM me back to give you the official notice!

Noodles inspected the box first of course:

This is what I saw when I opened it:

It was just full of things in such pretty paper!!!

Here it is laying out:

The middle pile had my name on them, the right pile was for Noodles and the left for Mooch. The 2 gifts on top of the card were addressed to both Mooch and Noodles.

Mooch found the ones with her name on them right away.

I had to distract her by showing her the box:

Which in turn also distracted Noodles:

Who also enjoyed chewing the cardboard:

Last but not least, a picture of the opened gifts:

Mooch and Noodles received a package of Scrunchy balls (Noodles likes these a lot!) and some awesome catnip! It's so potent that when I opened the package the smell just wafted right out at me and I was like "Woooooo!"

Mooch's gifts had some cat grass seeds, cat treats, a moose/reindeer wand toy, and catnip toys. Noodle's received the same, but her wand toy is a turkey and her catnip toys are different ones. I haven't taken pics of them playing yet, but I sure will tonight. Mooch is currently in my lap watching Noodles nap on DH's desk next to all the goodies!

I received so many lovely things! The tin in the back has cookies that sound sooooo good in it! And it's so pretty! Above that are pamphlets on Hastings, where my SS is from! I'm going to enjoy looking though those! In front of the tin is a candy dispenser of a grumpy sheep (did you know my mother loves and collects sheep? She may try to steal this!
) Then to the right of that is a lip gloss set! In front of the candy dispenser is a notepad set that is sooooo adorable! Then there are super comfy socks with little pom poms on them! Noodles will enjoy attacking them on my feet!
Then there is an Eeyore magic washcloth and a magnet of Hastings!

Everything is really sooo wonderful! So worth the wait! I think the mailman thought I was nuts! I almost didn't open the door because I look like crud! But then I figured out who it was and I opened just in time for him to not fill out the notice that I had a package! After that I realized, I'm wearing the same jammie bottoms I had on when I got my package last year!
Different top though...the one that goes with it is hard to find in the dark, which is when I was trying to put on my pj's last night!

So thank you thank you thank you again to my secret Santa! I'll get some pics of the girls enjoying their pressies soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

Do we have an updated list of who's received yet?
I think the better question is who has not received their gifts yet?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sorted list

Recipient - SS
AbbysMom - Russian Blue
Abigail - Renovia
aktotx - ????
Ali012881 - ????
AlleyGirl - Miss Mew
Bella713 - Halfpint
Cairo - ????
calico2222 - Paulena
Carolpetunia - CatsAreBetter
catfriend - ?????
Catsarebetter - Twstychik
celestialrags - Jen
Chester&Piper - Kiwideus
clairebear- catfriend
Clixpix - AbbysMom
ConsumerKitty - lnbandcats
DixieDarlin - not yet received
Dragoriana - not yet received
Duchess15 - Jujubee
eilcon - katiemae1277
emrldsky - Roxie225
esrgirl - ????
felineorc - Rapunzel47
GailC - AlleyGirl
gardenandcats - tierre0
gemlady - Jenny82
Goosehazel - Pombina
Graciecat - pjk5900
halfpint - gardenandcats
Jaffacake - not yet received (SillyJilly)
jean-ji - jennyranson
Jen - sharky
Jenny82 - Bella713
jennyranson- mzjazz2u
Jujubee - ?????
karmasmom - Cairo
katachtig - eilcon
katiemae1277-snosrap5
KitEKats4Eva! - ????
KittyLover4Ever - Rubslutsmommy
kiwideus - goosehazel
kluchetta - Sims2fan