The New Guy!

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi! My name is Gary and I am a cat lover. I have owned cats since about 1981. I always loved the Persians so I bought a red & white Persian. I named him Christopher. When I lose my baby, I go find another. I had 2 Persians before I decided I wanted a Himalayan. I especially wanted a seal point. Oliver was my 3rd cat and one year later, I got a second himi. He was a lynx point we named Teddy. My wife left me and took Teddy but he did not live past 6 years old. I wonder why... Oliver and Teddy shared the same father and came from the same breeder (Whisperwood Cattery). Oliver was the best of the best. He died at 5 months shy of 16 years old. I decided to get another lynx point and found Theodore. The cat I have now. He is now 7 months old being born 06-28-2018. I used his photo as my avatar and have a couple videos of him posted here. And Oliver is posted in the Rainbow Bridge.

Meet Theodore

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-969869.gif
GaryT and Theodore, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
Blue welcome.png
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

We are so sorry to hear about Oliver :alright:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my "Cat History"
Christopher

My second cat after losing Chris was Murphy

The after Muffers was Oliver

Then came Teddy

And now Theodore

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
maybe I have been lucky but all my cats liked to be combed. But, Oliver and now Theodore absolutely LOVE combing. Oliver used to come to me every morning when I sat in the chair I always combed him in. Theodore goes one better and he jumps right into my lap when I sit in the chair in the morning. He purrs and kneads while I comb. Combing him several time a day makes the comb always glide thru his coat. And I am bathing every 2 weeks so that probably helps a lot. He likes the water. and is not too bad about the blow dryer.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think one of the things I like most about Himalayans is the mane. Oliver, Teddy, and now Theodore all had/have a mane like a lion. It was at it's best in winter. Theo is scratching now so his is gone and I am working to figure out what is going on. Both the vet and breeder are stumped. Could be food allergy. He does NOT have fleas!

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wish I had remembered(can't edit a post)

But, his skin is not red or flaking (dander).....a real puzzle. I will figure this out (I hope :))

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Theodore is paws-itively gorgeous. :catlove:

BTW, you'll get the edit option once you reach a certain # of posts and, I believe, are here a certain number of days.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: Theodore is absolutely priceless, what a handsome boy. :lovecat3: I also adore Persians but my present guy, Carleton, is not fond of being groomed. Lucky for you that your cats enjoy being combed.
Please feel free to post more pics here: Fur Pictures and Videos Only!
My sincere and deepest regrets on the loss of your dear Oliver. :angel:

Last edited:

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry you lost your baby so soon. You have a beautiful boy to give you comfort now. Welcome! I also love Persian cats. Himilayans are technically considered colorpoint Persians in the Cat Fanciers Association.
I was actually going to tag you in this thread and say they look like Persian cats but I didn't want to look dumb if I was wrong :gingercat: