The New Coat

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a new barn coat the other day. It's nice and warm, but lightweight. It has a collar with some fleece type material but is nice looking enough to wear wherever.
About 3 minutes after hanging it over the chair, one of the dogs gets fixated on that fleece. Won't leave it alone or stop staring at it no matter how many times I say no. I move the coat.
I wore the coat again, and being a slob I toss it onto the couch. I come back in and Baby Girl is chewing at the little cloth part that you use to zip it up. Almost chewed it off, but not completely. One of the other cats (the one I call "The Daftest Cat In The World") is laying on it with this half-closed eye stare like he didn't really remember how he got there in the first place but is awfully happy I bought him a new bed. :bawling: There's cat hair on the coat now. Oh well, barn coats are for collecting animal hair.
Today I stupidly left it lay and there's a small part of the fleece collar chewed off. :headshake: Just a little, it's not noticeable. Like whoever did it knew they shouldn't but just couldn't help themselves. I don't know who did it, or if it was a dog or cat, so I asked my wife what she saw. She just shrugged and said "I don't know."
She was so mysterious about it that I'm starting to suspect it was her.:crackup:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's really strange. We had something similar happen with our last cat. Our niece had a fake fur jacket -all synthetic - that Jamie attacked every chance he got. Even putting it behind a closed door when she visited didn't help because he would throw himself against the door. We never figured out what was "wrong" with the jacket.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They did you a favor by breaking it in! Now you won't be worried about getting it dirty or damaged ;).

Do you think the collar may be real fleece? I don't dare to have real sheepskin in the house. The cats love it. . .so I bought them a real sheepskin cat toy. . .and the dog ate it :cringe:.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Neither are new, but one day I placed a (sacrificial) bathrobe on (not my) chair. I miss that bathrobe. It still lies on that chair. Under the cat ...
:flail: I have a bathrobe like that. It feels like wearing a blanket. I leave it on the couch so the girls can sleep on it. Not spoiled at all!!!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
So I needed new sweaters, and I bought a new one for winter. It took about 2 min to get 4 snags from cat claws :frustrated:the most recent once I think she was fully asleep for.

I guess it’s my new kitty cuddle sweater, probably her intent all along ...

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Easy solution; It's all busted up, so let them have this one, then buy a new coat. Oh, AND hang the new coat, after wearing it!

Pops

:p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They did you a favor by breaking it in! Now you won't be worried about getting it dirty or damaged ;).

Do you think the collar may be real fleece? I don't dare to have real sheepskin in the house. The cats love it. . .so I bought them a real sheepskin cat toy. . .and the dog ate it :cringe:.
I'm not sure if it's real fleece..I'm too lazy to look and probably wouldn't understand the labels anyway. I wouldn't be surprised!
I bought one of the dogs a cute little toy and later found is saturated with spit and thought they'd eaten it and threw it up. Dug the tag out of the trash, and it said "catnip cat toy" and the dog ignores it, cats LOVE it and have pretty much given it about 87,000 spit baths in 48 hours.
When will I learn. (Probably never.)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Demi likes to go into one of the closets and swing from the clothes and coats, claws out. I'm afraid to look and see how much damage he has done. :lol: :devilish: