The Name is Cat, or mollismama

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hoping your absence means kittens?
No kittens, got sick of stressing about it. She is in her box right now and has been digging around around all day. I've given up and decided they are going to come when they come. I needed a bit of a break from here because I was getting overly anxious.

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fair enough :) Hope all goes well when the time does come. 
Thank you! I will be posting as soon as she does g into labor. She is in her nesting box right now and pawing around like a maniac. No crazy yowles though, lots and lots of pacing going on. She won't let me out of her sight unless she is sleeping.

Last edited:

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
New progress! Molli was laying on the couch next to me, she was rolled over on her back so I could pet her tummy. I looked down and noticed her milk is in! YAY! So, now I know that she will be having them very soon. I was expecting her milk not to come in until after she had the babies since it is her first litter. Guess I was wrong! :)

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just so everyone knows, she IS in labor! YAY! Poor girl is so scared. She didn't show signs of early labor, right before she let me know she was in labor she ate her entire bowl of food! Go figure she would do this and throw me off! I will keep everyone updated. Her contractions are not regular yet but are definitely very strong.

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Stefan! We are at #4 right now. She wanted me with her the whole time til she really started pushing, then she balled up on me, dug her claws in and bit. I have been watching from the doorway of the closet. All placentas are accounted for. I am a little nervous to go to her after her freak out. I will keep y'all updated and let you know if she has any more!

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is done! Not letting me near the kittens right now. There are 2 tabby, and 2 black. I will keep y'all posted on their progress! All things considering, it was an easy and fast birth with no more than 25 minutes between each kitten. The last two were 9 minutes apart.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At last :)

When you handle them always do it in her view, and always as close to her as possible so she gets used to it
Weigh them right in front of her bed, and of course quickly so as not to stress her

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At last :)

When you handle them always do it in her view, and always as close to her as possible so she gets used to it
Weigh them right in front of her bed, and of course quickly so as not to stress her
I know! I couldn't believe it. There were none of the signs I was losing for except she was overly affectionate, was sighing me, and starting to really nest. She had a little milk this morning. She also did not meow or yowl until she actually pushed.Now after all that we are under tornado warning right now.

Last edited:

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So the kids ad I have names them, the tabby nuder mama's arm is Athena, the BIG black boy ext to her, is Poe, the itty bitty tabby I the middle is Little Luna, ad the little black boy o the left is Orion. I have a book I am putting weights into and will give y'all updates. As for now, the storms have passed, I am exhausted and going to get some sleep!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
So the kids ad I have names them, the tabby nuder mama's arm is Athena, the BIG black boy ext to her, is Poe, the itty bitty tabby I the middle is Little Luna, ad the little black boy o the left is Orion. I have a book I am putting weights into and will give y'all updates. As for now, the storms have passed, I am exhausted and going to get some sleep!
So glad all is well!

Looking forward to more pics and updates (after you've had a good rest, of course...)

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So glad all is well!
Looking forward to more pics and updates (after you've had a good rest, of course...)
No good sleep here, I am having to force her to stay in the box with the kittens and feed them now. She is wanting to roam around, but when they need to eat I have to sit with her the whole time and make sure she doesn't jump out of the box with them latched on. I am at loss of what to do nd extremely stressed right now. At the moment she is sitting at my bedroom door crying to be let out. We have let her out to roam a bit but it has been 30 minutes and she still has not gone back to her babies.

Last edited:

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to be calm, if you're stressed she will pick up on it

Not all girls are 'naturals', some take 24 hours to properly bond during that time she needs to be enclosed in a dark, quiet place. Letting her out to roam will not help her bond

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You need to be calm, if you're stressed she will pick up on it

Not all girls are 'naturals', some take 24 hours to properly bond during that time she needs to be enclosed in a dark, quiet place. Letting her out to roam will not help her bond
Thanks for the info. She is staying with them. She is in the closet in a box with folding doors so if she needs the litter box (it is right around the corner). We figured out why she wouldn't stay. The box was just too high for her. She did not like it when she jumped out to get water, eat, and use the litter box. We cut the side just a bit and she went in with no problem. She has stayed with the kittens ever since. When one cries, I can hear her start purring to calm them. It is the sweetest thing ever!

Last edited: