The mouser

Timbo ba jimbo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've had my cat since she was a kitten she's now 3 years old. I live in the woods and she's an excellent. Mouser she has a cat door so she can come and go as she pleases. She's usually gone most of the night comes home in the morning and gets in bed the problem is once or twice a week she bring something home with her usually a mouse sometimes a lizard or a mole. First thing she does is wake me up to show me when I freaked out on that she stopped kinda she then started putting them in my shoes what a surpriseI'm pretty sure she brings as many in as she gets rid of I have to keep track in my head of how many critters she brought inside ( that I know about) vs how many I found I think I would come out of my skin if I stepped on one so I need a solution she's always super happy when she shows them to me so I won't scold her nor restricted movement can anyone help please

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
You're concerned about stepping on something your cat brought in?
The only way around it is to be really aware, as far as I can see. And certainly check your shoes before you put your feet in them! :oops:
Any other answers would be about restricting her movements, and you don't want to do that.
Make sure you keep up her worm and flea medications... eating lizards is a good way for cats to get worms. :(

flybear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
this made me smile ... your cat loves you and as you are probably not a very good mouser ... she is intend of feeding you too ... how sweet ;-) ... I think the best course of action is to ... maybe not allow her into your bedroom at night if you don't like moles or mice on your pillow or in your slippers and keep your shoes and clothing in a closet with a door! Look on the bright side ... you do not have a live pest problem ... :-)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
My indoor only cats used to go into the garage at night (attached with fire door open) and kill mice, skin them, and leave them on the computer keyboard for me. Yes, there were a limited amount of mice once they finished with them and they did not have access to going outside for more, but I just bought a plastic cover for the computer.