The Most Fantastic Cat Names Ever? Bring Them On!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
One of my ferals is white, with big, black patches. One is a sideways heart shape, so I named her Amore (Italian for "love" and it's a joke about the brand of canned cat food!)

jojow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I want to write a cute guide suggesting really awesome cat names to people.

Want to help me brainstorm here?
Post in this thread with the best cat names you can think of!

Obviously pretty much anything can be a cat name so let's focus on names that are somehow meaningful for felines. I hope that makes sense? For each animal crossing island names, I'd like to explain the meaning to users and which cat it's best for, so for example "Patches" describes the coat pattern is a name for a calico or a bicolor cat with patches.

I may work it into a database, so this is what I need for each name -

The name - Male/Female/Either - Meaning

So for example, lines in the reply would look like -

1. Kitty - Either - A classic cute version of the word cat

Thanks a bunch in advance for all the wonderful ideas I know you're all going to come up with! And don't worry about starting out with the common simple ones - we need them too!
I would never pick out the cat's name before I picked out the cat! I prefer to choose names that suit their personality, colors, stories, etc.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would never pick out the cat's name before I picked out the cat! I prefer to choose names that suit their personality, colors, stories, etc.
Hello and welcome to TCS! This is a great comMEWnity and I hope you enjoy it here. This is a great idea, especially since so many cats have less-than-wonderful names and their people obviously need some helpful inspiration!

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hobbes - From Calvin and Hobbes comic strip. It’s a good boy cat name, especially for cats who especially like to pounce on their owners as well as cuddle