The mogs went to the v-e-t yesterday

horseygal90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For their annual jabs and check up.

Not quite sure what to make of it... Poppet first.

The vet said that she had lost a lot of weight (was 5.5*whatevers* three years ago, now is 4) which is either a good thing as we were trying to slim them down, or worrying as it's a lot to loose in a short time.

She also said that she had a heart murmur. This is a completly new thing, so she recommend we bring her in if she looses any more or in six months for another check.

Snowball then came out, and the vet weighed her... No change at all from the 5.5 she was three years ago. Seriously, no change.
I don't know why, we feed them a lot less than before and she's not lazy lazy... She doesn't do much but still does a bit. And yet her weight doesn't shift. Any ideas?

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What food are you feeding Snowball? Are you playing with her?

Try and change her food to Light if you haven't already done so - that might help.

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this is a special case, but I have been told not to feed light by one of the very helpful members on here.
Do you feed dry or canned or both?

Merlynn has a HARD time losing weight. She's so low to the ground it makes her look like a fatty next to Piccolino, mister tall, slim and trim. But we do our best. And feeding them 100% canned, or at least 75% is my wallet is hurting, definitely has helped me slim her down.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is Poppet? If she's 7 years old or older, I would see about testing for hyperthyroidism, which can cause both weight loss and heart damage.