The Missing

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope so, the vet says she needs to be an inside cat.
An amputated leg is not a chronic disease it's a physical adjustment for the cat.
We see a lot of animals here treated as disposable things. It's why I want to see ordinances that make abusers pay through the teeth. I hope you find those kits and their mama and get them to safety.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
The reason I mentioned it is there is a clear link between people who abuse animals and people who are violent towards family members. So wouldn't surprise me if this kitty tosser also hits his spouse.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The reason I mentioned it is there is a clear link between people who abuse animals and people who are violent towards family members. So wouldn't surprise me if this kitty tosser also hits his spouse.
I have heard that too. It may have been another little kid who was doing it, I didn't ask. It wouldn't surprise me if the people who kick animals also abuse their children.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Some places have started calling out either AC or social services in the case of animal abuse or domestic abuse. They walk hand in hand and the children learn the behavior from their parents.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I caught the mom and one kitten. The other kitten may have been murdered. A little girl told me a boy dropped it from the second floor. But she was inconsistent when I questioned her, but she is only six.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh, good to hear you've captured the mom but disturbing news about the kitten. Hopefully it's not true and hope the kitten is still around somewhere. Tune up your ears for cries.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, good to hear you've captured the mom but disturbing news about the kitten. Hopefully it's not true and hope the kitten is still around somewhere. Tune up your ears for cries.
Thanks for the positive thoughts. I do have really good hearing when it comes to baby kittens.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
The average person with an intact cat allowed to roam at large are the ones creating the problem. Everyone else is paying for it. 15$ fees for an intact dog or cat doesn't begin to pay for the pet overpopulation, cost in public shelters and the ongoing misery of millions of unwanted pets because someone is so backwards they refuse to S/N their pets. None of my neighbors dogs are breeding quality by a long shot. So now that she's in the system and the county charges her 45 dollars a year. Exactly how much of her negligence as a pet owner does that cover ? Her male dogs roam loose on a regular basis. That doesn't count the numerous kittens she brings home and then tosses out when they become adult and a problem to her. Having fines and licenses that can be applied when people like her are caught would help fund better trained and better paid AC officers and their departments.

• Purraise
Reactions: RLG

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I started helping taking on the care of stray cats at my apartment complex about a year ago. Many have gone missing and it hurts my heart. I was wishing there was a thread where I could share my pain. This is Smokey, the most recent one missing. I can't really morn for him, because I don't know what happened. In most cases I assume they were run over or killed by mean people here. But it is possible somebody took Smokey in, because he was a nice tame kitty. But the odds are against that. So I am sad.

View attachment 180778
I'm so sorry, I understand

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some good news for a change, beautiful Rosemary, the FIV +, was adopted today. YAY!!!!
[/GALLERY]
Rosemary-2_resized.jpg
/88888888888