The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
A very thin blanket of wet snow this morning. Was snowing when I got to work thus no visible Sunrise.
Wow, you have snow already! It's still at the autumn frost stage here.

This one requires a PhD. and and a vast knowledge of astrophysics.
I've got one like that, just inherited it from my FIL who couldn't work out how to use it. Weighs as much as a house brick, but I think I will be able to take awesome pictures with it once I figure out what all the little doodas and ujimaflips mean.

Positive: I found the photos of the clothing that my grandmother crocheted for me. She made the purple coat, hat, purse in the top pic, and the pink vest in the bottom pick. Please excuse the ugly 70s orange paint!
OMG how cute were you! They should make dolls of you.

My pawsitive is that I only have to work a few hours this evening, the sun is shining and I have an excuse to go out side and play around in the cat's enclosure. A few tiny holes that don't really need much attention, but I like to find things to do outside.

Here's a picture of Hiro, floating above the last of the autumn leaves.

Hiro40.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three more school days until Thanksgiving break! One more until the weekend.

It snowed here this morning and my students kept telling me how they were going to build snowmen and I was all "guys, it's not going to snow that much." Most of it ended up melting, which I'm sure was a disappointment to them but positive for me because I didn't have to clean off my car this afternoon.

My brat's currently snoozing on a pile of blankets on my side of the bed.
20181115_215134.jpg

Maybe she's dreaming about how lucky she is.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe she's dreaming about how lucky she is.
Nope, I would bet she is dreaming about how lucky you are:lol: So lucky she is there to keep the bed warm for you. Lucky she is there to clean up the food you keep putting on the floor. Lucky she is there to use that tray of dirt you keep in your house, otherwise it would have no purpose. Have a lovely Friday Lari.

Norachan Norachan We have had a few light snow falls and got the first of the slightly heavier snow falls last night and this morning.

IMG_3399.JPG

Jcatbird Jcatbird I didn't think I would come across as many cat themed music boxes as I have thus far. Makes me wonder what the next one will be. I would be amazed if I found one cuter than the kitten, horse and baby lullaby.

Have a great day / night everyone.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
@Mamany1953 How nice to get those good pots and pans! I know how wonderful that can be. I inherited quite a few, from my grandmother's cast iron skillets to my mom's international cookware, almost all of which is of better quality than what I had. So I kept the best of mine and added it theirs, and I now have a respectable kitchen full of cookware! *I like Enya, too*
Ladies, don't forget eBay for clothes. I've gotten some really nice bargains there, from foundations to tops. Their customer protection policies are great, too. It's all PAWSitive to me!;):yess:
Oh yes there's a lady I buy foundation stuff from. She's great and gives me a huge break on shipping. I buy tons on ebay. I do miss selling on there. I used to sell blue jeans and paperback romances on there back when they first started .and shipping costs were cheap. Then when Ebay changed their policies for feedback and upped costs to ebay store I quit and went to flea markets. I wish they would go back to 5 cent listings for Ebay stores because I would go back to selling paperbacks online in a heartbeat. I've got several friends on Facebook who are my customers! Ive shipped all around the world and met some really cool people!

Anyways yes Jcatbird Jcatbird I got the message you posted. I think your phone might have started you typing inside of the [ /quote ] command box.

But no worries I figured it out!

@1bruce_1

We got snow this morning! It was so cold and pretty! Winds were whipping around when cleared off the truck to get to work.

I should have taken some photos before I left but got this one in the next town over.

20181116_055528.jpg

This one was just sent to me from Jon.

20181116_074949.jpeg

Honeybee is gonna be so mad!
Here's a photo of my neighbor across the way...such pretty snow!
IMG956388.jpg

M maggiedemi what a smart little girl!! My girls won't get in the carrier without some persuasion. Floey used to sleep in it if I left it out.

One afternoon I had to take Honeybee to the vets..I remember sticking her in the cage and heard a hiss. Which didn't sound like her's at all! I then shut the door and lifted the cage. I nearly snapped off the handle! It was that heavy! I set it down looked in and saw 2 sets of eyes staring at me! :lol2: Floey had made herself comfortable in there then I put Honeybee in there..poor Bee good thing Floey didn't bite her or attack. I think Floey was shocked that someone woke her up :lol2: so now I always check inside before sticking a cat inside the carrier! :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had to go to the doctor yesterday for a bad cough that I couldn't shake. :disappointed: But the pawsitive is the doc gave me a sample medication and I should be feeling better by Thanksgiving. I told Carleton I needed extra cuddles last night and he happily obliged. :catlove:

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely I am so sorry you are sick! I am very glad to hear that a simple medication should do the trick. I am sure Carleton will be the best care giver ever. It’s nice to have someone to snuggle with when you feel bad.

foxxycat foxxycat Ah! That explains it! Thank you for the tip! It was driving me silly trying to correct it. Next time that happens I’ll know why.:lol:

Shane Kent Shane Kent That was a very special music box. I just love it. I guess there a lot of cat music boxes because people love cats! A very positive thing! Now you have more than one kind of “cat box”!;) I like the musical ones the best but I guess we can’t do without the other kind.

Norachan Norachan The picture of a floating Hiro is so great! Perfect photo of beautiful Hiro!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Awww! I love the little leaning tree! It kind of makes me think of the little Christmas tree in the Charlie Brown Christmas show. Of course, I always pick the kitten that is the runt of the litter too.;) Both touch my heart.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@NY cat man Thanks (and to everyone else, too!) for liking my little tree. Actually, that little tree came from upstate NY. The folks who built the house, who we bought from, were from there, and on a visit, they got that little tree, brought it back, and planted it. Out in the Mojave there are very high winds, which is why the little tree grew like that. 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 Yeah, it may be like that, but it's resilient. I actually used that picture, cropped, for a holiday card I made online one year.

foxxycat foxxycat ROFLMMTO about two cats being in the carrier-- no wonder it was heavy with those two behemoths in it! :lolup::redtabby::redtabby:

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine gorgeous pic.

neely neely C.A.T. is always best for what ails ya, don't you agree? Cats can be so solicitous of our wellbeing and so compassionate when we are under the weather. (Not to mention, WARM and SOFT.)

I have a Big Blue laptop who won't settle on his red cat blanket. He is purring, though. :petcat:
IMG_0885.JPG
*Big yawning Blueness* :redheartpump:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent - she wouldn't be wrong. I'm very lucky to have a Lelia in my life. I feel blessed every day that she walked into that trap and allowed herself to be socialized so she could be adopted by me.

It's Friday lunchtime, and I have a few more minutes to relax before I have to dive back into the madness. A little peace and quiet when you teach preschool is one of the most positive things out there.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari I can imagine the decibel level can be extremely high! Not to mention the energy level. SO wonderful to have such a sweet and beautiful cat to come home to -- Lelia really is a lovely girl!
My Big Blue finally curled on my lap. *The bigger the cat, the greater the warmth* :yess::cutecat:
IMG_0543.JPG
*My very handsome Big Blue, Elvis* :redheartpump::loveeyes:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, how sweet. Thank you. :)

foxxycat foxxycat --It's all in the tone of the voice, I just make it sound really exciting, so the cats will do whatever I say. Their eyes nearly bug out in excitement. Great snow pics, you better get busy shoveling/sweeping off Honeybee's porch. :D

Shane Kent Shane Kent --Nice shot of the Canadian snow...The music boxes are definitely my favorite now, though I do like the jewelry. :)

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Pretty winter scene, that could almost make a person like winter. Almost...:)

Positive: I don't know if anybody else uses landline phones anymore, but ours died, and we found a really great deal at BJs for a vtech with 3 cordless handsets. Everybody knows how I love a bargain, so I'm happy. :thumbsup:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Norachan Norachan is right. They SHOULD make dolls of you. :)
And I keep my landline for a couple of reasons. The last phone I bought was on eBay for next to nothing. It's pretty lightweight, but it's a phone for the master bedroom, which is what I needed. I have extensions all over the so I never miss a robocall :cringe: And I love a bargain, too, as you know. I get so much stuff on eBay these days. I prefer it over amazon so much.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I prefer eBay too! I don’t do as much shopping these days but I use to be on eBay a lot. Good deals and just a fun place to look around. We used to call it “window shopping” but now the windows are actually screens or monitors! Lol
My positive today is that one of my rescues , although feeling less well than usual, checked out okay when I took her to the vet. The neighbors have been pretty loud lately and the vet thinks she is just a little stressed out. Whew! Thank goodness! We were very lucky that they were able to work us in. I guess there is an advantage to having brought 100 or so new patients to them. :lol: Spays and neuters for months! There seems to be a positive side to most things if you look closely enough. I am positively happy that I only have one left to neuter!
Have a great night everyone :)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, you have snow already! It's still at the autumn frost stage here.

I've got one like that, just inherited it from my FIL who couldn't work out how to use it. Weighs as much as a house brick, but I think I will be able to take awesome pictures with it once I figure out what all the little doodas and ujimaflips mean.

My pawsitive is that I only have to work a few hours this evening, the sun is shining and I have an excuse to go out side and play around in the cat's enclosure. A few tiny holes that don't really need much attention, but I like to find things to do outside.

Here's a picture of Hiro, floating above the last of the autumn leaves.

View attachment 262381
Hiro looks like our "No holding or kissing, just pets please" cat.
Pet her and she's a doll baby flopping around your feet, and can't get enough of that darned petting.....pick her up and she freezes stone cold and slams her front feet in your face and can push against you like Iron Man.
Nothing super pawsitive today except for the fact I drove about 95 miles today, and didn't hit a single patch of ice. It did snow for a little bit, but I got a nice 4 wheel drive that handles snow well, and as weird as this is I'm more confident trudging along some un-plowed back road at 15 mph than I am hitting the highway that only the bravest soul does 40.
I got AAA and friends in low places that I can call on, so I worry more about a 30 car pile up and less about going in the ditch. :thumbsup:
As always, coming home to a nice warm house with a huge tribe of critters happy to see me is just so damn lovely. :cloud9:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
My positive is that I've had a 'preserve the spider-home day' :thumbsup:
I was met with a problem.. how to access the shovel from the garden shed without disturbing the beautifully constructed spider and it's web. (excuse the appalling state inside.. that's a job for another day...)

I'm very happy to say that, by squidging in on my stomach, I managed it, returning the way I came in, with shovel. :D

View from inside the shed. Much more pleasant.:)

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was met with a problem.. how to access the shovel from the garden shed without disturbing the beautifully constructed spider and it's web. (excuse the appalling state inside.. that's a job for another day...)

I'm very happy to say that, by squidging in on my stomach, I managed it, returning the way I came in, with shovel. :D

Beautiful web. But horrendous spider lol ughh. They do freak me out.

TGIF! This weekend we'll have to buy some packing materials and start packing. It's exciting because we'll be moving to a much better apartment.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise

Wow! What a spectacular picture and a gorgeous web! The perfect web with the sun shining through it is so beautiful. I don’t want them in my house, but I think spiders are fascinating. If I can get to them before the cats do, I capture spiders and take them outside. I’ve even trained The Spouse to save them!

Status
Not open for further replies.