The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I know, I do too! My aunt, all 4 feet something of the little spitfire, says it sounds "hillbilly" and "too country" but I love it. For some reason whenever we went over there to visit her, or when she came out to visit us, I'd be left talkin' like thayat for quaht awhahl. :lolup:
RIP to your little nephew
My PAWSitive? *Three cats have me* :cloud9:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
M maggiedemi We make scented candles :)
I'm working on learning to crochet, but I'm not sticking with it long enough to really make any headway LOL

RIP furry fellow - if you can, from your big doggie park in the heavens send down some good vibes for Martin Truex Jr.
Denver is such a moronic town nowadays that this NASCAR racing team didn't get any support/recognition when they won (they WON the championship--awesome driving) last year. They look to be in serious contention this year to defend that title, and then will move out of Denver to a different team for 2019.
Hopefully this town can at least work up something for them this year.

Positive, although it's very chilly outside, there is a little bit of sunshine now and then and maybe Sunday there will be some snow for moisture.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Princess Kitty this morning before I left for work.

IMG_3174.JPG

"Have a nice day daddy. See you in the PM." :lovecat2:

Work this morning. This is the most bland time of year in Ottawa. The snow really brightens things up when it arrives.
IMG_3183.JPG

This was Karen's view when she got to work this morning. She wants one for the back of her car.

IMG_3184.JPG

I whited out the person's license plate because I think you are supposed to do that? Karen doesn't know the person.

I found this on the way home. Three dollars and it is in purrrfect condition, got to love thrift stores.

CatTeaPot.JPG

I got the tea cups, creamer and coasters to go with it. Now I just need a sugar bowl.

Have a good night / day everybody:)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I just got a call that my hearing aids are in, and I will get them on Wednesday! I haven't heard crickets or bird song in 40 years, and they KNOW I will hear them in my right ear. Left is a strong maybe.
That's pretty amazing! The hearing aids will help! Unfortunately they didn't work for me but I know many people who have had good luck with them. The digital ones are able to be finetuned to your hearing issues. The biggest thing that made it hard for me was the little tube that goes into your ear. I just couldn't get used to it. I tried a shorter one but it didn't work for me but there are hundreds out there who have gotten good results from them!

A pawsitive is Honeybee convinced me to let her out for a quick 10 minute jaunt around the yard. She got mad at me when I picked her up and try to wrap my coat around her as she was shivering but insisted that she was fine and to let her poke around. I got a few pictures too.

20181108_163746.jpg

20181108_161537.jpg

She was chewing grass and had this weird expression on her face.

Furballsmom Furballsmom the candle making sounds relaxing. Ive had some experience in both knitting and crocheting. I find crocheting easier. It is a nice thing to do with one's hands.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I was thinking about what you said earlier a few pages back about how your reaction to death when you were younger was normal! I remember my Grammy passed when I was 6 and I don't remember being upset either but she was someone we saw once a year at Thanksgiving so I don't have many memories of her. As for aspergers there's a few quizzes that you can do online. I've done all of them and always scored a 36 on each one. The lower the number the less chance of having asperger's. My family has a few members who have it so it's possible I inherited it. I wish I knew about this stuff as a kid n teen. I often had meltdowns and other issues with changes in my schedule. Now as an adult I have studied up on it and I find myself nodding my head in agreement with the majority of what I have read. It's like someone turned a light switch on in my once dark gloomy mind. Knowledge helps dispell fear and depression. For years I always wondered why I acted like a 13 year old and never seemed to mature. It took a very astute family doctor to help me cope with the new knowledge and adapt.

Now a pawsitive is I've met other adults who have learned to adapt to this issue and they give me hope for the next generation that they don't have to go through the stuff my generation and your generation went through. Knowledge is power. I am so glad more parents are able to recognize the signs at a younger age so the child has a better chance of survival during the teen years. Everything makes sense now. And I'm not a moron or dumb. Hugs tarasgirl!!!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats - and especially former ferals - are amazing little beings; they're far more sensitive to the needs of others than Humans will ever be.

This morning, Moo Shu was at the sink with the water running when I got up, and Peanut - now beginning to show his age at nearly 22 years - had made his way up onto the counter somewhat labouriously, and was headed for the sink. Moo Shu made a little chirp, and jumped up onto the windowsill to allow the 'old man' to get his drink in peace.

This afternoon, Bob was dozing in one of the beds against the heat register and Lance - up in years as Peanut is, and moving a little more stiffly these days - headed toward the row of cat beds against the baseboard heat. Bob roused himself, vacated the bed, and moved to the sofa - apparently giving up his cozy spot intentionally.

I had chicken for dinner this evening, and White Tip is really the only cat here who's crazy for chicken. I pulled a few pieces apart for her, and put them in a bowl as a treat. Half way through, she glanced up to see Mirò watching her intently, and stepped back from the bowl to allow Mirò to try 'her' chicken.

I see interactions like this between cats every single day - they make room for one another, give way to one another, and sometimes even conspire with one another to help one of their Family members. They don't fight, they don't squabble, nor do they simply ignore one another. In short, they are - as individuals - all the things which God surely wished Humankind to be when He made them.

There is, in them, no trace of avarice, no pride, no arrogance, no conceit, no cruelty, no deceitfulness, no hypocrisy, no ferocity, no jealousy, no envy, and I am Blessed to have had the opportunity to share my Life with them.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unconditional love is a hard thing to hold onto isn't it? But if one truly applies themselves they will make it possible. Unconditional love has saved so many people. It's something money can't buy and it's one of those things that I feel you either got it or you don't. I love hearing the stories of other people's friendships and examples of unconditional love. It's the one thing that is a bright light in my life today after getting some horrible news about a dear friend. Since this is a pawsitive thread the pawsitive is Honeybee is sleeping on my chest while I contemplate the deep understandings of our souls. Sometimes there is no words that can explain someone's connection to one another but a feeling of calm and acceptance regardless of what life throws us.
There's something really cool about knowing someone so well that you don't even feel the need to make small talk, and silence isn't this awkward thing but a nice, comfortable, amiable quiet.
Without knowing the details, I hope the best for your friend.
Pawsitive: I managed to squirrel my solitary dinner away from the hoards of (Edit, I think my computer system has a ghost!) hungry animals.
Cats - and especially former ferals - are amazing little beings; they're far more sensitive to the needs of others than Humans will ever be.

This morning, Moo Shu was at the sink with the water running when I got up, and Peanut - now beginning to show his age at nearly 22 years - had made his way up onto the counter somewhat labouriously, and was headed for the sink. Moo Shu made a little chirp, and jumped up onto the windowsill to allow the 'old man' to get his drink in peace.

This afternoon, Bob was dozing in one of the beds against the heat register and Lance - up in years as Peanut is, and moving a little more stiffly these days - headed toward the row of cat beds against the baseboard heat. Bob roused himself, vacated the bed, and moved to the sofa - apparently giving up his cozy spot intentionally.

I had chicken for dinner this evening, and White Tip is really the only cat here who's crazy for chicken. I pulled a few pieces apart for her, and put them in a bowl as a treat. Half way through, she glanced up to see Mirò watching her intently, and stepped back from the bowl to allow Mirò to try 'her' chicken.

I see interactions like this between cats every single day - they make room for one another, give way to one another, and sometimes even conspire with one another to help one of their Family members. They don't fight, they don't squabble, nor do they simply ignore one another. In short, they are - as individuals - all the things which God surely wished Humankind to be when He made them.

There is, in them, no trace of avarice, no pride, no arrogance, no conceit, no cruelty, no deceitfulness, no hypocrisy, no ferocity, no jealousy, no envy, and I am Blessed to have had the opportunity to share my Life with them.
I've noticed similar things here.
The more you have, the more you start seeing this family, or "pack" (I prefer family) dynamic. We have a few that love to bicker, but there's never been injuries.
When Baby Girl was injured, we kept her in a large dog cage to keep her from hurting herself worse. We made a big, cushy bed out of a fluffy comforter, placed her on it, and covered her and her little head (so her face was showing) in her favorite blue blankie.
Her favorite dog, her best friend, lay by the cage until I opened the door, and they gently stepped in, gave her a friendly "hello, my friend" sniff and then lay beside her. Dog wasn't "guarding" her, just wanted to be with her while she was sick.
We have a female cat that has a history of being a bully and the other cats usually avoid her, but our asthmatic cat adores her and she lives for him. They remind me of a high school sweetheart couple. When he's not feeling well, she not only cuddles up beside him, but grooms him head to tail, refuses to leave his side, and purrs quietly to him. When he spent time at the vets in hospital, she spent 3 days walking around and crying.
We have litter mate brothers who are so attached to one another that they never really "Got" human companionship. When they were half grown, they were still up for adoption and a family chose one of these cats and took him home. A week later he was back, the cat was terrified and wouldn't come out of the bedroom. The family was sad to bring him back but knew he was unhappy. When they brought him back and opened his carrier, he bolted out, over to his brother, and it was like watching the "Christian the Lion" reunion. We decided they both would stay with us, together, for life.
Cats are so subtle and so wild at heart, that when we crack that "code" to how they communicate quietly with each other and keep the peace this way, it not only makes us feel like we've learned a valuable lesson about the species we share our lives yet (but are never really "ours"), but it makes us better people persons, too. A subtle look on someones face that something is wrong might make you pay attention when everyone else doesn't "see" it, because we learn how important this subtle stuff is. Very pawsitive indeed.

Last edited:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 amongst the many good writers here, you two are especially enjoyable to read. Thanks for that :)

Positive, all the candles are done and so far are looking good in their glass containers.
Good on the candles!! My wife always loved the 5 wicked ones, they made an impressive glow but with the asthmatic cat, candles are a no go (no glow?) for now. :wink:
I had a funny morning today in which I had to talk, a lot. I like to talk with people of all ages, and get a feel for if they're "business, all business" or if they like to do some banter and joking and (luckily for me!), it was all jokes, fun, and...business as usual, but it was enjoyable.
I didn't realize until later how exhausting it is to talk to people for hours on end.
Our animals all like to hear us talking to them, but I can hang out with them for hours and not say a word and everyone is feeling pretty chill, and pretty understood. Hanging out with a person for 15 minutes without saying anything (provided I don't know them well) is awkward and small talk takes hold. This isn't a bad thing, but it's an interesting take on how we (as a species) rely on verbal communication with each other, but animals don't.
I read somewhere (maybe it was here) that cats only rarely use meows or verbals to communicate with one another, but they reserve that for us. They're fascinating.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent I like the teapot! That would be a great set!
foxxycat foxxycat Thanks. I got a 26. I think the quiz is not necessarily very accurate, because I might answer some questions one way today and another way tomorrow, depending on how I perceive things. I do definitely think I have this. When my mom was at the ending of life here, the relatives converged on the house, and my ex said something to one of my cousins who apparently made some kind of remark about my being unemotional (I didn't hear it) about me just "being like that." I think I'm overly emotional, but for quite awhile, I have tended to keep those things inside, because I don't really feel comfortable showing them to others. My mom and I were best friends, but that particular cousin who made some sort of comment about me, had been engaged in a lot of manipulation of my mom, for nefarious purposes, I absolutely believe.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 SO agree! I don't suppose either of you guys has watched, "SUPER CATS" on PBS? Three episodes have aired so far, and I think that may be all. They're very worth watching if you get a chance. There's very definitely a lot going on in there, with cats; and the family dynamic can be very strong in them, as I know from feral Maa and her many progeny including Nila, Maya, Tara, and RK. These days, I enjoy running conversations with Tarifa, the most vocal of my three; we'll go back and forth for quite awhile. And I have definitely known that cats grieve lost loved ones, very deeply. They have a lot of compassion for loved ones who are sad, grieving, or not well, too. My angel Rani was very much like this with me.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I got a "MicroChip Notice" on a cat that disappeared shorty after Mom passed away ( 5 years ) . Queenie is doing fine with her new owner a few blocks away. She had injuries so I will share the vet bill. Another yard cat previously adopted by someone has returned to my yard obviously abandoned and hungry. She is more feral than before but is safe and fed daily. She looks fine .
Now I will continue to relax at The Cat Site with my cat family ... :hellocomputer:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Yes, Texans are crazy. I should know - I was born in Austin. Growing up, I always wanted a pool party for my birthday in early March. I didn't ever have one - not because it was too cold, mind you, but because we never got a pool.

PAWsitive today is that the chimney and ceiling are completely fixed, painted and cleaned. And my bathroom refresh projects are almost complete. My husband said "why are you killing your self regrouting tile and caulking and painting if you want to remodel the bathroom eventually?"
"Because it's gross now!"
I always like doing stuff like that, even in rentals. I also went to the thrift store today, and got some great curtains to spruce things up in the guest room. The chimney repair guys said it might snow on Sunday - so this Texan will finally get to see what real cold is like. None of this 70-degree cold front stuff out here!

What beautiful observations. Thank you for noticing and sharing those moments of pure goodness with us.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got a call that my hearing aids are in, and I will get them on Wednesday! I haven't heard crickets or bird song in 40 years, and they KNOW I will hear them in my right ear. Left is a strong maybe.
Wow I'm really happy for you! A great and sweet person like you totally deserves these upgrades! Enjoy. :)

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , I couldn't have said it better than tinydestroyer tinydestroyer has said, that these observations are of pure beauty and pure goodness, something that this World needs so badly and I, also thank you for posting these words.

Today I activated my online Advent Calendar that I have been subscribing to for the past two years and it will be all set to go when Advent begins. This year's Calendar is very beautiful as in the past two.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --Thanks. :redheartpump: I haven't watched much Nascar since Dale Jr. and Danica left, but I want to get back into it. Who are your favorite drivers?

Shane Kent Shane Kent --Cute license plate & tea kettle, and Princess Kitty too of course. Please don't wish the snow here yet though. :)

tinydestroyer tinydestroyer --My brother's apartments in Dallas always had pools. He just bought a house, I forgot to ask him if he has a pool now.

foxxycat foxxycat --Beautiful pic of Bee. My grandma used to crochet clothing for us, I'll show you some pictures when I find them.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --You have very special cats. You're right, we humans can do better. :)

Positive: I love how when Demi needs something, he will pass by everyone else to come find me. He'll meow to say mama, follow me. Then he leads me to whatever he wants, because he knows I will understand. :heartshape:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I bow to your culinary prowess. At this point in my cooking adventures, I shall continue to let the experts tell me what will go together.

I went to zumba tonight. I can't really do the shaking and shimmying right, but I always end up sweaty, which I guess is the point. And it's kind of fun.

And S got a new carrier today, too! The bf bought a cheaper one than my sleepypod, but it's a definite upgrade from this huge...it was almost like this tent/kennel sort of thing without a handle and takes up the whole backseat leaving no room for Lelia that S has now. Plus we now have another box in the front room, which is always a pawsitive for the cats.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today was a pretty good day! My DD helped me with a mountain of laundry. We got almost all our school work done (everything but Health and thats easy to catch up in). And then I pulled pierogi and kielbasa out of the freezer for dinner. I usually stock up on those when I visit my family where there is a good Polish market. I'll be having a visit with my Dad soon so he said he would go get me more to refill my freezer too. :yummy:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning / evening everybody:)

Everything was covered in frost this morning and the Sunrise was another colorful one. Ottawa at 6:45 AM.
IMG_3220.JPG

Yesterday a contractor was walking through the building on his way out when he said "Wow, what is with the huge cat tree". I guess it isn't something you would typically see at a construction company but what better place to build one:)

IMG_3227.JPG

I still have a bit of wood to be cut and carpet to be glued. Same size and design, the modified kittypa perch, as the one I have at home. I started it but put it away because of the trips to the cottage I did not have time to finish it. Now with the colder weather I will stay late at work one night soon and complete it.

Have a great day / night everyone:)

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mondo woke me up super early this morning for a walk, which is unusual, so I thought he might have an upset tummy again. Instead, when we went outside at 4am, it was SNOWING! Super Pawsitive!

Well, I later learned it was only barely snowing, and the proper term for it would have been "a frost" - as Shane Kent Shane Kent showed us the beautiful one in Ottawa this morning. Semantics aside, I have proof that some of it was coming from the sky, at least:
IMG_1102.JPG

Mondo and I were so excited, and spent the better part of an hour on a long jaunt through the frosty streets. It was so cool! Mondo must've had an instinct that it was snowing, being a Husky ;).
When we got back inside, the inside was nice and toasty and the kitties were still asleep. I scooped up Mog (the heavy sleeper,) and laid him in my lap to warm me back up, and dozed that way for another hour or so. I can't wait for the real snow to come, and I know Mondo feels the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.