The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wish I was there. Right now I am once again stuck behind a bunch of security clearance paperwork. Which of course is the least favorite part of my job. Very, very, very boring as it is the same thing over and over. Thankfully I don't do it day in and day out all year long.

The flowers are starting to pop out here this week :)
View attachment 235263
@Shane Kent - Now that's a stunning Iris!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine The day you find a pol who cares about anyone, please, please, PLEASE let me know. Let us ALL know. (Well, to be PAWSitive, some of our local and state ones are pretty cool. Before they get too big for their britches and succumb to the allure of money, power, and cigars. Or something. :insertevillaugh:
@tarasgirl06 - The only one I'd speak up for is Rep. Chris Collins, right here in tinytown. Congressman Collins has made a sincere effort to remain in touch with those he represents, and even his staff is under his admonition to remember that they work for the taxpayers, and not the other way 'round. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that I share your views with that single exception.

Now here's someone in the middle of the road that I'd vote for any time:

foxdinner.jpg

I was probably 100 yards back on the return trip to the house tonight when I turned 'round and saw her looking back at me. She's finally begun to put that, "I Am The Great Foxlette Protector," attitude away, and hopefully in the next month or so will start acting like herself again.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Today is cold and rainy but it keeps the cats indoors which is a pawsitive!

We ventured down to the groomers 25 minutes down the road around 11am. It was not raining then but cool and cloudy. She was looking out the window and walking around in the back on the boxes of books that go to the shop later this week.

When we got there she hid inside the box but we got her out and she went into her cat carrier without any fuss. If I keep her in carrier she goes nuts screaming and clawing at door so i keep in carrier in transport but in car open door and she goes on my lap or in the back. I have a quilt on the dog cage that she likes to sit up there and look out the window.

She was not as bad as past. She used to be a loose cannon biting jumping scratching the groomer. We had to put cone of shame on her in the past so she doesn't bite the clippers.

Happy to report she was very good and only howled/hissed a few times. The husband of groomer had some cat mint he rubbed on her face and she sniffed at it a few times...we don't know if that's why she was much more relaxed or if it wasn't me that was restraining her as the howling/yowling bothers me more than the cat!

20180605_113645.jpg

20180605_113710.jpg

Honeybee got her arm pits shaved for first time! Usually she wont tolerate that or legs touched but she must have realized that it will be over faster if she just gives in or it's the groomer husband who has a way with animals. All in all I am very happy with things!

Aftwrwards we dug up some daisies she had out back and some mint. We looked at the various plants she has-she has yellow Columbine! I am making a list of who has what..because so many of us want to trade plants and it would be cool to have more plants grow in more areas. I forgot to take a picture but I may stop over next week for some more mint as the back yard is nothing but weeds.

She has pigs too. Petunia and Harley. They built a really nice covered enclosure for them and hes trying to figure out how to hook up a fan to keep air moving during warm days. They have a mud pit to roll in as well.

20180605_115435.jpg

And tonight miss Bee cozy and content. She's a little heater who keeps me roasting hot! For a small 10 lb cat she gives off a ton of heat!
20180605_200752.jpg

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine antine I see a pic of brace mama foxie, it's a PAWsitive day!

R raysmyheart anytime I see a pic of sweet Speedy, it's a PAWsitive day, too! She looks so happy on her walk!

Today, during a busy time at work, a customer bought a cat-patterned shopping bag for her friend who has nine cats. After the lady checked out and left, the remaining customers in line immediately began talking about how she must be a crazy cat lady, and making disparaging comments about what her home must be like, or how she must not have friends. My coworker, a fellow cat-lover, and I, ignored their snide remarks, but it annoyed us. But then they left. At the very end of the line was a sweet German tourist who said, "Those ladies were wrong! I have fourteen cats, myself, and many human friends as well. And at least my house is not filled with the stench of judgementalism." It's always nice and PAWsitive when your faith in the public is restored by one reasonable person!

On that note, another one of my customers finally posted her "Crazy Cat Lady" music video (she did it yesterday, for National Hug Your Cat Day.) I posted a link to it here in the cat lounge. It's a cute and sweet song, which she wrote about her cat, and filmed the video in a cat cafe.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Nice hair cut Honeybee! foxxycat foxxycat has she ever had a lion cut? She's the perfect colour for one, I bet she could rock a mane and lion tail look.

I'm sitting here waiting for my third disaster, because you know these things always come in threes.

Day before yesterday Happy decided that the butterfly fluttering around on the deck must die and she managed to knock over loads of pots and smash a plant in her attempts to nab one.

She failed, all the butterfly got away. I guess the other positive there is that I now have an excuse to go to the garden center and buy a replacement plant.

Yesterday Sadie wouldn't come in for her breakfast, so I put her bowl out on the deck for her. A few minutes later a huge crow flew down and grabbed the bowl. I thought he must have dropped it on the ground but when I went out it was nowhere to be seen.

Then I heard the DYONGDYONGDYONGDYONG sound of him dropping it from a tree off in the woods somewhere. Oh well, it was only a cheap metal bowl and I guess the positive is I saw a huge crow close up.

Today the monsoon has started. The positive there is that I got all the tulip bulbs dug up in time. Got to try drying them out and replanting in some fertilised soil this autumn.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat honeybee looks so svelte with her new 'do! Such a pretty girl!

Today, my neighbor gave us some succulents to add to my collection, since we have been walking their dog with Mondo. Both pups enjoy each other's company, even though their dog is about 1/2 the size of my dog's head. So, the succulents are just a bonus!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today the monsoon has started. The positive there is that I got all the tulip bulbs dug up in time. Got to try drying them out and replanting in some fertilised soil this autumn.
Norachan Norachan - Glad to hear that you got your tulips out in time. Hopefully next Spring you'll see lots more blooms from them!

Do me a favour, willya? Send a bit of that monsoon season this way!

Actually a lovely day here; the cool weather has brought songbirds out in abundance. My neighbour's Oriole feeder has been visited regularly all day long, and a pair of Indigo Buntings has been returning to the small seed feeder here every half hour or so, filling the kitchen with the, "meh-eh-eh-eh, meh-eh-eh-eh, meh-eh-eh-eh," chattering of kitties!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kids had good checkups at the dentist today! Although if DS doesn't get his 2 loose teeth out in 2 months I have to bring him back so they can pop em out. :fear: Neither of my kids like to wiggle their teeth. :dunno:

After that I took them to get their IDs for swim lessons . And we took a tour of the facility beyond the pools. It looks really nice (should be for their membership price! I didn't join.) and I've heard good things about their swim classes. :agree:

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I discovered a clothes and carpet moth larvae infestation last week, which has totally scrumpled my mind, as I became ill when dealing with an infestation a few years ago, and am now ridiculously phobic and constantly shaking in fear.

Bear with me for the pawsitivity.

The only firm that kills larvae, pupae, and eggs is fully booked for 4 weeks, and has a long cancellation list. I've been in daily contact with them.

Today, they just emailed to tell me they've bumped us up the list and we'll get the next available appointment!!! This could be any time soon. I'm so relieved. They are total stars for taking on board my phobia and I'm so flabbergastedly grateful.

The first beaming smile has broken across my face in a fair few days.

(I suspect my pawsitive posts are somewhat different to the norm, hahaha!)

:fear::popworm:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat I am glad your beach roses are doing well so far in your yard. As I have said before, I do love them.:)

Well, a positive thing here is that I believe my mystery flowers are actually a wild rose. So, I now have wild roses near me, although I do envy the ones at the shore. I have also noticed they (my mystery flowers) are growing much along the roadside here in central Massachusetts and surrounding my yard! In doing image searches of wild roses, I believe they are closest to rosa multiflora.
20180605_173121.jpg

I notice they have barbs on the branches and a wonderful rose perfume. I am very much in love with this "new" plant I am discovering.

After work yesterday I drove on backroads here and there for an hour and also visited the pond where the baby swans were seen with their Mother.
20180606_170420-1-2.jpg

The Mother and her little ones amaze me with their swimming speed. Awesome!

Wishing everyone a good day!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2258ED14-10AB-4C0C-BC16-7200A4D8D863.jpeg
Every year at this time I am delighted and curious as to the greenery growing wild around my property in the woods. I am a lover of the wild grape plants that grow right next to my property. I love the shape of the leaves, the vines and of course the fruit which has an intoxicating scent and wonderful tart taste. Some people I hear cursing the vines because they will grow quickly onto your property. I, however, do love to trim them back.

That is the "delighted" part. The "curious" part is that there is a plant on a heavy vine that is growing just as vigorously and beautifully as the wild grapes and I have yet to identify it. Here are some photos, you will see two different plants, growing intertwined and I will try to get more distinct photos of each plant for you. Both plants grow high up into the trees and will drape down later in the season. View attachment 235245 The white flower is the mystery vine, you can see how it is growing entwined around the grape vines.

Beautiful, nonetheless. Does anyone else love the wild grapes or have them growing closeby?View attachment 235244
I also love the wild grapes. Here we have scuppernong vines. The fruit is often tart but a delight to find on a long hike through the woods. If you are hot and thirsty the juicy pop of the fruit in your mouth is wonderful! As for your mystery vine..... I can’t be sure but it looks like it is in the rose family by the leaves. I have posted a pic somewhere of a simple rose ( non hybrid) but I will post it here so you can compare. Not an exact match but you get the idea. Some of the old rose varieties are the sweetest smelling. I love a mystery plant! Yours is beautiful! I have hunted new plants as long as I can remember and finding something new is always a big positive for me. One of my happiest finds was a two toned Birds’s foot violet. The top half of the flower was a rich velvety purple and lower half lavender. The leaves resembled little bird feet. Lol

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
This may not start out sounding like a pawsitive, but I think it is. I am a terrible housekeeper. I hate cleaning & postpone it whenever possible. Since Luciano started living with me a year & a half ago, I think I've cleaned the floors more often than in the previous 20 years. However, most people would still think there's too much cat hair everywhere in my apartment. I finally broke down & signed up for a one time $99 cleaning online that's happening Saturday afternoon. I'm going to really try and keep up the level of clean once it happens, but more importantly, I've got to get a bunch of things in order before Saturday afternoon so the cleaning can happen. No idea how Luciano is going to react to a stranger cleaning, using noisy machines & smelly cleaning fluids for a few hours, but I'm hoping he just hides up in one of the lofts.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cool late Spring weather continues here, thankfully, and it seems to be bringing out songbirds from near and far. My neighbour has Oriole feeders set up in a couple of the trees in his yard, and I've never seen so many Orioles in the fifteen years I've been here. Lovely little birds, and seemingly always hungry.

oriolefeeder.jpg

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , that you for the photo. Your simple rose indeed looks very similar to my wild rose vine. I can just imagine the perfume from your picture!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine that is an amazing photo of a very beautiful bird. I will see the Oriole very briefly, once or twice in the Spring and that is it for the year, although I have not spotted any this year so far. Awesome photo!

I did not get out in the yard because of catching up on laundry and other things in the house, but I am not complaining as I have the wonderful company Speedy and I do treasure my time off (spent with her) so much.:greenpaw:

Wishing a wonderful day to all!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Beautiful! Positively!

foxxycat foxxycat I am glad your beach roses are doing well so far in your yard. As I have said before, I do love them.:)

Well, a positive thing here is that I believe my mystery flowers are actually a wild rose. So, I now have wild roses near me, although I do envy the ones at the shore. I have also noticed they (my mystery flowers) are growing much along the roadside here in central Massachusetts and surrounding my yard! In doing image searches of wild roses, I believe they are closest to rosa multiflora.
View attachment 235564
I notice they have barbs on the branches and a wonderful rose perfume. I am very much in love with this "new" plant I am discovering.

After work yesterday I drove on backroads here and there for an hour and also visited the pond where the baby swans were seen with their Mother.
View attachment 235565

The Mother and her little ones amaze me with their swimming speed. Awesome!

Wishing everyone a good day!
Ahhhh ! The swans! What a delightful photo. I would have loved to have watched them swimming together. I have always been a bird lover and the babies following Mom are a precious sight. I am always rushing but I have enjoyed taking the time to check the latest posts here. The shared photos and positive things going on with everyone are a joy. Thank you everyone for being so generous as to share!

Last edited by a moderator:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My positive for the day is that I only have to work for about 3 hours this evening. That's almost like having a day off. I made a quick trip to the supermarket this afternoon and picked up a few cheap pots of torenia wishbone flowers to brighten up the front garden.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I think if I ever see any tulip flowers from those bulbs it will be a miracle. After I dug them up I but them in a cardboard box and left them to dry. I went to check them this afternoon to see if they were ready to hang up in nets and I noticed a certain.....odour. Someone had decided the cardboard box was a new litter box!

:doh:

It's no wonder flowers don't do well here. They get snowed on, monsooned on and peed on. Poor things.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
My pawsitive for today is that it is the start of softball for my company. We have four teams and play each other in Central Park Friday afternoons. I am not a good player, but it's still fun.
And a bigger pawsitive is I am going to a concert tonight - does anyone else remember Paul Young & Midge Ure? They're co-headlining a tour & I loved both of them back in the day.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I think if I ever see any tulip flowers from those bulbs it will be a miracle. After I dug them up I but them in a cardboard box and left them to dry. I went to check them this afternoon to see if they were ready to hang up in nets and I noticed a certain.....odour. Someone had decided the cardboard box was a new litter box!

:doh:

It's no wonder flowers don't do well here. They get snowed on, monsooned on and peed on. Poor things.
Norachan Norachan - Oh no - Tulips prefer an almost neutral pH, and the uric acid won't help that. Moo Shu suggests feeding the cats Beluga Caviar to reduce their acidity!
moozoom2.gif

Yet another mild, lovely day here today at 65º F. There's been quite a bit of Indigo Bunting activity in the cherry tree to the north of the house, and the cats have been crowding the windows on that side today. Now it appears that they might be nesting about halfway up, in the tree's heavy branches. They're relatively uncommon here, and perhaps this will be the start of a somewhat more concentrated population in the future!

indigo.jpg

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , I see Blue Jays and Blue Birds here and I do love them, however, I would someday love to spot an Indigo Bunting! I hope you will see many more of these friends in the future. A very nice photo of this bird, indeed.

The local farmstand is now open and I stopped for vegetables to make vegetable pasta. I bought a spiralizer gadget to cut the vegetables like spaghetti and tonight I hope to make again -, zucchini pasta!

ileen ileen , enjoy your concert!

Norachan Norachan , I'm sorry about the bulbs.:(

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a pretty nice day here today; cool temperatures and bright blue skies all 'round. Back at the edge of the lawn, there was someone waiting for me tonight, and actually moving toward me, which took me a bit by surprise - Mama Foxie's little black-tipped girl, very nearly out in the open.

foxbabe.jpg

A moment later, Mama was calling her, and she turned and trotted off into the woods.

It must have been Edge Of The Lawn Day here, because less than fifty yards up the border, there was another girl, but this time a Mama of a different kind.

snap.jpg

She's a trifle later than I generally see snapping turtles climb the bank to lay their eggs, but she's a youngish girl, no more than 20 or 22 inches stretched out, so who can tell?

The superpawsitive? I've still not yet seen a Deerfly yet this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.