The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Took Blondie to the vet this morning because she wasn't using her left hind leg. Nothing was broken, so we will bring jer tomorrow again to take some X-rays and have an in-depth check at her. Vet said it is lost likely something that can be fixed:)

I've tried some of the Manic Panic colours, they have some really nice ones and I love the fact that their products are all cruelty free.

:goldstar:

Directions do some good colours too. Rose Red and Dark Tulip are two of my favourites. The Stargazer ones are pretty good. Not as vibrant as Directions, but they last well and don't stain the bathroom as much.
I heard about directions, but Manic Panic did have a warehouse in Spain, so there was a big difference in shipping time and cost when I used it.

If I could find something half as wonderfully nourishing and mosturizing for hair as Manic Panic is, but without pigments (or with golden ones?) it would be great. My hairdressers were amazed at how good the condition of my hair was, especially for its length and for being dyied for sooo long.

If you ever change color, let me know! I've always wanted tl try midnight blue, to be honest!

A.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took Blondie to the vet this morning because she wasn't using her left hind leg. Nothing was broken, so we will bring jer tomorrow again to take some X-rays and have an in-depth check at her. Vet said it is lost likely something that can be fixed:)

I heard about directions, but Manic Panic did have a warehouse in Spain, so there was a big difference in shipping time and cost when I used it.

If I could find something half as wonderfully nourishing and mosturizing for hair as Manic Panic is, but without pigments (or with golden ones?) it would be great. My hairdressers were amazed at how good the condition of my hair was, especially for its length and for being dyied for sooo long.

If you ever change color, let me know! I've always wanted tl try midnight blue, to be honest!

A.
Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico *PRAYERS* for Blondie to be okay quickly and not have anything serious!
And I envy you lighter-haired people. My natural color is rusty black and so those fun colors don't take on me. I tried a chunking kit once where you bleach it out and then put on the color -- it didn't work AT ALL.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico hugs to you and your fur baby that all goes very well!!
Positive energy for you!
Ok 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine oobleck slime or Seuss?
And just to ensure this counts as a positive post, there was an emergency room visit of the human variety when the chuck holding the bit into the drill bit fell out and down :fuming:---the good thing being it was only 10 stitches :gift:

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico *PRAYERS* for Blondie to be okay quickly and not have anything serious!
And I envy you lighter-haired people. My natural color is rusty black and so those fun colors don't take on me. I tried a chunking kit once where you bleach it out and then put on the color -- it didn't work AT ALL.

Thanks, dear, I hope everything will go fine :)

It is funny that you say that, because I have wanted to have black hair my entire life, and my mother never allowed me to dye it black because she said it would make my face look "hard". A wig proved her wrong, but still she said it was a color too difficult to get rid off.

I am by no means advicing you to do this, but some of Manic Panic colors do show on treated datk hair. The thing is that, no matter how dark or light your hair is, as this is a colour hair mask, pigments will not deposit in your hair unless you "open" its "pores", which is why bleach (or dyeing your hair of some other color) is a requisite for these kind of dye. In my case, I dyed my hair red at the salon and then used Vampire Red hait mask on it. It made my hair look 300% better.

Just be ready for stained clothes if you ever try this ;)

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've tried some of the Manic Panic colours, they have some really nice ones and I love the fact that their products are all cruelty free.

:goldstar:

Directions do some good colours too. Rose Red and Dark Tulip are two of my favourites. The Stargazer ones are pretty good. Not as vibrant as Directions, but they last well and don't stain the bathroom as much.

I've tried so many manic panic colors - before my signature redhead days. When I went to the beauty supply to get my corrective color, the manic panic aisle called to me with a very sweet nostalgia. If I totally ruin my hair trying this weekend, I can always pick something else fun to try!
Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico I have used their midnight blue twice - once on a friend's light blonde hair and once over brown hair. I don't know what color your hair is, but I thought it was an especially pretty shade over the darker hair that hasn't been bleached. The blue works with almost any undertone. Most of the damage comes from bleaching rather than depositing color, I think. So, if you stay at your same "level" of darkness, you should be able to keep your ultra-healthy hair!
Manic Panic España - Distribuidor Oficial - Tintes Fantasia Veganos - comprar tintes fantasia para el pelo - Manic Panic España

PAWSITIVE- I'm so happy my cats love to groom each other and cuddle. I mean SERIOUSLY - look at these cuddly kitties!

IMG_9434.JPG

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Direction do a really nice Midnight Blue. I've used it loads of time before. My hair is dark brown and wan't bleached at all when I tried the blue. It's a really strong blue colour, lasts for ages and gives your hair a nice shine too.

My positive for the day is that my cacti is flowering!

Garden81.jpg
Garden82.jpg

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Most of the damage comes from bleaching rather than depositing color, I think. So, if you stay at your same "level" of darkness, you should be able to keep your ultra-healthy hair!
Oh, I didn't explain it well! As I am a teacher, I am not supposed to wear fantasy colors, so I am a blonde now. I meant that Manic Panic hair masks are sooooo good for hair, I would like to find a colourless one to take care of my hair without changing color :) I am natuarally an Ash Blonde (6~7 level, depending on season and activity), but I currently have it dyed strawberry blonde with golden highlights, so I cannot use Manic Panic Snow White, which for other hair colors would do nothing, as it would cancel those golden pigments.

Norachan Norachan those cat pots are lovely!!!! I love your cacti too, but they cannot compete with the cuteness of those pots :D

So, did your hair take the pigment without being treated at all? That is amazing, porosity of mine is too low for that, I've tried...

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, I didn't explain it well! As I am a teacher, I am not supposed to wear fantasy colors, so I am a blonde now. I meant that Manic Panic hair masks are sooooo good for hair, I would like to find a colourless one to take care of my hair without changing color :) I am natuarally an Ash Blonde (6~7 level, depending on season and activity), but I currently have it dyed strawberry blonde with golden highlights, so I cannot use Manic Panic Snow White, which for other hair colors would do nothing, as it would cancel those golden pigments.

Norachan Norachan those cat pots are lovely!!!! I love your cacti too, but they cannot compete with the cuteness of those pots :D

So, did your hair take the pigment without being treated at all? That is amazing, porosity of mine is too low for that, I've tried...
Ah, I understand now. I was confused and went on a completely different tangent! I've heard coconut oil is a really good hair mask, but I've never tried it. I'd imagine it has to be warmed up, since it's pretty solid at room temp.

And yes, I've had a few times where people put manic panic on with no bleach or developer, and it worked. Old tricks for upping the porosity when using MP are applying heat or going swimming in a pool the day of dyeing. It always turns out different on non-bleached hair, but some people like to be surprised. It's so much more vibrant than regular dye, and you can leave it on for a while, so it usually works without even developer.

I also completely agree about the adorable cacti pots Norachan Norachan !
:lovecat:
My succulent is flowering, too. You've inspired me to find some cute lil pots for a few, as they've become a bit crowded where they are outside. I love being able to share and see the gardening pics with everyone here! Even though I'm quite a novice, it's fun and PAWSITIVE to share a bit of nature with each other.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan LOVE your cacti and the adorable pots they're in!
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer What a lovely pic!
Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico The chunking kit was bleachout and then pigment -- in this case, bright red -- but for some reason my hair will not bleach out. Actually I am glad, because bleach does destroy the hair. So even though my hair is an uninteresting (to me, anyway) rusty black, which I've colored dark brown, it's okay. I'll leave the more adventurous colors for others and then I can enjoy looking at them without so much damage to my own hair, which is 3' long and like wire. I need it to wreak havoc on vacuum cleaners :insertevillaugh: which it PAWSitively does do if I'm not very careful!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello & it's great to be back! I was on vacation in Mexico since Mar 29 & although I had a completely wonderful time, it was great catching up with all the posts here. I have so much pawsitive to contribute from my vacation that I will break it up into several posts.
I'll start with the flora & fauna. When we were flying into Mexico City, I noticed there were just as many purple trees as green ones. They were absolutely beautiful, but my photos from the plane window didn't come out. I thought they looked like lilacs, but knew they couldn't be because they were full-blown trees. It turns out they are called jacaranda & only bloom for a brief period, like cherry blossoms. I'm so happy I got to see them. We spent the first few days of our vacation at my cousin's home in Patzcuaro, which is up in the mountains in the state of Michoacan about 7000 feet elevation. One day we went to see the pyramids in Tzintzuntzan & there was a gorgeous jacaranda tree nearby so I got my photos
CIMG4381.JPG
CIMG4382.JPG
There were beautiful flowers to be seen all over Patzcuaro.
CIMG4304.JPG

CIMG4305.JPG

CIMG4307.JPG

CIMG4370.JPG

After several days in Patzcuaro, we went to the beach in Troncones in the state of Guerrero. The 3.5 hour drive brought us from pine trees and the like in the mountains through desert with many cacti to the tropical beach climate. This was our second visit to Troncones & again we stayed at a micro eco-resort, just the 13 of us: me & my boyfriend; my cousin his wife & their three kids; my other cousin, her husband and their two kids; my mom & my aunt (my cousins' mom). Here are some pictures of beautiful flora & fauna at Casa Viva in Troncones.
CIMG4446.JPG

CIMG4450.JPG

CIMG4451.JPG

CIMG4452.JPG

CIMG4453.JPG

If anyone knows what kind of flowers these are, please let me know. Thanks.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back, ileen ileen (though IDK if you actually WANT to be back after seeing all those beautiful flowers and having what sounds like a great time with family!) Thanks for sharing the gorgeous pix! Jacarandas are indeed beautiful -- as long as they're not on your own property, because the flowers leave an almost indelible stain on sidewalks, driveways, and cars!
IDK what all of the flowers are, but scrolling down from jacarandas, there are amaryllis, bougainvillea, and hibiscus, all of which grown very well here in SoCali along with jacarandas, which are boulevard meridian plantings in my city (a nice use for them).
Big purrs to Luciano from Tarifa, Suha, and Elvis PURRSley! Bet you WERE glad to return to him.:kneading::cloud9:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan - I'll echo Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico R raysmyheart tinydestroyer tinydestroyer and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - those cactus pots are fabulous. If the eyes were painted blue, it'd be just like having a batch of miniature Snowshoes around the place: you put your hand out to touch them and end up bleeding.

The day couldn't have been much better here today - a fine, misty rain which leveled out the mulch beds perfectly, giving the appearance that they'd been topped and smoothed out meticulously by someone with a practised eye for landscaping, rather than by an impatient old man muttering under his breath.

My pawsitive news today is it's National Pet Day - go out and adopt a new furry friend. :lovecat:National Pet Day
neely neely - Are you saying that we have to adopt another kitty now? I'd hate to seem greedy like tarasgirl06 - although twelve is a nice even number....

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan - I'll echo Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico R raysmyheart tinydestroyer tinydestroyer and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - those cactus pots are fabulous. If the eyes were painted blue, it'd be just like having a batch of miniature Snowshoes around the place: you put your hand out to touch them and end up bleeding.

The day couldn't have been much better here today - a fine, misty rain which leveled out the mulch beds perfectly, giving the appearance that they'd been topped and smoothed out meticulously by someone with a practised eye for landscaping, rather than by an impatient old man muttering under his breath.

neely neely - Are you saying that we have to adopt another kitty now? I'd hate to seem greedy like tarasgirl06 - although twelve is a nice even number....
:crackup::lolup: Yeah, well, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine My folks were no slouches and they taught me Life Lesson #1, which is that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. What they did not extrapolate is that the loud, assertive cat lover stands a better chance of getting the cats than the quiet little cat lover in the corner. :insertevillaugh:
And btw, I like your comparison there. CATcus and Snowshoes! Hmmmm :yeah:

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've heard coconut oil is a really good hair mask, but I've never tried it. I'd imagine it has to be warmed up, since it's pretty solid at room temp.
It is, but it doesn't work well on its own for my hair, sadly :( I've tried hair masks containing it and results were good, though. I made some research and it seems that as my hair is fine and has low prosity, coconut oil is too heavy for it and useless on its own. Argan oil works much better for my kind of hair, and I prefer its smell :) Now I have a lot of coconut oil and nothing to do with it, so I've started to do my own tinted lipbalms using coconut oil, almond oil and a little bit of lipstick.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , as a huge fan of Xena I consider black the most beautiful color for hair. Weren't I such a coward I would have dyed mine black years ago and accept my mother's punishment ;)

Today's pawsitive: I am visiting one of my friends in her new home tomorrow, yay!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is, but it doesn't work well on its own for my hair, sadly :( I've tried hair masks containing it and results were good, though. I made some research and it seems that as my hair is fine and has low prosity, coconut oil is too heavy for it and useless on its own. Argan oil works much better for my kind of hair, and I prefer its smell :) Now I have a lot of coconut oil and nothing to do with it, so I've started to do my own tinted lipbalms using coconut oil, almond oil and a little bit of lipstick.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , as a huge fan of Xena I consider black the most beautiful color for hair. Weren't I such a coward I would have dyed mine black years ago and accept my mother's punishment ;)

Today's pawsitive: I am visiting one of my friends in her new home tomorrow, yay!
You can easily use the coconut oil for cooking if it's food grade. Excellent for that. But the lip balms sound nice, too!
IDK about black hair unless it's natural and I think it does look very harsh on light-complected people. I'm brown so it's natural for me. I just lightened it a shade to dark brown, which used to be very "fake" but they've improved it a lot.
Argan oil is WONDERFUL. I bought a bunch of shampoo and conditioner by Renpure -- cruelty free and it smells SO GOOD!
Dinner time for three and me, which is PAWSitive!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
My hair is mostly white now but as it is growing out from the bleached blonde I had been most of my life I see some ugly grayish streaks in back and the texture of the hair is just awful, stiff, thin, no shine, breaks easily and won't hold a style. So I looked for something I saw years and years ago (before I ever thought of being an old lady with gray or white hair) that was made for gray and white hair, it was called something like "Sand and Silver" but nobody seems to know this anymore and I don't see anything made for gray and white hair anywhere, just some blue and some purple stuff that allegedly takes the brassy yellow out. After bleaching my hair and putting toner on it my hair was always in really good shape so I decided to get the lightest blonde I could find and it has turned out great. The hair has the slightest blonde tone to it but still appears to be white, I put it on the ugly gray streaks first and left it there the longest and now those are gone which is what I wanted the most. The texture is also nice again, the hair is soft and shiny again too. Maybe now it won't break as much anymore either.
I do need a haircut but hate to go to a salon because they never want to believe that my hair has a certain tendency to curl up to the point of frizziness which runs into my family. So they want to blow-dry my hair and it turns into puff-ball, then they try pin-curls and once you comb that out it looks like Bozo the clown. What does work is a roller set but every hair needs to be on rollers, then it behaves like normal European hair. That is a lot of work and they want you in and out of there as fast as possible and some of the hair dressers barely know how to roll hair. Of course it only lasts until it gets wet or damp so my hair only gets washed once a week. Yes, I have tried every hair straightener there is but my hair is too fragile for all those chemicals or heat treatments which are made for Black or Hispanic hair and I have no trace of that. Once I ended up with my longer than shoulder length hair barely covering my ears as it was so damaged by the treatment that it just came off, never again.
I just want a cut and a wash and roller set and not have to fight with the hair dresser who does not know my hair.
When I do it myself I don't have that hassle and it turns out the way I want, I just need a cut to be happy.

ileen ileen the purple trees are jacaranda, they will bloom here in another month or two, drop their flowers all over, pretty on the lawn and a horrible mess on sidewalks and cars, and don't bring them on your shoes inside on the carpet, that stain will never come out; then there is a peach amaryllis, a red and white amaryllis, a red bougainvillea, a light purple bougainvillea (they also come in yellow and pink), a yellow w/red hibiscus, a pink hibiscus, I have no idea what the little blue flower is, the ropey looking red flower is a acalypha hispida in the family of euphorbias also known as chenille flower and the red upright flower appears to be a lupine. And yes, as tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 says they all grow here in SoCal, so the person who said a while back that there was nothing but succulents here has been shown to just not remember all the flowers we have here on bushes and trees and on the ground.

You've taken some really nice pictures and it was nice of you to share them with us all.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, driving through town to home after work, it was the first day that I could really notice much greenness appearing on lawns and grasses and I thought I could see buds on trees. We may be a little behind here in Massachusetts for the buds to appear, but I think once they start, there is no stopping the growth of another Season. It made me think also, time does not stand still.

Status
Not open for further replies.