The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine *ROFLMOTO* over both your most recent posts. LOVE that mug. And isn't it great when free food comes attached to friends? I'm sort of getting that soon, as I have a free meal coupon from IKEA and my ex #2 is going to go there with me to what I call "Disneyland for adults". I am excited because it'll be the first time I will have the opPURR-TUNA-ty to see their CAT STUFF! Yes, friends, IKEA has a full line of all things cat. I can't wait! Maybe they'll have a mug like yours, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine :crackup:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
As 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine mentioned the Movie Gigot=I found it on youtube-what a very interesting movie! Will finish watching tomorrow. I love it when the cat jumped from up above onto the man's shoulder and he fed him some pieces of meat or I assume it was meat... Thank you for educating us about various movies!

I also been poking around on Amazon for spring tools-bought one of these..

I had a bag of garden tools I use but I seemed to have misplaced it. So I need to get my tools ready for someday when the snow finally melts!

And looks like it's high forties this week around Tues/Wed!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart - Speedy drinks coffee too? It must be a snowshoe trait!

View attachment 224232

It looks like today will be the last cool day, for a while anyway. Forty degrees for the high - perfect yard clean-up weather - and then four days between fifty and sixty.

For anyone who found themselves in Uma's path, take heart - at least your snow isn't orange:

Strange 'orange snow’ phenomenon reported across eastern Europe
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , Speedy doesn't exactly drink the coffee, but certainly thinks it is funny to "bat" my cup with her paw every time I take a sip. :) Moo Shu certainly does have a fancy mug to drink from.;)

The true treasure of my day was to arrive home after work today and to be greeted so lovingly by my sweet little girl, Speedy. Sometimes I can't believe that I am so lucky to have her in my life.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The IKEA visit was amazing. I'm a huge fan of the business and most of my furniture comes from there. I believe wholeheartedly in their mission statement and am a shameless pimp for them ;)
So the lunch I had was SO good. Anyone who's been to IKEA knows their food is wonderful. I had the vegetarian meatballs, which came with a tomato/onion sauce I call "chutney" but probably they don't; it also came with quinoa and these great mixed vegetables. Dessert was a chocolate almond cake with toffee crunch that was beyond great. Also, a latte. I never eat out anymore (can't afford it) but I used to eat at quite a few higher-end restaurants and IKEA is right up there with them in quality and greatness IMHO.
I bought a bag of the veg. meatballs, some of their wonderful coffee, a light kit to replace one in a lamp I love that no longer works, and a CAT PILLOW.
*Color me HAPPY* :D

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a bag of garden tools I use but I seemed to have misplaced it. So I need to get my tools ready for someday when the snow finally melts!

And looks like it's high forties this week around Tues/Wed!
foxxycat foxxycat - Find those tools - Spring is right around the corner!

Part of the day here was spent in the barn, putting fresh edges on the edging shovels and spades, and honing the blades on the gas-powered edger and three of the trowels. The rest went to lubricating the hinges on the garage doors, inspecting the lift cables, and the tracks.

Reminder - a half hour spent on simple maintenance can save you a serious bundle of cash down the road. Think of it as a wellness checkup for your home.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, my boyfriend and I made filet mignon and garlic-white wine mushrooms for dinner. I'm a reformed (reforming?) picky eater, especially when it comes to vegetables, and this is the first time I can remember eating mushrooms. I'm proud of myself. :woo:

The bf suggested tomatoes will be in the next few years, but considering I'm getting more picky with them (I used to eat ketchup and marinara sauce and won't anymore) I think he shouldn't plan on that one.

Also, Lelia got a new "toy" for Palm Sunday.
20180325_145552.jpg

It probably makes me a terrible Catholic to let her play with it, but she's happy so I am, too.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Just as I was contemplating dinner, a free pizza floated up the driveway, attached to my veterinarian. Moo Shu Snowshoe sat right in his lap while he played keep-away with his slices of pizza ate, and never bothered me at all. Trust me on this - there's nothing more pawsitive than having your own Snowshoe distracted by someone else's pizza. Two thumbs up!
My cats know I only ever eat weird, icky stuff like fruit and vegetables, so they never try to steal human food unless Mr Husband brings some real meat home. He was foolish enough to buy himself some pork to fry last night and was instantly surrounded by 22 pairs of sad eyes going,

"We've never been fed in our lives!"

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , Speedy doesn't exactly drink the coffee, but certainly thinks it is funny to "bat" my cup with her paw every time I take a sip.
Little Boy can't be trusted around drinks. If he's not trying to stick his tongue in your water he's deliberately knocking over your tea.

:rolleyes3:

My positive for the day is that the snow is starting to melt. Might actually get some spring weather soon.

:anticipation:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beethoven is my most beloved western Classical composer. I know a lot of people think of his work as loud, bombastic, etc., maybe because of what they've heard about him as a person, which is only a part of who he was. He was also deeply devoted to nature and to the cause of freedom and justice for mankind. The Ninth is the ultimate composition, IMHO, but I also count the 6th and his Piano Concerto No. 5 among my most loved music. I also feel a connection to him because his date of passing and my date of birth are the same -- March 26th (though not in the same year :crackup:) I'm sort of like the Peanuts character, Schroeder, I guess, in that I've always been obsessed with Ludwig. I haven't read that book but hope to get the chance.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , Speedy and R raysmyheart are sending Special Wishes for you to have a wonderful day! :):sunshine::party2::daisy::purplebutterfly::butterfly::daisy: :)

This morning is very sunny in my area, a little chilly. When I woke, I said to Speedy "Happy Birthday, Speedy". May I celebrate many more Birthdays with you. :party::party2::catrub:I am lucky to have the evening free with her tonight and we will play Da Bird!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
My pawsitive for today is twofold: I managed to cut two of Luciano's nails over the weekend & he played with (and eventually killed) a tiny moth I'm sure would have made holes in my sweaters.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats know I only ever eat weird, icky stuff like fruit and vegetables, so they never try to steal human food unless Mr Husband brings some real meat home. He was foolish enough to buy himself some pork to fry last night and was instantly surrounded by 22 pairs of sad eyes going,

"We've never been fed in our lives!"

Little Boy can't be trusted around drinks. If he's not trying to stick his tongue in your water he's deliberately knocking over your tea.

:rolleyes3:

My positive for the day is that the snow is starting to melt. Might actually get some spring weather soon.

:anticipation:
Norachan Norachan - It's so sad that they've never been fed. Bob is the same way when there's food of any kind around - be it of the cat or Human variety. He looks up at you with those big, sad puppy dog eyes (because, let's face it, at just over 35 pounds, he's more the size of a Border Collie than a cat) as if to say, "Oh, please - please... I haven't eaten for several minutes; I'm famished!"

bobeats.jpg

It's a beautiful day here; bright, sunny and just under fifty degrees. Time for a drive to Niagara Falls, and the BIG garden center!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why Fangkew, R raysmyheart and Speedy (HB back at'cha, o feline fine :bday::celebrate::bunnydance::party3::party::woohoo:) Of course I'm spending the day doing what I do best: WORKING! It's about all I know how to do. And I love it. I had some of those incredible IKEA vegetable balls last night, because I couldn't get enough of them at lunch, apparently. *Shameless pitch for IKEA*

Status
Not open for further replies.