The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashouldnt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ashouldnt Ashouldnt -- tofu is so versatile! It takes on the flavor of anything you put it in, like soy sauce, spice blends, etc. and you can use it like ground beef, crumbling it up into the sauce. Or you can saute it in sauce and oil and spices. Whatever dishes you love, just put tofu in them instead of meat. You can also cube tofu and put it in salads -- it will take on the flavor of the dressing you put over it.
Another day -- Friday, my favorite day! -- to help cats and kittens. My tortoiseshell laptop is curled on my lap, helping to keep us both warm while I work.
Thank you! I’m gonna do some experimenting tomorrow!

My cat got in a fight with an unknown cat last night. I let them out whilst I cleaned their trays and he decided he didn’t want to come back in when I called. As I was stood on the back garden shouting him, I heard two cats screaming at each other. It was rather scary at the time but he came running back with his tail between his legs and no injuries at all. He’s starting to realise that there’s dangers in the big bad world. He’s growing up and I’m not sure how I feel about it.

On the other hand, his brother cane in for dinner straight away and was munching away happily whilst all this ruckus happened.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's begun to snow in earnest here now - the last snow predicted before the weather turns warmer once more on the week-end - and the current prediction is for six to eight inches along the lake shore before dawn. The snow brings the birds out in force, and the birds bring the cats to the windows, like fat, furry moths drawn to feathery flames - always a joy to watch. Lance and Moo Shu sit together here at the Cat TV, watching an episode titled, "Holy Cow - Look At The Nose On That Thing," and wondering how long you'd cook a Pileated Woodpecker.

pileated.jpg

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The heating is working!

Such a great new in just four words, isn't it amazing? I managed to take a couple of pictures of Freya without her looking blurry ir just not showing at all, which is great. I wanted to take pictures of Raistlin too, but he wasn't cooperating at all...better luck tomorrow, I hope :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’ve decided to try becoming a vegetarian, although I am calling it temporary. I don’t think I can go without turkey or pigs in blankets on Christmas Day.
Congrats on your decision to try going vegetarian. It's was 9 years for me in October and that first year I did have a couple teeny pieces of turkey at Christmas, but I remember feeling guilty eating it, and that was the last turkey for me.

I know there's other vegetarians on this site, and I see some posted here, so if you need any tips or encouragement, maybe post a new thread in The Cat Lounge

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not an early riser but when I have to be up early my family knows I squint my eyes for the first hour. When I woke up at the crack of dawn today, eyes barely open, and went into the bathroom to scoop the litter box I felt a paw on my behind. :eek2: Carleton had jumped on the toilet, seat was down of course, and reached over to tap me. He was waiting to be fed and wanted to get my undivided attention. Gotta love that cat! :biggrin:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
camillel camillel -- my heartfelt condolences for your loss of precious Tigger. May your two beloved cats comfort you and bring you joy!
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- we don't have those here, but on the whole, my 3 prefer their birds sauteed in a little corn oil. Yum!
neely neely -- Oh, that handsome Carleton! *I've always considered myself a night-cat, but I've been getting up at 7 for the past few months and it's been wonderful for me -- a chance to get another hour's work done, and somehow everything seems a lot more positive now. Why, IDK -- but I'm not complaining!*
Another evening. Another nice dinner with as many of the 3 as want to join me, snuggling in and watching more of "BIG CAT WEEK" on NatGeoWILD! Pretty blissful!
IMG_0249.JPG

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dinner looks delicious!!!!! Not sure where you live but I would be willing to travel!!!!
So happy tomorrow is weekend, I so need to sleep past 4:45am, I get up before the rest of the world and freezing like an icicle EVERYDAY and am tired of dressing like an eskimo until lunch, and want to wear capris w and a tanktop

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="tarasgirl06, post: 4464975, member: 20600" 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- we don't have those here, but on the whole, my 3 prefer their birds sauteed in a little corn oil. Yum![/QUOTE]

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - You're just a trifle too far south to see Pileated Woodpeckers; their range in California ends somewhere between Big Sur and Montaña de Oro State Park.

No corn-oil sautéed woodpeckers here, I'm afraid; Bob's trying to watch his weight.

Pawsitivity: having Bob - a Weegie as big as a Water Spaniel.

bob-scottiecat.jpg

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got the news that Aislyn is supposed to be here next Saturday! Her mother agreed to let us have her for Christmas but she's good at changing her mind so I was trying not to get too excited. Now I really have to get to work on her blanket. I can make blankets like that in a day, but my back has been so achy I don't want to spend so much time bending over it every day. The cats aren't gonna be happy - I'll have to close them out of the bedroom so they aren't constantly attacking it while I'm working but they'll survive.

alzycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thats awesome! Do you eat tofu? I’ve never had it but don’t how to cook it or what to have it with
Yes! I eat it all the time. The key with tofu is to get the right texture & flavour combination. A lot of people don't like it because it has that 'spongy' texture. I like to coat it in olive oil and cornstarch before frying or baking it to make it nice & crispy. As far as flavour goes, it just takes on the flavour of whatever you're cooking it with :) one of my favourites is a vegetable and tofu stirfry!

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cat Benetar “Bennie” has gone home with a really sweet family tonight. It’s always mixed feelings when they go. I am sad she is not going to be here to cuddle with... but I am so grateful to the adorable couple that adopted her and I have a feeling she is going to be such a happy kitten. For those that don’t know Bennie was born feral and spent the last five and a half weeks with us learning how to be loved. Her paw prints will stay on our hearts forever, but it was time for her to meet her forever family and almost time for us to find new needy kitties to help!
142121D0-F049-4663-BB41-D652F1DBDF57.jpeg
673925A0-9D1D-4BF2-A8AF-2210B99507C9.jpeg

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Music played on the computer as I layed on the couch snuggling with Sam, gazing into his eyes. He makes me so happy!
I was thinking about my beloved Shady. I lost him to cancer almost 9 years ago and when he left, part of me died too. He was my soulmate kitty. With his passing my heart went from devastating pain to years later something that was a little dim...a little numb. I dearly love all my cats, but when Sam came into my life last year there was something different. For the first time since Shady left, my heart felt full. More than full. Almost bursting with happiness, joy, and love. He is not a replacement. He is his own unique self. But with him there is a connection that I cannot explain.
As I was thinking these thoughts, a song came on. "Better Place" by Rachael Platten. The sweet words in that song summed up my feelings in that moment so perfectly!
So Sam, It's a better place since you came along...

Status
Not open for further replies.