The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The shelter is sharing a "Christmas donation tree" at an area pet store with a local dog rescue. Shoppers can take a card bearing an animal's photo and "its" Christmas wish from the tree and pay for the item at the register. The pet store then adds the item to a box to be picked up later. So far it's been pretty successful.
View attachment 210029
What an absolutely brilliant idea! I love it when people come up with great ideas like this. And it is such a good way to well, basically, enjoy "having" a Christmas tree, too, when you cannot have one at home because your own pet has a nickname like, "Miss Destructo".

I'm going to see if something like this can be done where I live. If it's too late this year to arrange with a rescue I have in mind, maybe we can set it up for next year!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Despite a bit more snow overnight, and cooler temperatures, it's brilliantly sunny here this morning, and the wind chill index has climbed above 0º F (that's -18º for the 99% of the world using the Metric System), and I'm looking forward to seeing all the TCS members' beautiful Holiday Kitties, in this month's photo contest!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As always, appreciating all of the Pawsitive posts here and exulting in new and loving homes found for more cats! Kind of cold for here -- upper 40sF outside in the morning -- and my gardeners were here bright and earlier than usual, all wrapped up warm and I enjoyed listening to their chain saw on the hedge, which really needs it. Working away now, with tortoiseshell laptop warm on her cat blanket. It's going to be a good day, and we are grateful! *Hoping everyone on here who's in the US has contacted their elected officials and voiced support for saving Net Neutrality. If you're on here and you live here, it's crucially important to you to do so NOW as they are talking and voting on it NOW.*

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
There was some snow overnight here, just about an inch or so stuck to my fire escape & it was barely snowing this morning, but Luciano was at the watch at the window. It helps that the radiator is right below the fire escape window. At one point there were five little sparrows making tiny bird footprints in the snow. I realized the birdseed was almost gone so against my better interests, I opened the window with Luciano right there. Normally I wait until he's in the other room for fear of him dashing outside. I was holding him with one arm & refilling the bird feeder with the other. He was very interested in smelling things out there, but fortunately the light snow kept him from attempting to leave. Or maybe he knows how good he has it with me. :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 210004Hi guys, I thought you would appreciate my kitten! She is so playful and always sleeps on my chest. I Am curious at to what kind of mixed breeds she is. Any one have any ideas?
@Bmushtaq , you have a beautiful little girl there! She's a domestic shorthair, which means she's "mixed breed" and tending to be healthier than "purebred" cats often are, because she's got the best of all genes in her. She's a tortoiseshell by coloration, just like my Tarifa who's being my laptop right now ;)
@donnae -- yes, that is definitely a card-worthy pic and conCATulations for uploading! It's a little confusing because the picture icon is still up above the blank shell, but UPLOAD A FILE below it is definitely the way to do it. :yess:

alzycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I might do just that! I’ve been solid for almost three weeks now and it’s quite a bit easier than I though it was going to be. The environment was one of the biggest reasons I wanted to cut down. I’m surprised I’ve lasted this long though, I’m a real meat freak (or I guess I used to a meat freak).
I've been a vegetarian for 14 years, if you need any good recipes let me know :)

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The company I work for got the contract for the next phase of work at the National Gallery of Canada. That will be in the city so I get to go there and take photos. Nice to get paid while out of the office taking pictures :)

Unlike the following project which would have been a rather expensive photo trip.

More photos from the DEW Line (Distant Early Warning) in the Canadian far north. July at the DEW Line.

View attachment 209938

View attachment 209939

View attachment 209940

View attachment 209941
I couldn't resist to watch your breathtaking pictures one more time Shane Kent Shane Kent .

I am looking forward to a whole day off tomorrow and to a whole week off between Christmas and New Year. Missy will be pleased :catlove:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My co-workers were worried about being a meal for polar bears. They said there was an Inuit man that constantly circled where they were working to keep the polar bears away. They only got a couple of photos of a bear but said they seen them daily. I think it is Pawsitive that none of them got eaten :)

View attachment 209947
Shane Kent Shane Kent - I'm never going to post photos the likes of yours, but I thought you might enjoy this one - from an old box, hidden away - (though it's nothing but an old Polaroid) since you'll probably "get" the glowing light over the big water:

severnriver-hudsonbay-1977.jpg

North of Fort Severn, in the south channel of Partridge Island, a few hundred meters before the Severn River sloshes off the Canadian Shield, into Hudson Bay.

A nice old memory, pawsitive enough for me on a cold Winter afternoon, with the foxes waiting for dinner.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a stressful week, so I've had trouble thinking of pawsitive posts, but I've got a cup of hot chocolate, yesterday's Survivor on demand, and my favorite calico chilling out next to me on her cat bed. So it's good.

Plus, after tomorrow night, the school Christmas program will be done and it'll be a nice weight off my chest.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent - I'm never going to post photos the likes of yours, but I thought you might enjoy this one - from an old box, hidden away - (though it's nothing but an old Polaroid) since you'll probably "get" the glowing light over the big water:

View attachment 210066

North of Fort Severn, in the south channel of Partridge Island, a few hundred meters before the Severn River sloshes off the Canadian Shield, into Hudson Bay.

A nice old memory, pawsitive enough for me on a cold Winter afternoon, with the foxes waiting for dinner.
Wow, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , what a beautiful picture ... It seems such a quiet and peaceful place. Thank you for sharing this precious memory.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow is Friday!

Ok, those were just three words, so the message is lacking lenght if not possitivity. So let's see if I can add something else.

I have been honoured with the priviledge of introducing a new author (he is published by the same publishing house as me) in his book presentation on Saturday evening. With the many other authors available, and the numerous college teachers who would have loved to do this, this new author asked me to do this very important thing. I am feeling so honoured and humble that I can barely express it.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well the DOG SITTING potential looks good if MAX and MOUSE approve a new canine in the house. I still wish I was not such a softy where cats, dogs and critters go. But my heart knows that there are children that have broken hearts if they had to give up "SNOOPY" and I was once a kid and it is so hard to part with a pet or worse yet have one go to RAINBOW BRIDGE. Well hopefully one day when they are able, they too will pay it forward♡

Kerwin

Mihu's kittens
Kitten
Purraise
Happy Holidays everyone. 8 weeks ago an 11 month old kitten followed me home. I didn't plan on keeping her but I fell in love with her right away. At her vet check up they thought she had an abdominal mass. Wanted to do exploratory surgery. I declined. The mass turned out to be 5 kittens. 4 are 8 weeks today. One passed away. That story another time. What a blessing her family is to me. I think I'm keeping all the kittens and of course the Mom. This site has been a girl's best friend. Thanks to all. R.I.P. Kerwin

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Holidays everyone. 8 weeks ago an 11 month old kitten followed me home. I didn't plan on keeping her but I fell in love with her right away. At her vet check up they thought she had an abdominal mass. Wanted to do exploratory surgery. I declined. The mass turned out to be 5 kittens. 4 are 8 weeks today. One passed away. That story another time. What a blessing her family is to me. I think I'm keeping all the kittens and of course the Mom. This site has been a girl's best friend. Thanks to all. R.I.P. Kerwin
You are a HERO! *And welcome to TCS, by the way.* Yes, TCS is the best, isn't it?
<3 ((((((((^^)))))))) <3 Fly free, whole, healthy, and forever Loved, tiny angel Kerwin :redheartpump::kitty::redheartpump:
10325_1225350800374_1427132454_30681171_1792713_s.jpg

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine
That's a beautiful photo. I grew up camping and canoing every summer for 2 weeks and some years 3 weeks. Ontario has so many lakes and rivers it is such a beautiful place to live. I am fortunate to be surrounded by so much natural beauty.

I should point out those Far North photos are not in Ontario.

Status
Not open for further replies.